Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v. Sheffield Wednesday Post-match Views 2013

Comments

• Options

And that fat lob in their front row is an embarrassment and poor excuse for a human being

Antonio? Proper cheat
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

mrbligh said:

Never have I seen a player hide like lawrie Wilson hid today. Find a Sheffield Wednesday player and get as close as possible seemed to be his mantra wen we ha the ball. On the odd occasion he did get the ball, he passed it as soon as he could, scared to take any sort of risk. Her final words "enough charity, lets get him off"

I thought he had turned the corner, plenty of rave reviews in recent games.
    He has been better. Wouldn't say turne the corner but definitely more at home at rm. but today was embarrassing, if he had have the balls of waggy he would of firstly closed down the lad on the left who sprayed it wide right, the rm then crossed it in deep to the far side, Wilson didn't follow his man in and bang. 1-1, his hiding after that was unforgivable
    I think Wilson was one of the players out there today who simply ran out of legs in the last 10.
  • Options
    I meant the fat helmet in their crowd with his shirt off but Antonio will do
  • Options
    Yeah that fat twat was mouthing off the whole game to the children in the east. , got no response but still carried on .... Suppose that's how Yorkshire men treat their kids
  • Options
    Being 1-0 up, they were panicking. For some reason we decided to sit back as if they were such a threatening team. Maybe teams do that when lacking in creativity.
  • Options
    Tired legs don't account for total crap goalkeeping. How many times today did Hamer bottle-out of claiming a high ball - then watch meekly as the header floated gently past him for the equaliser. Kicking the goalpost won't help, mate- claiming the ball is what you're there for. Button at Palace, please- more in hope than expectaion!
  • Options
    In the car coming home and skimmed through the posts so apologies if repeating previous. Equaliser came from an unecessary pass back to the keeper and Yann was furious with Dale at the time from that 1-1 gutted.

after they bought Nadine on and went 442 we should have closed that game out comfortably but instead invited pressure on ourselves and the rest is history, lets get on with next week but cant help but feel a real opportunity went west today
  • Options
    That triple sub was a complete pisstake, we were pretty rubbish throughout, tried to match them for hoofball and failed.

Hamer was his usual self today, dropped a couple but only due to Llera poleaxing him.

Solly was crap today (tin hat time) pointless balls over the top to wilson and didn't overlap enough, got turned a fair few times as well

Taylor gets on with his job, let the ball bounce a couple of times early on but cut a lot out and clears well

Morrison, he's a bit thick isn't he? Makes bad decisions, passing the wrong way or at the wrong time and clearing the ball into the stands needlessly.

Evina, good going forwards, linked up well with Wagstaff and worked hard defensively.

Wilson huffed and puffed today but looked knackered, didnt get forwards quick enough and dithered on the ball, should try a ball along the floor once in a while instead of dinking it.

Stephens was ok today, he sprayed the ball around and tackled well, but he sat far too deep in the last 20 and it didnt help our cause.

Pritchard is a little dynamo in midfield, but he looked like a boy playing among men today, constantly outmuscled. Good setup for the goal

Jackson is not an engine roomer or a water carrier, but he scores goals and holds us together, and is probably our 'classiest' player

Wagstaff was a great outlet today, him and evina worked well, and he should have scored, but we didnt use him enough

Kermorgant looked as frustrated as I am, he wants the ball to his feet and all we do is dink it into his general region. He wasnt a real goal threat today but he needs help up there with him

Our tactics were shit today, all dinky balls and static football, no-one was winning the second balls and we sit far too deep.
  • Options
    Awful tactics, score then hoof and defend? Doesn't work. I bet will have a few Wednesday on here gloating now
  • Options
    I just think we have got to stop playing like an away team at home.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Same old shit no subs no points
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Same old shit no subs no points

Not the same as the past three games...
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Powell should be playing substitute by the Who on the way home in the car.

