Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton sign Jonathan Obika on loan (old thread, signed for Swindon)

Comments

• Options
    Underwhelmed to say the least.When we could have had Phillips or Hulse or Dobbie, we get....... Obika.
    Great. So pleased.
  • Options
    Never seen the kid play but like others have said if SCP thinks he's worth having around then that'll do me. He could shine or he could sink. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

• Options

Underwhelmed to say the least.When we could have had Phillips or Hulse or Dobbie, we get....... Obika.
    Great. So pleased.

What specifically don't you like about his playing style?
  • Options
    Written off already by the know nothing shit for brains powell is a clown brigade.

We'll see.
  • Options
    Obika - 4 goals and 27 appearances for Yeovil last season, no thanks
  • Options
    Already got him Disco, sorry.

He's got two goals in two games in which he's played involving us. Let's see if he can keep up that one goal per game ratio!
  • Options
    edited February 2013

Great. So pleased.

What specifically don't you like about his playing style?
    Dunno. Yeah,maybe i'm writing him off before giving him a chance. Maybe i was just going on the 2 games i saw him play in and the word that springs to mind is........... more pony than donkey.
  • Options
    Could be promising but can only see him playing if injuries occur. Kermorgant and Haynes have to be the priority choices with the goals on Tuesday. After that, Fuller is quite unlucky to not be playing and has extra quality.
  • Options
    Alan Kernaghan
    David Whyte
    Yann Kermorgant
    John Robinson
    Michael Morrison

A sample of former Addicks people expected nothing from. All of whom turned out pretty well for us. Lets give our manager and his coaching staff the benefit of the doubt

And let's allow the player to actually kick a fucking football in anger before we write him off as the next Barry Endean

Some of you need to get a grip! We have no money and just picked up a Tottenham U21 player who is scoring freely in a reserve league. What's the worst that can happen?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Written off already by the know nothing shit for brains powell is a clown brigade.

We'll see.

Maybe sometimes, the 'know nothing shit for brains' brigade might actually be right ??!!
    Then again, maybe that might not be accepted amongst the 'know everything,big mouth, but puny brains' reich. ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Off_it said:

We'll see.

Maybe sometimes, the 'know nothing shit for brains' brigade might actually be right ??!!
    Then again, maybe that might not be accepted amongst the 'know everything,big mouth, but puny brains' reich. ?
    You're right, of course. The fella has been shit for us since he joined. Not one goal. Not even a decent run into the box. He hasn't looked like scoring.

I judge by what I see. Not by what I've read or overheard.
  • Options
    Think some folk have got their periods.
  • Options
    this is all very good but what number shirt will he have?
  • Options
    "The single worst loan signing i've seen us take on" - Palarse mate
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

He's hardly going to big up a player who's just signed for a club he probably 'doesn't care about'.
    Mind you, I think spending any time at that shitehawk club would rob you of your mojo and expose your inadequacies. Just look at their soppy twat followers.
  • Options

this is all very good but what number shirt will he have?

26. Not kidding, the first things I thought when we signed him were, "Good signing, could be quite useful. What's his shirt number?" lol.

On a serious note, I really hope he proves some people wrong on here and does really well for us. To score 15 goals at U21 development league, the level above us, is good going. If say, Smith scored that many for our U21 team, I'm sure people would be making a case to see him included in the first team. Give the boy a chance and support him like he really is one of our own. Can only do us and the player good.

Welcome Obika.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

And he played a grand total of 7 games.
    Would rather get the opinion of the Yeovil fans.
  • Options
    Scott Sinclair played less for us and we all thought he was guff.
  • Options
    My pal is a lifelong Yeovil fan btw, he says "Yeah, good player. Definitely more of a support player than an out and out goalscorer though".
  • Options
    Give the guy a chance people! If he comes off the bench to score the winner tomorrow there'll have to be some big slices of humble pie eaten on here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll always assosiate the name Jonathan Obika with me being absolutely drenched because he scored Yeovil's goal that day in November 2009 when it absolutely lashed it down on that terrace.
  • Options

I'll always assosiate the name Jonathan Obika with me being absolutely drenched because he scored Yeovil's goal that day in November 2009 when it absolutely lashed it down on that terrace.

One of my most favourite away days/weekends ever. Great laugh.

• Options
    edited February 2013

Scott Sinclair played less for us and we all thought he was guff.

He was crap. Worse than N'Guessan. Nuff said.
  • Options
    Hope the lad does well for us , and enjoys his time with us , maybe its not a bad thing if he comes here with a point to prove , if he comes off the bench tomorrow and grabs the winner , then maybe a few might change their tune , lets give him the benefit of the doubt , if he pulls on a charlton shirt then we must support him.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Alan Kernaghan
    David Whyte
    Yann Kermorgant
    John Robinson
    Michael Morrison

A sample of former Addicks people expected nothing from. All of whom turned out pretty well for us. Lets give our manager and his coaching staff the benefit of the doubt

And let's allow the player to actually kick a fucking football in anger before we write him off as the next Barry Endean

Some of you need to get a grip! We have no money and just picked up a Tottenham U21 player who is scoring freely in a reserve league. What's the worst that can happen?

Not sure they are good examples, most of them were players we were either happy to sign or had no strong opinion about? You can easy provide a list of clunkers - the majority of our loan signings from 2008-2011 were flops, many seemed odd loanees at the time, and such doubts were proved correct.

I'm happy to give the guy a chance, but aren't sure of the logic of bringing in loan players who are clearly there to make up the numbers. Successful loan signings are either needed to fill a vacancy (e,g, because of injury) or are players who are a cut above what you have already, Jorge Costa and Alex Song being good examples (or Defoe when he went to Bournemouth)
  • Options
    Good as signing i think! Seemed decent for yeovil that i can remember!welcome jonathan
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Its what players/managers do at Charlton that matters to me , so hopefully the fella will be a success but if he is brilliant with us and shit for the rest of his career then I'll be happy but if he is shit with us and then goes on to win the world cup 3 times then I'd be disappointed ....
    Good luck o b 1 ka no bi
  • Options
    Can see this fella having a similar impact as Eggert Jonsson. Would have preferred Powell took a 'look at' azeez.
  • Options

Can see this fella having a similar impact as Eggert Jonsson. Would have preferred Powell took a 'look at' azeez.

Exactly my point - Powell's loan signings have been brilliant this season so far havnt they?.........the best amongst them being Egghead,Frimpong,Seaborne(what a cracker of a game he had v Ipswich).
    I've watched big O a couple of times and, as i mentioned before, both times he was total Pony.And then i see the quality of loanees that other clubs bring in.
    Good luck to him, but i aint holding out much hope tbh.
  • Options
    Welcome jonathan

Lets hope he fits in and we can each help the other reach best potential.

Could learn a lot from haynes. Seems a cute powell move the swap and economical for the club no doubt . Thanks bradley good luck at brentford
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!