Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Was on trial with Birmingham a week ago (according to Wikipedia) and scored in their match v Oxford.
  • Forest bid 4 mill this morning which has apparently been accepted and QPR are in turmoil

oh the have's and the have not's.

• Worry not at least this guy had a slightly better than one in ratio, for his last club that play at a lower level than us. Worry when he proves beyond our budget, next stop is amputees.

If we didn't have CP, a miracle worker and a man loved by his played, I would be worried. This is Charlton and nothing is ever easy for us, which makes the successes more fun.
  • Looking into McGurk he's played as a winger for the last two seasons. He played as a striker in youth football.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/8835454/adam-mcgurk-is-hoping-to-impress-whilst-on-trial-with-birmingham-city

Stats for last season: 20 league starts, 7 sub league apps, 3 cup starts. Top assists at Tranmere with 5, all in the league. As for goals 3 in the league and 1 cup.

He suffered a collapsed lung in February. Tranmere fans seem to think he's a decent player but injury prone.

This looks like another random trialist to play for the u21s, not someone Powell is looking at to be one of our 3/4 strikers.
  • Worst haircut I've seen in a while.

Don't want him.
  • Worst haircut I've seen in a while.

Don't want him.

Straight red!!

• Blackstock dropping to Wolves on loan according to this mornings papers.
  • Because I'm sad I just had a look and if the squad lists announced and two teams have no number 10 and one had no number nine but we're the only one with neither.
  • Scoham said:

Looking into McGurk he's played as a winger for the last two seasons. He played as a striker in youth football.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/8835454/adam-mcgurk-is-hoping-to-impress-whilst-on-trial-with-birmingham-city

Stats for last season: 20 league starts, 7 sub league apps, 3 cup starts. Top assists at Tranmere with 5, all in the league. As for goals 3 in the league and 1 cup.

He suffered a collapsed lung in February. Tranmere fans seem to think he's a decent player but injury prone.

This looks like another random trialist to play for the u21s, not someone Powell is looking at to be one of our 3/4 strikers.

He's 24...
  • For those with half decent memories - McGurk scored against us at The Valley (via a big deflection) in 2011/12.

He's a left footed winger/forward.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

Looking into McGurk he's played as a winger for the last two seasons. He played as a striker in youth football.

He's 24...
    Doesn't matter. You are allowed to play some overage players as well. It's a glorified reserve league.
  • Scoham said:

He's 24...
    Doesn't matter. You are allowed to play some overage players as well. It's a glorified reserve league.
    i think the average age has to be U21 so you can have some over 21
  • Scoham said:

He's 24...
    Isn't it simply three over-age outfield players plus an over-age keeper? I suspect that aggregating players' ages, factoring in substitutes and coming up with a mean of less than 21 would be beyond most people involved in football.
  • cafcfan said:

Scoham said:

He's 24...
    Isn't it simply three over-age outfield players plus an over-age keeper? I suspect that aggregating players' ages, factoring in substitutes and coming up with a mean of less than 21 would be beyond most people involved in football.
    that sounds about right, im not completely sure how it works anyway
  • In the league you're allowed to play 3 overage players, excluding the goalkeeper.

In pre-season friendlies there won't be any rules around player age.
  • McGurk starts for Charlton XI against Ebbsfleet
  • No contest really Gower over Bailey anytime. Where we failed last season was ball retention
  • QPR defender Jose Bosingwa has left the club by mutual consent as he closes on a transfer to Turkish side Trabzonspor
  • I wonder how much Bosingwa earned from his few years in England
  • Scoham said:

He's 24...
    What I meant was that you don't give a 24 year old a trial, to flesh out your U21 squad this season. If we sign him, it'll be for the first team squad.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2013

Scoham said:

He's 24...
    What I meant was that you don't give a 24 year old a trial, to flesh out your U21 squad this season. If we sign him, it'll be for the first team squad.
    I agree and it wasn't me who suggested that part.
  • Scoham said:

He's 24...
    Surely
  • edited July 2013
    However, the boss has confirmed that negotiations have started with Ricardo Fuller about a return to The Valley, with the Jamaican striker training with the club in pre-season.

There is a bit of talking to be done but there is an outside chance we could get him back.”

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20130729-powell-on-forward-line-952290.aspx#k0U71DIhcJ8LTSWY.99.

• However, the boss has confirmed that negotiations have started with Ricardo Fuller about a return to The Valley, with the Jamaican striker training with the club in pre-season.

There is a bit of talking to be done but there is an outside chance we could get him back.”

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20130729-powell-on-forward-line-952290.aspx#k0U71DIhcJ8LTSWY.99.

Not exactly overwhelmed by this but if that is the only option Powell has got then so be it!
  • However, the boss has confirmed that negotiations have started with Ricardo Fuller about a return to The Valley, with the Jamaican striker training with the club in pre-season.

'Outside chance' doesn't exactly sound confident.
  • Maybe the club will decide to cash in its nectar points and sign him up!

I don't think we're in any position to be sniffy about having Fuller back, TBH...
  • Rangers have now confirmed that they have taken former Premier League players Hameur Bouazza and Mamady Sidibe on trial. Gers boss Ally McCoist said: "It would be crazy of us not to take the option to bring other people in and have a look at them after the success we've had with Bilel's trial. Both players have good pedigree
  • Huddersfield getting Jonathan Hogg from Watford. Very good signing for them.
  • Rangers have now confirmed that they have taken former Premier League players Hameur Bouazza and Mamady Sidibe on trial. Gers boss Ally McCoist said: "It would be crazy of us not to take the option to bring other people in and have a look at them after the success we've had with Bilel's trial. Both players have good pedigree

Rangers transfer policy is really weird. A massive squad already with lots more joining when the transfer embargo is up on 1st September. Already have way, way more than required for both this and probably next season but are looking at these two journeymen who will arrive with relatively high wage expectations from a career in England.
  • Jacob Butterfield from Norwich linked with a loan move on Twitter. Probably nonsense but thought I'd share it. He was at Palace last season and looked pretty decent there.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!