Sorry lads, I went. If you want a scapegoat heap it on me.
  • Options
    Yep fuller coming on much much much earlier than he did would have won it but as we see powell didnt bother until added time! Need to be playing two up top against shit like wednesday from the start really!
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

Never have I seen a player hide like lawrie Wilson hid today. "

Woah! To me Wilson was our most effective player today. In the last 25 minutes he was still creating chances when the rest of the team seemed to be running out of steam. MOTM
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Naive by Powell, you need to change things around we the ball keeps coming back, as people have said after we scored apart from Waggy's shot we didn't create. We gave the initative to Wednesday,we didn't cope with Antonio all game he had a couple of shorts in the second half that missed narrowly, we stood off for both goals.The first game from a player in their half not being closed down whilst we retreated to our box who played a 40 yard cross field ball, this allowed Reds Johnson a full back time to get into our area unnoticed. The second came from the other side when the player cut in he wasn't challenged on his run to our area.NLA earlier in the season pulled Hollands for hiding, well I'm sorry to say Wilson did exactly the same the whole game, maybe he wasn't fit, he didn't look it to me. Personally I thought we knocked it around well in the first half but it's swings and roundabouts with 4-5-1 as we never had bodies in the box. We scored early doors second half and then decided to sit on our box.

Far play to Dave Jones he ended up with 4 forwards on the pitch, maybe if we had been a bit more adventurous and put at least 1 more striker on it could have turned their attacking formation into our advantage, but we were just too defensive.Once they scored and with still 7 minutes to play it's difficult to change the defensive mentality around, and I said to the chap next to me I would take a point as Wednesday were in the ascendancy.

I fear our home form will prevent us from a) push for a play off spot b) stop us feeling safe from the horrible relegation scrap that always happens. We simply cannot rely on our away form and it is evident Powelly still isn't entirely sure how to set the team up at home.
  • Options
    Usually don't agree with the criticism about Powell's subs, or lack of, but he got it wrong today. Wilson had a poor game and Yann looked knackered towards the end. Harriott on to stretch them would have been a bold move.
  • Options
    We play better against the teams with more quality. Silly but true. We stuck with five in the midfield which stifled us a little. It's an effective formation against a team who play the ball around nicely. Against teams like that outfit today it is pretty ineffective as they bypassed the midfield.

I could take or leave Wednesday before today. After watching that though I would happily never have to watch them again. They're not even subtle about their flailing arms and little digs. The tone was set when Coke went through Stephens early on.

We should have won. I'm not necessarily in the camp that says we should have made a sub or two. We looked comfortable and each player was doing their job effectively enough.

So, we have 9 points from12 this year. Should have been a full house but just one of those days.
  • Options
    I think Jones must buy his players by the pound, they were that much physically bigger than us and we just got battered for the last 25 minutes. Doesn't excuse the lack of obvious fresh legs from the gaffer and our hit and hope defending tho'

:-(
  • Options
    Unbelievable. I can't believe what I'm reading on here. One defeat and everyone seems to be getting a slagging.

Helmet fans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wonder if we'll ever know the thinking behind leaving the subs until the 90th minute. Complete mystery to me.

That equaliser was coming and as soon as that happened there was only going to be one winner.
  • Options
    and please for fcuks sake, don't turn this thread into a anti Wednesday one this site is getting pathetic for doing so. They have done the double on us this season and we only have ourselves to blame, I cannot stand the "they were a shite side" crap, let's analyse ourselves and where it went wrong.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Unbelievable. I can't believe what I'm reading on here. One defeat and everyone seems to be getting a slagging.

Helmet fans.

I'm a big fan of that white helmet.
  • Options
    Wednesday are a very physical team to say the least. After we'd got the goal I think CP should've brought on someone with that side to their game. I like Pritch but he was pushed off the ball loads today.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Off_it said:

Helmet fans.

to be fair though offy our home form is poor and in the economic climate many people can't afford away games. So their diet of Charlton is at home and is what people base their views on.

My earlier post is how I saw the game, as said first half we knocked it around nicely but with no cutting edge, second half we justed played too negatively.

• Options
    Powell got it wrong at more than one point. Let's hope he learns from his mistakes. Move on to next week.
  • Options
    all the result shows is that this division is unpredictable, many teams are inconsistent and that quite a few games are rubbish.
  • Options

I meant the fat helmet in their crowd with his shirt off but Antonio will do

Was that "tango man" or is he brown bread ?
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

Never have I seen a player hide like lawrie Wilson hid today. Find a Sheffield Wednesday player and get as close as possible seemed to be his mantra wen we ha the ball. On the odd occasion he did get the ball, he passed it as soon as he could, scared to take any sort of risk. Her final words "enough charity, lets get him off"

You blithering idiot,he was instrumental in our one goal and the little we offered in going forward.

• Options

I meant the fat helmet in their crowd with his shirt off

Lets have a seperate thread on that twat and keep this one to the game.