Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official 2013 Grand National Thread

Comments

• Options
    Bet victor and swing bill brought home the goodies.
  • Options
    Gutted I sticked with PP and didn't open a Bet Victor account.

Cheers PM, the missus won't be getting a Caribbean trip, but a Harvester will more than do !
  • Options
    my missus is out so a chinky for me and Joe as both girls are out to.
  • Options
    Nice one peanuts old son, am about 40 sheets up - also had a fiver e/w on Rare Bob. Shame about not getting paid on Swing Bill, but don't want to be too greedy now.

Now, who shall we bet on for next year?
    ;-)
  • Options
    Brilliant again Peanuts.

Had Swing Bill with VC at 80/1(1st 6), and also had T43 and CB each way.
    Plenty of dosh to come back and Charlton winning has made up for a miserable day on Friday.
    Many thanks for you work on this.
    Can't wait for next year !
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Nice one peanuts old son, am about 40 sheets up - also had a fiver e/w on Rare Bob. Shame about not getting paid on Swing Bill, but don't want to be too greedy now.

Now, who shall we bet on for next year?
    ;-)

Nice one Off_It - always happy to oblige a regular customer and well done on Rare Bob.
    Blimey mate, I need a break!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    very well done with the Swing Bill selection Peanuts

Cheers AA,
    The weight rise is particularly favourable (relatively) to your fellow.

Indeed PM - just need Moloney to ride a proper race and not like he has previously in the GN for a place.

And therein lies the problem Peanuts. Maloney's form figures for the last five GNs are 43442 because he doesn't go for the horse 'til it's all over. Today was a classic example where CB travelled supremely but, almost as if he's riding a non stayer, he ends up, having missed the kick of the front three or four, running through beaten horses for a place.

• Options
    I was surprised T43 ran out as quickly as he did, thought he stayed all day but I suppose he was prominent for large parts of the race. Jumping the last I thought he looked nailed as the winner, didn't even notice the winner.
  • Options

Brilliant again Peanuts.

Had Swing Bill with VC at 80/1(1st 6), and also had T43 and CB each way.
    Plenty of dosh to come back and Charlton winning has made up for a miserable day on Friday.
    Many thanks for you work on this.
    Can't wait for next year !

Cheers Phil,
    Very pleased you had the 6th place for Bill. I saw our mutual friend on TV after the race - looked like he'd had a good afternoon! I'm sure the owner's are a bit rueful but delighted with their horse. No disgrace in defeat.
    As you say, a good day all round today. Shame that it didn't go T-Ds way in the big one but it was a big ask for the Commander and I reckon the Major needs 8 miles!
  • Options
    150 smackeroonies for me. Cheers pm
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks Peanuts!! Your insightful advice got me 120 squid today! £20 e/w on Tea For Three and £5 e/w on Cappa Bleu! Coupled with Charlton winning it's been a great day! If I ever meet you I must buy you a drink.
  • Options

very well done with the Swing Bill selection Peanuts

Cheers AA,
    The weight rise is particularly favourable (relatively) to your fellow.

Indeed PM - just need Moloney to ride a proper race and not like he has previously in the GN for a place.

And therein lies the problem Peanuts. Maloney's form figures for the last five GNs are 43442 because he doesn't go for the horse 'til it's all over. Today was a classic example where CB travelled supremely but, almost as if he's riding a non stayer, he ends up, having missed the kick of the front three or four, running through beaten horses for a place.

Much appreciated AA,
    As you've sussed, I'm probably even more chuffed with Bill as with the 2nd & 3rd though obviously very pleased they collectively brought home a reasonable amount of bacon.
    I absolutely know where you're coming from about Moloney (nobody would have been watching him as closely as you in all those runs). For my "modelling" purposes I'll be taking a close look at the race tomorrow to see what happened to a number of them and will be interested to see how it went for CB. But I have to say I have a lot of respect (as I'm sure you'd agree) for a jock that gets them round to be placed year after year. A lot of people were questioning CB's jumping (not me I hasten to add) beforehand. Shoulda, woulda, coulda's are always difficult in a race as chaotic at times as the GN and TBH I can't see he would have held off that winner today even if he had been ridden more assertively. But who knows?
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips Peanuts. Went for all of yours 2.50 e/w with 6 places, plus the Missus went for Oscar time at 80/1. 55 quid down between us, 125 back and a late Addicks winner to boot - luverly-jubberly!
  • Options
    Well done Peanuts I doubled my money as only had 5 places for Swing Bill, I'm happy with that. If none of your tips had placed it would have been no worries for me, but fair play to you, to have the belief in your system/model to put it up to so many people.
  • Options
    Thanks Peanuts! Great thread! ... Looking forward to next year!
  • Options
    Took 100/1 6 places on Swing Bill, cheers PM!
  • Options
    Pissed but I think I have some money coming. The Charlton / Cappa Bleu double faiiled !
  • Options
    Thanks Peanut, had a rather nice win thanks to Swing Bill e/w with BetVictor!
  • Options
    Anyone else not been paid out by Victor?
  • Options
    Great job PM. Not only did your tips work fantastically but your betting advice meant I end the day £50 up. Delighted and my 5 month old has another chunk in his college fund.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:

I have. Got paid out a while ago
  • Options

CAFCsayer said:

I have. Got paid out a while ago
    Yep, haven't withdrawn the winnings yet but it's in my account.
  • Options
    calydon_road
    boom
    smiffyboy
    shine166
    allez les addicks
    O-Randy-Hunt
    nth london addick
    GRAY9
    cafcadam
    4 bowman
    creepyaddick
    alan dugdale (you ARE the man!)
    Curb_It
    WSS
    Lincsaddick
    North Lower Neil
    northstandsteve
    AFKABartram
    Off_It
    Valiantphil
    Addick Addict
    GreenWithEnvy
    Exiled_Addick
    Numbers
    Len\'s_little_girl
    CAFCsayer
    SotonAddick
    Athletico Charlton

and anyone I've accidentally left out.

Many thanks for your kind comments and for having the confidence to go with some or all of my selections, in many cases supplementing some even more astute ones of your own, for which many congrats.

Delighted to share the conclusions of my model on here every year with such an appreciative audience. Hope we can make it another successful one year next time.......hopefully including the winner!

In the meantime...........COYR.
  • Options
    Mate, it's you who deserve all the thanks.

Now then , how about coming up with another model for The Derby?

;-)
  • Options
    LOL......................after the debacle at Fairyhouse I reckon 3.5 miles is too short for me...........a man's got to know his limitations.
  • Options
    PM, I went with all of your selections again (and Chicago Grey for obvious reasons) - only sad thing is that this thread will be going into hibernation for 9 months.

Thanks once again.
  • Options
    Cheers CA,
    A lot of shrewdies fancied CG. Quite a while since an Irish winner now, yet in some ways it was an "old-GN" result. Only 1 of first 11 home carried 11.00+.
    I said a few days back that the half neutering of the compression of the weights (caused by the withdrawals) and missed preps of many fancied runners lead me to think the chances for outsiders were relatively good - just annoyed I missed the one that hit the jackpot.
    I'll post a review in the next few days after chewing it over and putting the stats of the winner under the microscope......I'll get the bu&&er next time!
    All the best.
  • Options
    Thank you Mr Molloy .

This is the second time i have listened to your wise words and won.

Several beers need tp be aimed in your direction
  • Options
    Thanks Peanuts!

My little girl stuck some dosh on Swing Bill for me with Victor and I think she did him and the rest of your tips herself too!

• Options
    Missed out on betvictor. What a plonker. Still broken even though. Next year is the one!