Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official 2013 Grand National Thread

Comments

• Options
    Cheers chaps,
    2nd for the 3rd year running but we were well behind the winner so no complaints (from me!). Delighted to find 3 of the first 6, that the 2 Welsh boys did themselves justice and, especially, that Swing Bill justified my model's rating (more or less) - the lone voice of support in the wilderness.
    Will give a more detailed review later.
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited April 2013
    How do you feel about the ride on Cappa Bleu? He used to do it on state of play too, leave it well too late when the horse is clearly full of running still
  • Options
    Yeahhhh 3pts. Great stuff.
    I know he does it year after year but I think Moloney does well to get them into a rhythm early. Don't know if he got into trouble this time (which is always the danger) but you want the jock to ride in the style most suiting the horse. He would have won if there hadn't been a lightly-weighted long-shot bolting up. No complaints from me but I'd like to review the race in more detail when I get the chance.
  • Options
    Your top man peanut

I Don't think I will get many pennies back but you made the day more enjoyable with your picks

Let my daughter pick the horses for all the other races

So far

3rd x 3
    2nd x1

Two to go still
  • Options
    Best news of all. Seems like all 40 horses returned safe and (hopefully) sound. I think all 40 got over Bechers which (if so) is amazing.
  • Options
    Quick question regarding winnings

i had rarebob at 22-1 E/W with paddy power who were paying up to 5th place i put a £2.00 EW single (£4.00) on anybody know how much i will have won?
  • Options
    5 of the first 11 PM with your selections?
  • Options
    BR3Addick said:

Quick question regarding winnings

i had rarebob at 22-1 E/W with paddy power who were paying up to 5th place i put a £2.00 EW single (£4.00) on anybody know how much i will have won?

You should get back £11 (being 2x22/4) plus £2 stake = £13
  • Options
    What do you reckon that horse is worth now, having won the national? Harvey |Smith said they only paid £9,000 for it!
  • Options
    cheers peanuts
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thank peanuts just waiting for bet victor to pay out, Happy times you should start charging lol
  • Options
    Can anybody get on to bet victor? Reckon you've sent it into meltdown peanut.
  • Options
    yeah cheers PM I gave my old womans mate Cappa Bleu & T43 on your knowledge, don't know what she put on them though
  • Options
    GRAY9 said:

5 of the first 11 PM with your selections?

Blimey, the team done good, even "slow as a hearse" Tarquinius (will have to work out the time-adjusted ground for the new distance but seemed to the naked eye not to be as fast as last year - thankfully).

Cappa Bleu 2nd
    T43 3rd
    Swing Bill 6th
    Tarquinius 8th
    Major Malarkey 11th
    Join Together 12th

Will take some figuring out where the winner came from (stats-wise) but pretty happy with the general workings of the model.
  • Options
    Only link i can see is the 2nd in the Scottish National
  • Options
    What a day. 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th all 2.50 each way plus &420 on the tricast as I did it for 5p. Then I find out we win in the last minute !!

Thank you Peanuts for the 2nd and 3rd.
  • Options
    Thanks Peanuts. You are the man!!
  • Options
    £85 in the betfair account. Cheers PM!
  • Options
    JT said:

Only link i can see is the 2nd in the Scottish National

Been shocking in 7 races since, including an F and UR. Obviously relishes the better ground but may be scratching my head for a while on this one.
  • Options
    Damn it, got a splinter!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Many thanks to all you chaps (and ladies if applicable) for your confidence.
    Sorry we didn't hit the big one but delighted that most everyone made a profit to some degree.
  • Options

Many thanks to all you chaps (and ladies if applicable) for your confidence.
    Sorry we didn't hit the big one but delighted that most everyone made a profit to some degree.

So far as I'm concerned Peanuts, making a profit is what it's all about .. cheers
  • Options

What a day. 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th all 2.50 each way plus &420 on the tricast as I did it for 5p. Then I find out we win in the last minute !!

Thank you Peanuts for the 2nd and 3rd.

You got the winner! Blimey, well done mate. What's the secret? ........and what are your lottery numbers?
  • Options
    A girl I know picked the winner because her partner's mother is Mrs Smith. May as well give up.
  • Options
    JT said:

A girl I know picked the winner because her partner's mother is Mrs Smith. May as well give up.

LOL. That's the National.
  • Options
    Why I didn't use betvictor for swingbill I'll never know,but I'll take 2 and 3 happily!
  • Options
    Cheers PM, did well with that, and the Mrs went for Oscar Time each way too so we're happy!
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Why I didn't use betvictor for swingbill I'll never know,but I'll take 2 and 3 happily!

Same here!
  • Options
    Just noticed that Corals didnt give me the 10% bonus on winning tricasts so got another £42 out of them !
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    £25 profit as did t43 and cappa bleu each way, cheers peanuts, shame swing bill didn't make 5th as I had it at 100's