Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonathan Obika?

Comments

• Options
    I liked Obika, but does CP share this, how many games did he start for us last season? If we get him in on loan (wasn't he coming today?), will he be just another Sordell, when we actually have him here?
  • Options
    I'm guessing we could now sign him on a 93 day emergency loan - and we'd have him into the new year and the start of the January window? Finances, etc. permitting.
  • Options
    Would give the squad a lift?
  • Options

Would give the squad a lift?

The only thing that is going to give the squad a lift is a few new contracts waved under their noses! Until that happens I don't think we will see any upturn in fortunes. Appears to be the key problem with players morale at the moment IMO.
  • Options
    I reallu hope we get him.....if not for his football, for his song.
  • Options
    Don't think he would add too much to what we already have. Best we work with what we have got. Sordell, Church and Yann are three very useful Championship players if they are used properly and are on top of their game
  • Options

SCP said he was injured when asked about Obika last week in his interview.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

SCP said he was injured when asked about Obika last week in his interview.

Well if Yann limping off on Saturday is a sign of a further lay off for him then maybe we do need the cover, although recalling Smith from Wimbledon is the cheaper option and therefore the one the board will likely take.

• Options
    Fair point Greenhithe , it MIGHT give the FANS a lift , although as other have alluded to we still need to sort out midfield.
  • Options
    On the Spurs bench against arsenal tonight
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

On the Spurs bench against arsenal tonight

And stayed there.....

Can he not sign pre agreement as he is out of contract soon?

The Iranian sounds the real deal though.
  • Options
    I heard that neither Spuds nor his agent would let him come to CAFC as he spent most of his time last term getting splinters in his ass! But then again who knows?
  • Options
    How the ruck would u know
  • Options
    Not Obika related but www.transfermarkt.co.uk has Liege's goalkeeper Yohann Thuram listed on our squad page, they did have Osturk but it was removed and replaced with Thuram, anything in this?
  • Options
    Scored 6 against us in a 10-6 victory apparently in u21s
  • Options
    Sign him up powelly!
  • Options
    Some experts on here don't rate the lad; don't believe he's better than what we've got.
    Hmmm.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Three month loan to Brighton
  • Options
    Damn
  • Options
    Was a target when we were potless, so not sure whether he still was. I thought he did ok when he was here but I'm not devastated that he's gone on loan elsewhere for now. Perhaps we'll return for him when he's a freebie in the summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    “Jonathan is someone we have been aware of for some time – because Nathan Jones has worked closely with him in the past at Yeovil and Charlton."

Oscar Garcia - Brighton manager
  • Options
    I wouldn't get too excited or disappointed about Obika. He was thrown on for the last ten minutes and stood in the right place to nod it in to the onion bag. Despite his credentials, I'm not convinced he'd be any good for us. Remember Marvin Sordell?
  • Options
    Pretty pleased about this to be honest. Am sick of hearing about him. I remember him being pretty average and scoring a couple of late goals. Another one who is viewed with rose coloured glasses.
  • Options

I wouldn't get too excited or disappointed about Obika. He was thrown on for the last ten minutes and stood in the right place to nod it in to the onion bag. Despite his credentials, I'm not convinced he'd be any good for us. Remember Marvin Sordell?

LOL I think knowing the "right place" to stand is a key skill for a striker even if that was all there is to his game, which it isn't.

Brighton took him for a reason. Let's see how well he does for them.
  • Options

Pretty pleased about this to be honest. Am sick of hearing about him. I remember him being pretty average and scoring a couple of late goals. Another one who is viewed with rose coloured glasses.

Late, match-winning goals though.

• Options
    Disappointed that I won't be able to sing the Obika song, but other than that I think the jury is / was out as he was not seen suitable to hold down a starting place, for me a loanee, if they join should be an automatic starter and if they are not then they are not suitable to be a loanee, unless they are development loanees like Matt Fry.
  • Options

LOL I think knowing the "right place" to stand is a key skill for a striker even if that was all there is to his game, which it isn't.

Who are Brighton? 3-2, dear boy.
  • Options

Clem_SnideClem_Snide Member

6:33PM

I would prefer to use the phrase "matter of personal opinion". For what it is worth, I thought he was quick, he closed down and harried opposing centre half's more effectively than anyone we currently have; and scored a couple of goals. Worth another punt.
  • Options
    If people can't see that Obika is a proper footballer, unlike one or two we currently have vying for a staring berth in attack, there really is no hope for them.

• Options
    edited January 2014

Obliquely, Henry - I remember Leaburn being "in the right place" at Sell-Out Park against Oxford when a corner came fizzing across and it would have ricocheted off his bonce in to the net - but he ducked and it went out for a throw-in! This is the only time I ever saw the home end erupt in laughter.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!