Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonathan Obika?

123457»

Comments

• Options
    I remember him being average briefly at first then upping his game and confidently scoring crucial goals.

Unless we have got someone better lined up, I wish he would've come back here.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

I wouldn't get too excited or disappointed about Obika. He was thrown on for the last ten minutes and stood in the right place to nod it in to the onion bag. Despite his credentials, I'm not convinced he'd be any good for us. Remember Marvin Sordell?

LOL I think knowing the "right place" to stand is a key skill for a striker even if that was all there is to his game, which it isn't.

Brighton took him for a reason. Let's see how well he does for them.
    Who are Brighton? 3-2, dear boy.
    They're one of the 18 teams above us in the league, old chap. 7th and scored more goals than us.
  • Options

Pretty pleased about this to be honest. Am sick of hearing about him. I remember him being pretty average and scoring a couple of late goals. Another one who is viewed with rose coloured glasses.

70% rate him, 30% would like to see a bit more to be sure. He'd go straight in the team if we had him though. Then again, I'm pretty sure I'd rather see his Obika's nan's 2 days a month Eastern European cleaner than Church up front

• Options

Pretty pleased about this to be honest. Am sick of hearing about him. I remember him being pretty average and scoring a couple of late goals. Another one who is viewed with rose coloured glasses.

70% rate him, 30% would like to see a bit more to be sure. He'd go straight in the team if we had him though. Then again, I'm pretty sure I'd rather see his Obika's nan's 2 days a month Eastern European cleaner than Church up front

Does he play for Standard Liege?
  • Options
    She
  • Options
    Obika scores, must have got lucky and been in the right place.
  • Options

Humble pie required?
  • Options
    WSA said:

Humble pie required?
    Based on todays goal?
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

WSA said:

Humble pie required?
    Based on todays goal?
    ...and two assists on Tuesday!
  • Options
    Signed back on loan until the end of the season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really?
  • Options
    Use the one pinned at the top of the forum please, ta

(though interesting to see my Obika / Church quote again!)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!