Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Broadchurch - Monday's ITV

Comments

• Options
    I'm concerned that DT won't make it to the end of the series.
  • Options
    its got to be the coppers husband. been saying it for a few weeks but really started to look obvious tonight.

May have been the kid who done it though and the husband covered it up but think it was him on the beach
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Agree about the police officer's husband. The comment she made to Susan Wright about..."how can you not know what goes on under your own roof" could be telling.
  • Options
    edited April 2013

Agree about the police officer's husband. The comment she made to Susan Wright about..."how can you not know what goes on under your own roof" could be telling.

Agree, I thought at the time "that comment's going to come back and bite you on the arse"
  • Options
    Will be a bit disappointed if it is the police officer's husband. For quite a few episodes he has been the obvious 'guess'. I like to be surprised in these things.
  • Options
    I reckon this is the best guess. Got to be the husband dumping the body on the beach and him being mistaken for that gormless twat!
  • Options

I reckon this is the best guess. Got to be the husband dumping the body on the beach and him being mistaken for that gormless twat!

I meant the Dad covering for the Son!

• Options
    totally confused now but gripped still. Great programme
  • Options
    I was just pleased that Vince was alright...
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    As many have already said reckon its the coppers husband.

Could he have got the boys mum pregnant, son found out & was blackmailing him by email & bullying coppers son.

Oh well just a guess have to wait to Monday to find out!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just seen last nights.

Was so obvious as soon as she said that. Been thinking it was the husband from early on (or it could be the son and dad covering as others have said).

It does seem almost too obvious now though (but not to Miller) and I'm hoping there is a final twist (though Ms ET thinks that wouldn't happen on an ITV drama).

Whoever it is, it's been bloody good and apart from a little mid-series lull, has been very tense. Great stuff.
  • Options
    Think its been a terrific series, and didn't see the Susan/Nigel thing coming.
    Hope it ends on a high.

(Thought David Tennant did the "confession" piece to the newspaper brilliantly, nearly was tears).
  • Options
    Couldn't agree more MOG I think David Tennant is a really great actor. Still think he was the best Dr. Who ever
  • Options
    yes but where did the dead kid get all that money, must be tied in the copper's son and dad.
  • Options
    My sister's mate was involved with the production. Was chatting to her at sis's wedding last September and she told me she was heading down the following morning to start filming and that she thought it would be fantastic. She subsequently told her that this week's episode was probably the best and also how it ends. I've sworn her not to tell me!
  • Options
    Like most people I am assuming it was the husband of the police officer placing the body on the beach. However I think he was covering up the accident / murder for someone else. Likewise the boy who attempted to destroy the computer. This leads me to the conclusion that the killer is the female police officer.
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

Like most people I am assuming it was the husband of the police officer placing the body on the beach. However I think he was covering up the accident / murder for someone else. Likewise the boy who attempted to destroy the computer. This leads me to the conclusion that the killer is the female police officer.

Nice work, maybe why she told her sister to go away instead of listening to her info.
  • Options

johnny73 said:

Nice work, maybe why she told her sister to go away instead of listening to her info.
    She also expected to lead the investigation into the murder and 'appeared' to not know that her son was no longer friends with the murdered boy. Also Hardy (Tennant) didn't tell her he already had the damaged computer.

• Options
    It's all a bit fishy
  • Options
    Just had a quick look back through the thread and here are the suspencts and the first predictions of them being the murderer.

I started off with Vicar/someone not yet seen and changed to Coppers hubby shortly after Happy Valley first suggested him.

apologies as dont know all characters names but you should get them from the description:

The Dad - Buckshee March 08th
    Pauline Quirke - Riviera March 08th
    Sisters Boyfriend - Afternoon Delight March 08th
    Jack / newsagent - Golfaddick March 08th
    The Butler - Mendonca in asdas March 08th
    Vicar - Miserable Old Git March 12th
    The female detective - Johnny73 - Match 18th
    Michael Appleton - Carly Burn march 19th
    Female Reporter - Afternoon Delight - March 20th
    Coppers Husband - Happy Valley March 20th
    the sister - Granpa - April 9th
    Local newspaper owner woman - Fanny Fanackapan - Apr 9th
    Female detectives sister - buckshee Apr 10th
    Postman - Weegie Addick Apr 11th
    Young journalist bloke (coppers nephew?) - Algarva Addick - Apr 12th
    Kanu - Paul Bacon Sarnie - Apr 12th
    Curbs(12/1) - CAFC SAYER - APR 13TH
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cant believe the bookies offering odds on it.
    If I was in production team Id be getting my xmas bonus in early.
  • Options
    M O L , well done , took some putting together , hopefully one of us is right!
  • Options

cant believe the bookies offering odds on it.
    If I was in production team Id be getting my xmas bonus in early.

I think they have filmed 5 different endings and that even the actors do not know who is in the frame.

Excellant drama with so many twists and turns.

• Options
    I love broad church, it's been fabulous.

I think there's some mileage in Tennants character, I wonder if there will be a sequel ?
  • Options
    Wonder if He survives this !
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I think there's some mileage in Tennants character, I wonder if there will be a sequel ?

Richard J mentioned 5 possible outcomes , i was wondering if they could spin it out to another series , or do you think everyone would lose interest?

• Options
    My missus and her mother loves this programme. Watched Monday's episode, not a fan of the writing. Full of cliches and telling the audience things rather than showing them. I can see that it's a fun "who done it" programme.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Richard J mentioned 5 possible outcomes , i was wondering if they could spin it out to another series , or do you think everyone would lose interest?

What sky says about the last episode seems to point to a conclusion.

"After weeks of speculation, the events surrounding Danny's death are revealed. Shock waves ripple though Broadchurch as the community struggles to come to terms with the news."

• Options
    12 hours to go...... @GettingExcited !
  • Options
    The female copper option seems more and more possible.