Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Everyone's contract runs out 2014. So probably.
  • Jaddick said:

I think Yann is least likely person in the whole squad to go, arguably irreplaceable. Does his contract expire in 2014?

Yes, I believe it does. All of the players' contracts expire then, with the exception of Harriott and Pritchard.

• Jamie Mackie joins Nottingham Forest from QPR for £1m
  • West Brom are hoping to sign Udinese striker Matej Vydra on a season-long loan deal. The Czech Republic international, 21, scored 20 goals during a loan spell at Watford last season and has also been linked with Swansea and Sunderland.

• What odds on Forest winning the league next season? Might make a small investment.

(Sorry- that's not a rumour its a response to a rumour. Do we have a "predict the end of season table" thread yet?)
  • Jaddick said:

I think Yann is least likely person in the whole squad to go, arguably irreplaceable. Does his contract expire in 2014?

Yes, I believe it does. All of the players' contracts expire then, with the exception of Harriott and Pritchard.

Harriott and Wilson actually, I think.

• Slightly out of date, but squad list with contract expiry dates are here

http://www.charltonlife.com/discussion/54836/current-squad-and-confirmed-signings-sales-summer-of-2013-updated-5th-july

Wood has come in, Ajayi and Harris gone, other youngsters are under contract for at least 1 more year.
  • 8 days to go-------------1 forward-------- nil dosh.

looking forward to the Bmouth weekend ---------old friends----new booze---much fun. Thats the word FUN.
    Supporting this club is about finding the fun how and when you can----------twats like Slatter and the other monkey ----would never understand-----------f++k em.

The new season is almost here---------so lets enjoy it in any manner we can-------booze,family,friends,moans,banter.

• Wednesday have signed Atdhe Nuhiu, 6ft 6 striker from Rapid Vienna, was on trial with Palace but choose The Wednesday instead!

6ft 6?! That's MASSIVE
  • Random rumour on Twitter, doubt we will waste our money on a CM

Duncan Frazer ‏@Duncan_Frazer 12h
    Dean Hammond looks set for Charlton. #BHAFC #CAFC
  • Sponsored links:

• luke1 said:

Random rumour on Twitter, doubt we will waste our money on a CM

This all came from a wind up account on twitter. Decent enough player though.
  • the only way i could see another CM come in is if one we already have is leaving
  • haha really, that is such a nothing rumour. You really need to have a look in the mirror if your making wind up accounts to post rumours like that!
  • mart77 said:

luke1 said:

Random rumour on Twitter, doubt we will waste our money on a CM

This all came from a wind up account on twitter. Decent enough player though.
    Would he cope with the riggers of the championship at his age?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/liverpoolchamber/479744610/
  • @BBCLancashire: Stephen Hunt has revealed to an Irish newspaper that he's set to join Blackpool.
    The 31 year old was released by Wolves last season.
  • Another one we missed out on then. Powell out!
  • @BBCLancashire: Stephen Hunt has revealed to an Irish newspaper that he's set to join Blackpool Milwall.
    The 31 year old was released by Wolves last season.

• Kermo, Fuller, BWP, Haynes.
    Kermo, Church, Obika, Fuller/Coulibaly/another.

Decent swap? Yes/no?
  • Kermo, Fuller, BWP, Haynes.
    Kermo, Church, Obika, Fuller/Coulibaly/another.

Decent swap? Yes/no?

I'd say so
  • Crystal Palace have ended their interest in signing Newcastle midfielder Dan Gosling and former West Ham striker Carlton Cole. Co-chairman Steve Parish says Palace are now looking at alternative targets ahead of the new season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wigan have completed the signing of Honduras international left-back Juan Carlos Garcia on a three-year contract
  • Wigan have completed the signing of Honduras international left-back Juan Carlos Garcia on a three-year contract

According to his wiki page he's clocked up 18 appearances for his national side since July 2009.
    In the last two years Honduras seem to have played 32 "A" games.
    So, how is he getting a work permit? These are the rules:
    (1) they have played for their country in at least 75% of its competitive A team matches in the two years preceding the application; and

(2) the player’s country must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA world rankings.

Fine on Honduras' FIFA ranking but he'd have had to have played 24 games in the last two years alone. I don't understand?!
  • different rules for them 'op North.......
  • Who did they buy him from though? Maybe he qualified for a work permit by gaining a passport or citizenship there?
  • Dizzle said:

Who did they buy him from though? Maybe he qualified for a work permit by gaining a passport or citizenship there?

Club Deportivo Olimpia in Honduras it seems.
  • Ipswich have completed the signing of Manchester United midfielder Ryan Tunnicliffe on a six-month loan deal.
  • cafcfan said:

Dizzle said:

Who did they buy him from though? Maybe he qualified for a work permit by gaining a passport or citizenship there?

Club Deportivo Olimpia in Honduras it seems.
    Absolutely no idea then!
  • cafcfan said:

Wigan have completed the signing of Honduras international left-back Juan Carlos Garcia on a three-year contract

According to his wiki page he's clocked up 18 appearances for his national side since July 2009.
    In the last two years Honduras seem to have played 32 "A" games.
    So, how is he getting a work permit? These are the rules:
    (1) they have played for their country in at least 75% of its competitive A team matches in the two years preceding the application; and

(2) the player’s country must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA world rankings.

Fine on Honduras' FIFA ranking but he'd have had to have played 24 games in the last two years alone. I don't understand?!
    I don't think the work permit has been issued yet
  • No signings this week, obviously recovering from the signing of Wood last week. Maybe next week...
  • kafka said:

Wednesday have signed Atdhe Nuhiu, 6ft 6 striker from Rapid Vienna, was on trial with Palace but choose The Wednesday instead!

bore off.

Sorry mate, thought you' d be happy lol
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!