Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonathan Obika?

Comments

• Options
    I like him. Would improve us.
  • Options
    Charlton looking to sign Obika
    Charlton Athletic manager Chris Powell has reaffirmed his desire to sign Tottenham striker Jon Obika.

Obika, 22, spent the second half of last season on loan at The Valley, scoring three goals in ten games as the Addicks just missed out on the play-offs.

Amidst a tight budget for the Championship side, Athletic will be hoping they can secure his services on another loan deal.

Powell is looking to bolster his attacking options after his side have only scored one goal in two league games this season.

He said: "He is someone we have looked at and will continue to monitor."

http://www.teamtalk.com/championship/8867146/Charlton-continue-chase-to-sign-stiker-Jon-Obika-from-Tottenham
  • Options
    I like Obika, but I think right now we need to concentrate on getting in decent midfielders. If both, fantastic.
  • Options
    Lifted from the Newshopper. Nothing new to see here, move on please.
  • Options
    On Sky Sports today too
  • Options

I like Obika, but I think right now we need to concentrate on getting in decent midfielders. If both, fantastic.

Agree with this, I think Sordell, Church and Yann will score goals if we can create chances which is where we need reinforcements...centre midfield and right sided player needed.
  • Options
    No point getting another striker in if we haven't got any midfielders to give them service
  • Options

No point getting another striker in if we haven't got any midfielders to give them service

I think I can see Pigott going out on loan to get some game time, still needs developing.

• Options
    So want this to happen.
    Rate him very highly and would have him straight in the team partnering Yann.
    Cut above what we have at the moment IMO.
  • Options
    Sign him up!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think he was Powells top target but with no money it couldn't happen.
  • Options
    SOS Obika
  • Options
    He could be in Spurs squad for the Capital cup
  • Options

He could be in Spurs squad for the Capital cup

Possibly. AVB said no one who played on Sunday will be involved on Tuesday so he'll be playing the fringe members of the squad. I'm hoping Harry Kane is actually going to get a rare start. Obika may be on the bench.

• Options
    Creative midfielder is a priority surely.
  • Options
    How many points did he get us at the end of last season?
  • Options

Alternative for Yann if he's out much longer surely. Would also like to see how Cousins does in CM, it's clear he'd offer something different to what we already have.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Alternative for Yann if he's out much longer surely. Would also like to see how Cousins does in CM, it's clear he'd offer something different to what we already have.
    Or Gower?

Definitely need cover for Yann IF he's going to be out for much longer, our play is pretty one dimensional, with everything going through a strong target man.
  • Options
    What's the point having forwards if we're not creating chances for them? How many shots on target did we have at home Saturday?
  • Options
    I think a signing Sordell was the clearest signal ever that Obika won't be coming. I'd love to be wrong, but it's time to move on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not playing for Spurs or even on the bench in the Carling Cup.Harry Kane starts for them.
  • Options
    Coming in on loan tomorrow

PLEASE let this be true !!!!
  • Options
    Let's hope so Fanny
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Would be brilliant to have him back.

• Options
    Where did you hear that fanny
  • Options

Coming in on loan tomorrow

PLEASE let this be true !!!!

Wishful thinking Fanny? Or a little gem of info?
  • Options

What is the date that will maximise the amount of games he can play?

I calculate that if we signed him (or any other player) before the Burnley game then he would not be available for the Wendies on the 29th December or the Tractors away on New Year's Day,whereas if we hold off until next Monday he could.

I understand that this is why many clubs have been reluctant to loan players so far in the temporary window.
  • Options
    Lets move on and concentrate on what we have, this everlasting rumour is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I am a fan of Obika - applied himself well last season and a model professional by all accounts. Had heard earlier this season we were trying to get him back and I hope this is true!!
  • Options
    As with most of my posts again i see money being the biggest issue we just dont have the money for him and Brighton do if he goes on loan thats where he will go
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!