Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Welling United

Comments

• Options
    injured I would think
  • Options
    away to Maidstone in the 4 qualifying round of the F A Cup
  • Options

away to Maidstone in the 4 qualifying round of the F A Cup

Money earner and a fair chance to progress to next round.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Win Win game, pleased for either team that gets through, Welling for obvious reasons and Maidstone because they are kinda a second club since my family is from that area ever after my grandparents moved out of London.
  • Options
    This Saturday, Welling play at home to Southport at 5:15pm and a win will make sure they stay up and play Conference Premier football.

So if you're local and not going to Birmingham to see the Charlton game and fancy a bit of local football it might be worth popping down there, should be a great atmosphere at Park View Road!
  • Options
    Welling have done amazingly well to get where they are, they looked dead and buried 2-3 weeks ago. Think they're already safe though as i can't see Alfreton getting anything at Bristol rovers
  • Options

Welling have done amazingly well to get where they are, they looked dead and buried 2-3 weeks ago. Think they're already safe though as i can't see Alfreton getting anything at Bristol rovers

They've done really well to dig themselves out if it, hopefully they get a win on the weekend!
  • Options
    Yes, hope they can win at home on Saturday and not have to worry about Alfreton. Am not going Brum so will be popping down to watch the game.
  • Options
    Pity that Bristol Rovers conceded a late equaliser on Saturday as they're now reliant on Barnet not winning to win the league. If Barnet are 3 up at half time Rovers may take their foot off the gas. Welling are playing well though and should get a result.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

This Saturday, Welling play at home to Southport at 5:15pm and a win will make sure they stay up and play Conference Premier football.

So if you're local and not going to Birmingham to see the Charlton game and fancy a bit of local football it might be worth popping down there, should be a great atmosphere at Park View Road!

Atmosphere is not something I would associate with park view road!

• Options
    Alfreton away to Bristol Rovers. It would be an upset to see Welling go down now. I thought they were gone a couple of months ago when they put the right back in charge.
  • Options
    Most diehard Welling fans hate us; therefore, I should wish them the worst but I can't.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I've been going Welling since 1982 (when I can't go Charlton) and can tell you that is simply not true. I have never heard any anti Charlton comments.
  • Options

I've been going Welling since 1982 (when I can't go Charlton) and can tell you that is simply not true. I have never heard any anti Charlton comments.

I will concede that the word most was maybe a bit over the top; however, there are some that positively loath us.
    My niece's husband is a diehard fan and he makes no bones about his dislike for us. He asked me to join his company after one game and one of them said who gives a .... about Charlton of which they all agreed upon.
    This isn't the first time that this is happened; I obviously mix with the wrong company.
  • Options
    Oh, fair enough!
  • Options

Oh, fair enough!

It's my fault for not avoiding them there are plenty of other places i could stand.
    I do hope they survive though.
  • Options
    pettgra said:

I will concede that the word most was maybe a bit over the top; however, there are some that positively loath us.
    My niece's husband is a diehard fan and he makes no bones about his dislike for us. He asked me to join his company after one game and one of them said who gives a .... about Charlton of which they all agreed upon.
    This isn't the first time that this is happened; I obviously mix with the wrong company.
    that's 1 then ??
  • Options
    Trust me I think you'll find that Welling are very much pro Charlton....

• Options
    One of my best mates supports Welling and goes to every game... He usually runs into a group of lads who I went to school with and whenever I go I always get heaps of abuse for being a Charlton fan, I just take it as banter though and casually remind them that a lot of fans in the ground are probably also Charlton fans and if they wanted to rely on their die hard Welling supporters they probably wouldnt be as high as they are ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

This
  • Options
    Happy to see Welling survive in the Conference. I always look out for their results.

• Options
    To be honest, at the Leeds game I was probably following the text coverage on the Sky Sports App, of the Alfreton vs Welling game closer than the live event.
  • Options
    I've been going Welling the last few years all the times when Charlton are away, hope they stay up!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Always liked Welling, and used to go when I was a kid. Haven't been for many years though. In fact, last time I went was ironically v Southport in 1994 (who they're playing on Sat) when I was the 4th official.
  • Options
    Curious to know why some die-hard Welling fans would have anything against Charlton. Not exactly rivals are we?
  • Options

Curious to know why some die-hard Welling fans would have anything against Charlton. Not exactly rivals are we?

Because quite a lot are a few bricks short of a load
  • Options

There are usually a few Millwall supporters at Park View Road
  • Options

This. Never heard anything bad said about us other than a little light hearted piss taking.
  • Options

This. Never heard anything bad said about us other than a little light hearted piss taking.
    Have been away with Welling quiet a bit this season and never heard anything bad from the welling lads.

Will be popping down on saturday and hope they can get a win.