Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Play Offs - Yes or No?

Comments

• Options
    Don't see us finishing in the top 6, but so long as we make a decent fist of things and beat Millwall, I'll be more than happy.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Absolutely Yes. But it wont happen.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Like many, I'd hate to this big hearted tight squad broken up prematurely to make way for mercenaries.

Let the team play as they have been doing and see what happens.
    No expectations.

Then it's just bit of fun if we do make a playoff place.
    And again, no expectations.

Really good point actually. Think its important to go up with a squad that will retain its spine of key players.

All of this being said, if we did (hypothetically) get promoted we couldd probably have a team capable of competing in the prem.

Just miss the days of a full Valley everyweek watching world class footballers. Also it'd be nice to have more than 30 seconds of highlights on the telly.

And Se9 see your point. Be a shame as well because I think that a lot of younger fans would be turned off the price hike
  • Options
    Can't actually believe I'm reading that people don't want us to make the playoffs ! Fairly sure SCP and the players feel differently. Having said that the squad isn't either good enough or deep enough to make it happen. The window is still open so that could change either way.
  • Options
    I think we are a terrific away side - if we work out how to win home games consistently - which isn't beyond the realms of possibility, we can do it, definitely. We are not favourites, but you generally see a team make that late push and with us looking like we have got to grips with the Championship, why shouldn't it be us?
  • Options

I think we are a terrific away side - if we work out how to win home games consistently - which isn't beyond the realms of possibility, we can do it, definitely. We are not favourites, but you generally see a team make that late push and with us looking like we have got to grips with the Championship, why shouldn't it be us?

Absolutely agree Muttley. Also, when you consider the bad luck we had in the first part of the season with injuries and disallowed goals, I don't think our league position tells the true story as to how good this team is. Perhaps it might do by May ;-)
  • Options
    We couldn't afford it yet which is a shame. Ensuring safety is the first goal and we're on the road to that. This season is consolidation.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    It can't hurt to aim high but I don't think we have a realistic chance, especially as teams above us have games in hand too.
  • Options
    Maybe after all its Charlton
  • Options
    I don't think we will make the play-offs or that we are good enough to get promoted, but i do believe any team can nick tthat 6th place and i don't think Blackpool were good enough to get promoted the year they did.

Delighted to finish in our current postion or even if it is slightly lower but see no reason to give up on that 6th place finish just yet, with so much football to play.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Why would anyone not want a chance to get promoted back to the Prem? I don't think our squad is quite deep enough to keep this up and push on to the playoffs but it would be amazing if we could.

This
    To be honest I would rather a couple of years where we thought we would win more games than we lost where survival was not the aim and where we could relate to the players we had turn out for us. If the premier league decided to become a close shop I would not shed a tear

• Options
    The play-offs are not realistic. Let's get more points on the board, see if we can give a few of the youngsters a taste of first team action and then try and strengthen in the Summer. Even if there isn't much cash around, we should be able to pick up a better standard of Bosman signing after a decent Championship season.
  • Options
    Finishing above Palarse & Millwall will do me great...
  • Options
    im happy where we are, the thought of 40 quid plus tickets, all the plastics returning is somthing i can do without, maybe in a few years but would hate to go back up to soon.
  • Options

Finishing above Palarse & Millwall will do me great...

This.
    Can't say I think we'll make playoffs, but I've no problem with us trying.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    It's happened AGAIN! Twice in 2 days ..... I write a post, click on Post Comment and get a message, "Your post is waiting to be approved".

The post is not posted. And now the post can't be retrieved. What's going on ???????

Anybody else had this problem?
  • Options
    I've been saying for the past three months that we will make the play offs and we will.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

It's happened AGAIN! Twice in 2 days ..... I write a post, click on Post Comment and get a message, "Your post is waiting to be approved".

The post is not posted. And now the post can't be retrieved. What's going on ???????

Blacklisted Oggy. All that abuse you keep dishing out.
  • Options
    Bugger. From now on I'd better be nice to Golfie
  • Options
    Don't worry about Golfie, it's Ronny who calls the shots here now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We need the Two Ronnies, more likely, Offy.
  • Options
    If we have a chance of making the play offs, I want us to give it our all to make them. It's only a seven point gap, we have a hard working team that play for each other, we have found our feet in this league and confidence is rising. We won the league last year and with this little run and increased confidence momentum could just push us through the back door. It's a tough ask but notoriously someone makes a late run. I can't understand why any fan off this club wouldn't want us to go up. Personally I want us to try and win things, I want us to win promotion, play in the Premier League and I want us to try and win cups.

We all want us to stay up, that was the priority when the season started but we find ourselves in a better position than most would have thought at this point. It's a credit to Chris and the lads that we are even having this discussion.
  • Options
    Happy where we are. I fear for what might happen to the club financially and the average Joe being priced out of going to games. I'm loving supporting this club as much as I ever have right now.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

I've had the same thing. I'm not going to go down the " censorship " arguement till I find out what's going on .
  • Options

Happy where we are. I fear for what might happen to the club financially

Don't get this. Surely the money from going up would be massively beneficial for the club, providing we don't spend beyond our means?

• Options
    edited January 2013
    With all this talk about play offs and promotion....if we were successful in gaining promotion, which of our players do you think could make the step up? Solly is the obvious choice, some may say Stephens (I have my doubts), any others?
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Oggy Red said:

I've had the same thing. I'm not going to go down the " censorship " arguement till I find out what's going on .
    Something to do with spam blocker AFKA advised this 12 days ago

Carly and any others that have been hit by this.....

There are a couple of different spam filters that run on this platform. One of them (Akisnet) appears to have a problem with certain links that people have tried to post (other press articles, you tube vids etc). It is not clear why it is blocking those specific links, and no explanation is given, they just go on our spam queue (current number 853, for @InspectorSands fans out there).

Why you then get a message saying it is awaiting approval i really don't know. On the spam queue, as an administrator there is no option to 'approve'. It is just listed there. Whether @lookout as master administrator has those options available to him, i don't know.

So apologies to anyone that ever gets impacted by this (history suggests it happens just a couple of times a week). It isn't to do with anything you are saying needing approval, its due to a link you are posting for some reason hitting a spam filter.
  • Options

Happy where we are. I fear for what might happen to the club financially

Don't get this. Surely the money from going up would be massively beneficial for the club, providing we don't spend beyond our means?
    The tentation to spend beyond our means is what worries me. To many prem clubs are in above there heads financially

• Options

With all this talk about play offs and promotion....if we were successful in gaining promotion, which of our players do you think could make the step up? Solly is the obvious choice, some may say Stephens (I have my doubts), any others?

Wiggins Probably, maybe Morrison and Hamer too
  • Options
    Fuller?