Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton sign Jonathan Obika on loan (old thread, signed for Swindon)

Comments

• Options
    What with Yanns potential 3 game ban , could look to be an inspired signing....
  • Options
    HandG said:

Scott Sinclair played less for us and we all thought he was guff.

Scott Sinclair made three substitute appearances, at least one of which would have been away from home - I wouldn't have thought too many formed an opinion on him. I know I didn't........
    Please, all I hear is how poor he was. Someone put him as their worst EVER loan signing on the loan signings thread!
  • Options

Man of the match. One touch and it went to a red shirt. : - )

But with Yann missing for three games can the moaners now see why we needed another striker in on loan?

Would rather have had a midfield loan.
  • Options
    Can someone tell me if Obika is left or right footed ? He came on today but only headed the ball.
  • Options

Look, he had his chance and he blew it.

• Options

HandG said:

Scott Sinclair played less for us and we all thought he was guff.

Scott Sinclair made three substitute appearances, at least one of which would have been away from home - I wouldn't have thought too many formed an opinion on him. I know I didn't........
    Please, all I hear is how poor he was. Someone put him as their worst EVER loan signing on the loan signings thread!
    I reckon that anyone who judges a player after three sub appearances is smelly.

• Options
    Goodness me, all questions have been answered with this marquee signing.
  • Options

ozaddick said:

Can see this fella having a similar impact as Eggert Jonsson. Would have preferred Powell took a 'look at' azeez.

Exactly my point - Powell's loan signings have been brilliant this season so far havnt they?.........the best amongst them being Egghead,Frimpong,Seaborne(what a cracker of a game he had v Ipswich).
    I've watched big O a couple of times and, as i mentioned before, both times he was total Pony.And then i see the quality of loanees that other clubs bring in.
    Good luck to him, but i aint holding out much hope tbh.
    Powell's loan signings last year were spot on an added something when we needed it.
    Name them.

( i'm NOT having a pop, just want to try to get a balanced view in my own mind)

I would say n'guessan, cook, cort (on loan initially) and ephraim all played a part in our success last season. Didn't pull up trees but covered where we had gaps.
    I wouldn't say cook as much but the others defiantly did.

• Options
    vff said:

Can someone tell me if Obika is left or right footed ? He came on today but only headed the ball.

Not having a go at the player. He was only on for a couple of mins. He looked quick and strong enough. He went to the left side of the pitch, so he's left footed ?

• Options
    Was going to use my thread I started last season but it was closed so if Admin want to change the title of this as I dont want to misslead anyone:

From Sky Sports Transfer Centre

A number of Championship and League One sides are chasing Tottenham's Jonathan Obika. The likes of Charlton, Doncaster Rovers, Barnsley and Bristol City are all tracking the versatile forward.

Would not be to keen to see him back, he failed to impress when he did play last season, for Brighton and for us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah fraid he had a good first year with us but after the second year maybe not... Its hard to say as none of our Strikers did great last season because the service wasnt brilliant
  • Options
    please no, he is useless and he runs funny.
  • Options
    I think he would show us the talent he displayed under Powell if we had a Yann style partner for him.

Yann said at the time that Obika was his preferred partner compared with Fuller and Haynes, then there was that interview where Obika thanked Yann for helping him through his loan spell and teaching him quite a bit.

Without that assistance and that dominant support for him, I fear he was a little lost. As we don't have that kind of partner I think he would be best elsewhere unfortunately.

A shame as I really liked the guy. Seemed like a genuine guy with some potential, what's more he didn't play like a loanee.
  • Options
    No ta
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Obika did look a little lost in a team that went long periods creating few chances.

I'm sure Obika would be effective in tandem with the right striking partner, creative midfielders and playing style to suit his game.

• Options
    A number of Championship and League One sides are chasing Tottenham's Jonathan Obika. The likes of Charlton, Doncaster Rovers, Barnsley and Bristol City are all tracking the versatile forward.
    That list of clubs suggests his level, lower Championship and upper L1...
  • Options
    Don't think we need him with the strikers we've got at the moment. That might change if any leave. We clearly do need at least one target man though.
  • Options
    I'd prefer Obika to Church any day!
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

That doesn't mean we need both!
  • Options
    not good enough. move on
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd have him back. Did well in hist first spell with good service and an effective strike partner in Yann. He didn't have either of those last season.
  • Options

Essex_Al said:

That doesn't mean we need both!
    Very true! lol
  • Options
    For a guy who runs as if he's riding an imaginary bicycle, he does score a few doesn't he? But deffo not for us...
  • Options

For a guy who runs as if he's riding an imaginary bicycle, he does score a few doesn't he? But deffo not for us...

On your bike, O'biker.

• Options
    I'm really surprised we keep extending his contract. No where near the first team, clearly not going to get in the first team yet he gets a contract extension year on year.
  • Options
    must be close to a testimonial amount of years hes been at spurs...
  • Options

must be close to a testimonial amount of years hes been at spurs...

I wonder if he asked 'arry to get him out of playing for England. ;-)
  • Options
    I think he's a decent player but he just needs a run of games. If we're going to sign him, we need to play him and not just give him 10 minutes here and there.
  • Options
    I'm not sure how many times i've said this but he's not good enough. No Thank you.

If we have any ambition to do better than last season , bringing in players like Obika is not the answer.
  • Options
    do not sign, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!