Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Welling United

Comments

• Options
    Just looking at their forum. Acworth has been banned!
  • Options
    For racism apparently. He might not be all there but the blokes a bell end.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Will be there Saturday............ Come on Wings.
  • Options
    Congratulations.
  • Options
    Might go down in Saturday as I don't think I'll be going Boro now - I assume its a 3pm k/o ?
  • Options
    3pm kick off. Looking forward to it.
  • Options
    when's the open top bus parade up Welling High St
  • Options

Out of interest, what's with the obsession with Kris Akabusi on their site?

• Options

Out of interest, what's with the obsession with Kris Akabusi on their site?

No idea.

I'll be going on Saturday too.
  • Options
    It has already been alluded to the fact that promotion may be a headache for them. Until the fixtures come out they will not have a clue as to how many fans they will be getting. If we are away their crowds will reflect that big time .Equally I wonder whether Hobbins is tempted to contact our club for a few pointers on some issues. For example advice on stewarding and other related issues. I am sure our club would only be to happy to help. I really hope for them that we do not clash, as that will be a massive bonus for Welling.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just hold the home supporters back each game and detour them around Danson Park. That should sort it.
  • Options

Just hold the home supporters back each game and detour them around Danson Park. That should sort it.

That is funny. I like it.

• Options
    The away fans are going to be given the whole of the Erith and Belvedere side of the ground. That way they get the choice of either sitting or standing. They also have a bar, a snack/tea bar and their own turnstiles. The other three sides of the ground will be for Welling fans and they will be free to move around as they please.
  • Options

The away fans are going to be given the whole of the Erith and Belvedere side of the ground. That way they get the choice of either sitting or standing. They also have a bar, a snack/tea bar and their own turnstiles. The other three sides of the ground will be for Welling fans and they will be free to move around as they please.

That makes complete sense. Cheers for that

• Options
    Can Welling put a request to the conference that they play their home games when we're away?

Obviously not on the same scale but i believe Gateshead play at home when Newcastle are away.
  • Options

Can Welling put a request to the conference that they play their home games when we're away?

Obviously not on the same scale but i believe Gateshead play at home when Newcastle are away.

They should certainly ask. It would be very remiss of them if they don't. If they get turned down, well at least they tried.

• Options

Don't let ooh ahh hear you saying that.
  • Options
    pettgra said:

They should certainly ask. It would be very remiss of them if they don't. If they get turned down, well at least they tried.

My dad used to be involved at Farnborough Town when they were in the Conference and the fixture secretary there always managed to avoid clashing with Aldershot (before they went bust and were in 3rd/4th division) so I think it should be possible especially as fixture computers are more powerful these days.
  • Options
    CatAddick said:

pettgra said:

My dad used to be involved at Farnborough Town when they were in the Conference and the fixture secretary there always managed to avoid clashing with Aldershot (before they went bust and were in 3rd/4th division) so I think it should be possible especially as fixture computers are more powerful these days.
    CatAddick said:

pettgra said:

Lets hope so. I just fear the smaller you are, the less the authorities seem to care. One thing for certain Hobbins is going to be a busy boy!
  • Options
    CatAddick said:

pettgra said:

Farnborough Town in administration with debts of 2 million. 10 point deduction for next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone else going this afternoon?
  • Options

Anyone else going this afternoon?

I will be there.

• Options
    Yes
  • Options
    1500 plus there this pm to watch get a 1-1 draw against eastleigh in amongst the hail showers.

Real ale pub for this pre seasons fixture. Snug, but a good pint. The Door Hinge.
  • Options
    Good day out, daughter actually stayed to the end, wanted to see the trophy, and get on the pitch.

• Options
    I wonder what Edgar Davids will think about Park View Road next season?
  • Options
    pathdw98 said:

Do you honestly think he'll stick around at Barnet then? I don't...................
  • Options

pathdw98 said:

Do you honestly think he'll stick around at Barnet then? I don't...................
    I genuinely don't know. He is player/manager there so how long left does he have on his playing contract?

• Options

pathdw98 said:

Maybe...

Edgar Davids insists he wants to stay on at Barnet

Barnet head coach Edgar Davids tells BBC Late Kick Off London and the South East that he wants to stay at the club despite their relegation from the Football League.

The 40-year-old former Netherlands international says he will hold talks with Bees chairman Tony Kleanthous "in the coming weeks".