Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonathan Obika?

Comments

• Options
    Stone said:

Looks a bit Leaburnesque for me despite his two goals. I hope I'm wrong if we sign him.

Not sure about that Carlo was a great target man and better in the air than on the floor whereas this lad has a better all round game and no lack of pace. Another youngster so keen to get his career underway. Sign him up CP!
  • Options
    Didn't overly impress in his only start, but in the last few weeks he has come on and looked a lot sharper and a real threat.

Would like to see him given another start, this time alongside Yann.
  • Options
    Yep we really need a forward partnership that not only link up with each other but link with midfield well too. Ricardo is to interested in himself to do this. Lets hope Yann and Obika work well together, certainly wouldnt want to get in an argument with the pair of them.
  • Options
    I said it when we signed him that the lad has promise I have seen him play in the younger squads at spurs because they play 5 mins from my house and I have some pals that coach up there all say the same nor a prem player yet but could be

He has a lot more in his locker than we have seen
  • Options
    Thought he was good at Cardiff aswell, did well to set up Kerkar at Barnslehhh too
  • Options
    Spurs are lacking strikers .. the more success he has with us, the more likely they are to keep him .. and young Rose at Sunderland ? .. he really has come good as well in a new position
  • Options
    Anyone know the YouTube link to his song?
  • Options
    Bubble said:

Anyone know the YouTube link to his song?

http://www.mobypicture.com/user/GlennSoutham/view/14905585
  • Options
    Oh dear how embarrassing
  • Options
    PLAAYER YOU PLUM
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Oh dear how embarrassing

I cant view at work but if its what WSS posted on yotube, not emabarassing at all its quality!

• Options
    Don't forget that his first match was an awful, tactical mess. He played as one of three strikers and we lumped the ball forward aimlessly for 90 mins. He is clearly more suited to a more measured approach and seems to have a bit of pace, a decent shot and can head. He offers similar attributes to those of Haynes and crucially, he actually seems a threat in the penalty area....whereas Fuller doesn't (most of his good work is done outside the box). I'd be pretty surprised if he doesn't make it as a player...especially given his good attitude.
  • Options
    Obika has done well for us.
    Two decent goals, from the little that we've seen of him it appears that he has a knack of moving defenders out of position , also his attitude is spot on.
    We could do well to get him for a full season next year
  • Options
    yep get him but get rid of those pricks on the train
  • Options
    So much anger
  • Options
    Jarman said:

Obika has done well for us.
    Two decent goals, from the little that we've seen of him it appears that he has a knack of moving defenders out of position , also his attitude is spot on.
    We could do well to get him for a full season next year

I agree. I wouldn't bet on him being a lethal goal scoring machine, though he would chip in with a few if his current form is typical, but would stretch defences and annoy defenders, which would let the likes of Kermorgant, Jackson, Harriot or even Stephens start pinging in goals.
  • Options
    I loved the singing of Obi Obi Obi ka on Saturday.The you tube video made me laugh also.
  • Options

Need to lighten up mate its quite catchy and just people having a laugh, god i know its Monday but who rattled your cage
  • Options

Need to lighten up mate its quite catchy and just people having a laugh, god i know its Monday but who rattled your cage
    shame you don't get it never mind

• Sponsored links:

• Options

in fairness, he's not to know they are your pals acquaintancies

• Options

in fairness, he's not to know they are your pals acquaintancies

Oh sorry Northstand, as AFKA says i didnt realise i thought you were being serious :) Cheers AFKA

• Options
    edited April 2013
    say no to cliques!

(free hugs here)... ;~)
  • Options
    he's saying all the right things that Spurs want to hear, but he's nowhere near their first team.....a season long loan with us will do just fine
  • Options
    He also uses 'they' when talking about us in that latest article. He maybe disappointed though when Spurs sign a couple in the close season and want a move. Hopefully to us. If Spurs really wanted him they would have put him on a long contract. I think they want to ensure that there is a good sell on clause in case he makes the grade.

Maybe he will realise that sometimes a club is just lucky for you, and if you are happier to play than watch, a move is good. He has hardly set the Thames alight in his various moves, but few clubs at this level have the team work ethic that we do. A decent striker will get a hat full next year - and it could be him.

If he had the brains he would be knocking on SCP door asking to sign!
  • Options
    It's unlikely that Obika will be with us next season mores the pity.
  • Options
    I can't see him playing in the Spurs team. He'd be a sub with us!
  • Options

I can't see him playing in the Spurs team. He'd be a sub with us!

Why? I think he will prove to be better than Danny Haynes - and remain available for longer! Fuller has done a job this year but Obika would improve the squad and would play when we are 4-4-2, and be on the bench when we are 4-5-1.

Would like him to sign.

• Options
    Let's see what he can do when he starts a game before we get too carried away. Coming on for the last ten minutes against tired defenders is a lot different to putting in the hard graft over 90 as Kermo does each week.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!