Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v. Sheffield Wednesday Post-match Views 2013

edited January 2013 in General Charlton
The silver lining
In our lives are all but gone
The sun let us down

Comments

• Options
    Well.....that was annoying
  • Options
    That's not a haiku.
  • Options
    Disappointing , Had it in the bag until 75 mins then we crumbled , The loss would be easier to accept had we been beaten by a team who attempt to play football, How Gardener and Llera are pro footballers I'll never know ...
  • Options
    Hindsight warriors will be out in force. Lost our legs with 15 to go.

Very frustrating game, completely lacking of any quality.
  • Options
    Wasted chances and sat back too much. Threw it away in the end
  • Options
    Disappointing - but look, we're not going to get relegated, we've lost one in five and if we win next weekend against that scum this will be a distant memory.

Yes Powell should have made subs earlier but I was appalled at the abuse he was getting in the NU at the end of the game.
  • Options
    Never have I seen a player hide like lawrie Wilson hid today. Find a Sheffield Wednesday player and get as close as possible seemed to be his mantra wen we ha the ball. On the odd occasion he did get the ball, he passed it as soon as he could, scared to take any sort of risk. Her final words "enough charity, lets get him off"
  • Options
    Dear Chris Powell,

When the ball keeps coming back and we can't clear out lines because players are tired, MAKE A SUB!

Ta
    Gary

must have needed fresh legs for the last 20. We could have been 3-0 up at one point but in all honesty that was one of the worst games of football I've seen.

Wednesday fans will gloat and fair enough, but they are just as shit as we were.

Home games are awful.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Oh god here we go with the scapegoating.

Blame whoever didn't get Lita for us instead of them, sounds like they were total sh*t until he made them buck up their ideas, and they will be total sh*t again when they get over the excitement of getting some points.
  • Options
    Would have bet my house that we would throw that away at 1-0. They did nothing all game to worry us and we literally just handed it to them on a plate. Don't know why we can't pull it out against these nothing teams.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't win them all , fancy a win at palace
  • Options
    ..and we should be beating little outhouses like Sheffield "yoyo" Wednesday if we want to progress.
  • Options
    I know people say hindsight and the rest....but how many pro games do you see where there is no subs for 88 minutes?

I cannot work it out and as much as I love Powell I can't defend it.

Tired legs and lack of concentration and look what happens.
  • Options
    I'm not saying Powell wasn't partly at fault with his decisions , Yet , it is amazing how quickly the mood changes on here after a loss , 3 wins against hard sides. , a loss isn't disastrous
  • Options
    Couldnt go today as had to work but still gutted as was a nice little run we were on.

Let's start again at palace next week.
  • Options
    Oh well, still need those 4 wins for safety ( + a draw or 2), frustrating as we could have gone above Millwall...MASSIVE 3 points lost. However win next week and this will be forgotten..onwards and upwards.
  • Options
    Sorry but today Powell realy does have to take the blame at 70 mins it was obvious we needed fresh legs on!
  • Options
    Home form is a freaking disaster. As soon as we scored we handed the initiative to Wednesday. There was no change in tactics to combat their shape change and I'm sorry Chris but bringing on three substitutes in stoppage time is just plain embarrassing. There are gaping holes in the squad and we have known it for months. There is no money that is obvious and the Chairman and his pal worry me.
  • Options
    Drab first half from both sides, no atmosphere from either set of fans and had 0-0 written all over it at that point.

Our goal sparked the game into life, and we dominated but both sides looked dangerous with us creating the better openings. The score could've been 3 or 4-1 by the time we started inviting Wednesday onto us. And the game changed.

Our lads were dead on their feet after 80 minutes, as they were against Blackpool. We either need a bigger squad for more options off the bench, or fitness needs to be looked at because conceding late goals at home can't become a habit.
  • Options
    Yep. Was strange and would be interesting to hear the thinking.

I assume he doesn't trust Green/Fuller etc. to be disciplined in what they do and keeps on Wilson and Yann for their perceived battling qualities.

I would've probably yanked Jacko off for BWP for some pace.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mrbligh said:

Never have I seen a player hide like lawrie Wilson hid today. Find a Sheffield Wednesday player and get as close as possible seemed to be his mantra wen we ha the ball. On the odd occasion he did get the ball, he passed it as soon as he could, scared to take any sort of risk. Her final words "enough charity, lets get him off"

I thought he had turned the corner, plenty of rave reviews in recent games.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

I'm not saying Powell wasn't partly at fault with his decisions , Yet , it is amazing how quickly the mood changes on here after a loss , 3 wins against hard sides. , a loss isn't disastrous

It's not. But when we are 10 mins from another 3 points and the ball doesn't stick to relieve a bit of pressure, surely alarm bells must ring and fresh legs be the option that comes to mind.

It's just so frustrating when fans can see it but a manager can't.

I think it's fair game that fans are upset tonight.

I just hope CP picks up on that side of his management.
  • Options
    Just saw the goals and wow, got a bit lucky didn't they? On first viewing can't help but feel Hamer should have done better on the first one(might be / probably am wrong) and the second is just a horrific deflection.

Feels a lot worse to lose it in the last 5 minutes but at the end of the day we are still in the top half of the table and they are still in 21st. I know which team I'd rather be.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Hindsight warriors will be out in force. Lost our legs with 15 to go.

Very frustrating game, completely lacking of any quality.

Exactly someone needs to tell chris powell he can change things when you are winning wilson was knackered and iam fuming i honestly cant believe we lost that game , waggy was superb , same old thing at home need to sort it , out tonight with misses aint gonna be a pleasant evening.
  • Options
    Love the man but listening to the game it sounded like SCP lack of desire ie subs to get a second cost us today.

We move on though, bring on the palace scum.

• Options
    Sick as the proverbial parrot but hey, life goes on folks. Maybe just lulling Palace into a false sense of security. . . . . . .
  • Options

mrbligh said:

I thought he had turned the corner, plenty of rave reviews in recent games.
    He has been better. Wouldn't say turne the corner but definitely more at home at rm. but today was embarrassing, if he had have the balls of waggy he would of firstly closed down the lad on the left who sprayed it wide right, the rm then crossed it in deep to the far side, Wilson didn't follow his man in and bang. 1-1, his hiding after that was unforgivable
  • Options
    And that fat lob in their front row is an embarrassment and poor excuse for a human being
  • Options
    Playoffs anyone? Why do we have to have these type of games before we push on and improve for another 3 or 4 games.
  • Options

And that fat lob in their front row is an embarrassment and poor excuse for a human being

Thought exactly the same