Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Welling United

Comments

• Options
    Just gone 2 0 up
  • Options
    3 0
  • Options
    The Reds are going up, the Reds are going up!!
  • Options
    Salisbury 1-1 H-T
  • Options
    4-0
  • Options
    1 point still needed for promotion.
  • Options
    'Effectively' promoted today following 1-1 draw with Boreham Wood
  • Options
    Great news
  • Options

'Effectively' promoted today following 1-1 draw with Boreham Wood

They've won the title ;-)
  • Options
    Up the wings.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Be good to see them in the football league in a years to come.
  • Options
    Was talking to the Sutton United club sec today. He said everyone in the league is surprised how well Welling have done on a limited budget. Outstanding achievement he says in hindsight. Well done indeed.
  • Options
    Looking forward to their match with Lincoln next year - will likely pop along for that one with my Chimp mate.
  • Options
    I like the long term idea that if they made league 1/2 and had a full house every game they could move just down the road where their ground would inevitably be called Danson Park.
  • Options
    well done Welling. Up against clubs with much bigger budgets, like Eastleigh who pay their players over 30k.
  • Options

well done Welling. Up against clubs with much bigger budgets, like Eastleigh who pay their players over 30k.

No different to what Dartford have been up against this season and they have done more than ok.

• Options
    Well done Wings!
  • Options
    Well done Welling, just need Bromley to join the other two Kent clubs in the conference.

The same league as Chester, Luton, Cambridge, Macclesfield and perhaps Grimsby and Wrexham next season, exciting times for Dartford and Welling.
  • Options

Well done Welling, just need Bromley to join the other two Kent clubs in the conference.

The same league as Chester, Luton, Cambridge, Macclesfield and perhaps Grimsby and Wrexham next season, exciting times for Dartford and Welling.

agreed, I saw Dartford beat Grimsby away this season .. Dartford is a decent side, well organised, work hard and no little skill. Mansfield are up and only one of Grimsby, Kidderminster, Newport or Wrexham will be in the FL next season, far bigger clubs in theory than Welling or Dartford. But if DagsandRed can do it ........
  • Options
    Pleased for Welling and their fans.

Another local derby for the Darts after Ebbsfleet imploded.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Salisbury fail to beat Sutton tonight then Welling are officially champions and not effectively champions
  • Options

Welling and Bromley are in South East London.... ;)
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

I have been confused by this for a while now actually. what are they officially?
    Because they come under the london boroughs of bexley and bromley respectively, but still come under kent for things like post? Could someone clarify this please?
  • Options
    pathdw98 said:

C_A_F_C said:

I have been confused by this for a while now actually. what are they officially?
    Because they come under the london boroughs of bexley and bromley respectively, but still come under kent for things like post? Could someone clarify this please?
    They are both traditionally Kent but, to the best of my knowledge, became absorbed into "Greater London" when the Greater London Council (GLC) came into being in 1965. The whole of Middlesex is now "Greater London" too I believe.
  • Options
    Sutton 1 Salisbury 0

Now officially champions.
  • Options
    Stuff Man Utd, it's all about Welling United - the Champions of the Blue Square South - Congratulations Welling! :D
  • Options
    Bloody brilliant. I have great memories of going to PVR as a kid when cafc were away. Remember the Blackburn and reading games back in the late 80s. Players like Robbins, booker, white, handford, ransom, Reynolds, Clemence, glover, Horton, Barron, hone. That is a big big league they are going in to. Well done to the wings.
  • Options
    Superb. Well done Welling (My local local club). They deserve it after all the financial problems of the last few years.
  • Options
    Have improved as a squad for the last 3 seasons and have now got there just rewards. Final home game this Saturday where the biggest shield/trophy in British football will be presented