Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton sign Jonathan Obika on loan (old thread, signed for Swindon)

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Anonymous last season; failed to impose himself on the game. With Duchatelet, we should expect stronger players than Obika.
  • Options
    I was underwhelmed when we first got him in on loan, as I think he's L1 standard. I tipped my hat to him for coming up with some crucial goals for us.

The second loan brought out hope, rather than exprectation, but all he managed to do was prove my initial reaction to be right, L1 player.................
  • Options
    There is a player in there getting it out is proving harder than most anticipated

I have watched obika for a long while at spuds training ground and speak to their coaches it's a surprise to all he hadn't progressed
  • Options

Essex_Al said:

I'd prefer Obika to Church any day!

That doesn't mean we need both!
    He didn't say we will have both ? He I'd saying he would prefer him ..
  • Options
    In terms of time on the pitch, he probably played the equivalent of less than three games for us last season, I think it's pretty difficult to judge him on that basis.
    His best game for us (that I witnessed) was the Bristol City 4-1 victory at the end of the season before last when he'd previously had some game time and scored some goals-he looked a proper striker that day.
    On a free I would be happy if we signed him because, as pointed out by NLA, there is a good player in there and a run of games would prove that IMHO.
  • Options
    Yes why not, I'd have him back, but on a perm. I think JO is the type of player that needs to feel loved. And a perm move to us would be the metaphorical arm round his shoulder.
  • Options

Essex_Al said:

I'd prefer Obika to Church any day!

That doesn't mean we need both!
    He didn't say we will have both ? He I'd saying he would prefer him ..
    I was joking. and he got it!
  • Options

Sorry but he does not qualify as a Charlton signing because:

a. He is not from Belgium.
    b. We have heard of him.
  • Options
    Every time I see the thread title, I'm thinking we've signed him yet again!

• Options
    Everytime i see this thread it makes me hungry http://obika.com/portal/GB/en/home/ rather have pizza than jon back
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sorry but he does not qualify as a Charlton signing because:

a. He is not from Belgium.
    b. We have heard of him.

c. has a pronounceable name
  • Options
    Want him back just for the song!
  • Options
    Obika has finally left Spurs and signed a 2 year deal at Swindon for 200k
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!