Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official 2013 Grand National Thread

Comments

• Options

On the probably ground of mix of Good and Good-to-Soft only 4:

Teaforthree
    Cappa Bleu
    Swing Bill
    Major Malarkey

Strongly suggest you take 6 places for e/w (certainly for Swing Bill and Major Malarkey)

PS If by some chance the going goes Soft (Tarquinius e/w instead of Major Malarkey) - unlikely.

• Options
    Good luck with selections. Also having a extra bet on Any Currency as work for a Fx company.
  • Options
    Is there a link that shows what all the papers tipsters have chosen? Wonder how many have got some of OUR outsiders!!!!
  • Options
    Thanks Peanuts whatever the result!
  • Options
    Cheers chaps,
    On going that I expect to produce a pace equivalent to a Good ground National, I am backing [all e/w]:

TEAFORTHREE (#1 win Candidate)
    CAPPA BLEU (#2 win candidate)
    SWING BILL (100/1 BetVictor [6 places])
    JOIN TOGETHER
    MAJOR MALARKEY (125/1 with Stan James [5 places], 80/1 BetVictor [6 places])

The model rates Ballabriggs equal with Swing Bill and Join Together as strongest place candidates but, though he could run very well if he avoids trouble (they say they will hold him up more this time), I am passing him by as I don't want to dilute returns further from an all e/w book and no GN winner since Bindaree (2002) has won another race, let alone another GN. I much prefer to have the Major running for me (I was on at 150/1 with Vic).
    Best of luck.
  • Options
    for MrOneLung...from the Racing Post app...

Spotlight - Join Together
    RP Ratings - Chicago Grey
    Topspeed - Big Fella Thanks
    Postdata - Cappa Bleu
    Lambourn - Roberto Goldback
    The North - Auroras Encore
    West Country - Balthazar King
    The Times - On His Own
    Telegraph - Imperial Commander
    Guardian - Colbert Station
    Mail - Cappa Bleu. At last...a second tip!!!!!!
    Express - Cappa Bleu. It's like a bus now... ;-)
    Mirror - Imperial Commander
    Sun - Seabass
    Star - Seabass
  • Options
    Hoping to start with a winner
    13.45... Up and Go, don't think it will be caught around this track.

National..... Ballabriggs e/w.

Whatever happens, happy punting and good luck :-)
  • Options
    grand-national-guide.co.uk/grand-national-form.php

Not up to Peanuts standard, but interesting nonetheless.
  • Options
    Bets are on and now all I have to do is avoid the result "Likely Lads" style until I get home from the game....odds on that not very good tbf!
  • Options
    Been reading through all the tips and opinions here and done myself a few combi tri and forecasts.. good luck all !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gone with Peanuts full list. Win or lose, it's worth it for the enjoyment, so many thanks Peanuts.
  • Options

Peanuts lets hope your Aintree tips are better than your Irish ones were. Just glad one didn't start. LOL

You're such an ungrateful Dude Abs..... ;o)
    LOL.
    I'm confident Peanuts. Charlton win and T43 romping home,

• Options
    The day has come ... I also send my thanks to Monsieur Molloy for his excellent analyses .. Sprinter Sacre for the KG, GC and QMC
  • Options
    Cappa bleu and ballabriggs for me. 3/1 on the exchanges for cappa to place looks safe
  • Options
    There is a nice misprint in this a.m's D Telegraph .. Always Waining is listed as Always WiNNing (muppet newspaper) ... it is an omen .. £1 win for me
  • Options

There is a nice misprint in this a.m's D Telegraph .. Always Waining is listed as Always WiNNing (muppet newspaper) ... it is an omen .. £1 win for me

Lucky it's not Always Winging or Golfie would be all over it.
  • Options
    Made my picks. Bets are on. Now I'll forget about it till the football has finished.
  • Options
    Imperial Commander and Weird Al
  • Options
    Look forward to this thread every year! Hoping for a cracker. Cheers peanuts
  • Options
    Gone with Peanuts.

Big thanks to him, win or lose, fantastic thread this is every year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Peanuts I'm right behind you fella, and look forward to your analysis each year and your knowledge amazes me
  • Options
    I've followed you blindly Peanuts,and I've enjoyed pretending to know what I'm on about in front of my mates so cheers! Good luck to everyone today
  • Options
    Nothing is inevitable until it happens.
  • Options
    done my bets by yesterday.
    now doing bets for family and one that i haven't done keeps catching my eye. lost glory.
  • Options
    You're too kind chaps. Pleasure to share the fruits of my weird hobby every year. Just hope the Irish haven't blind-sided me this time - the market clearly reckons they have.
    Still, they're keeping a welcome in the hillside for the first Welsh-trained winner for over a century.
    Let's hope all 40 return home safe and sound.
    Whoever you've backed, best of luck.
  • Options
    My boss has 2 horses running so had to give them a little tickle !
  • Options
    £1 e/w on Cappa Bleu @ 12/1

£1 e/w on On His OWn @ 10/1
  • Options
    Ive gone for Sunnyhill boy @£2 e/w
  • Options
    Blimey, T43 shortened across the board this morning - 4th fav - best-price 12/1. Housewives lumping on Seabass of course.
  • Options
    How Seabass is 6/1 in places is ridiculous.

Jenkins is lovely.