Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Agreed & Holllands "had" the triplets half way through the 1st season with us.
  • I must be bored but they were born in September, I thought he was pretty good the whole season, especially when he was alongside Hughes
  • Nicholas said:

I must be bored but they were born in September, I thought he was pretty good the whole season, especially when he was alongside Hughes

I agree. Thanks for putting me right. I didn't realise they were born that early in the season.
  • edited August 2013
    pretty much born all at the same time too :)
  • Hollands, Stephens and Solly will leave, an attacking mid in on a free and 2 loanees, right back and centre mid is my guess, Green will stay as back up to Pritchard, Wilson will end up being right back.
  • I predict .......a riot !!

seriously, I don't think anyone will come in or anyone will go (apart from on loan in Sept)
  • I will predict Hollands, Stephens and Green to leave. Coming in Obika, a CM that can tackle pass and dribble as we don't have a player than can carry the ball up the pitch. Then finally if we can afford it another option on the right, Albrighton was mentioned earlier.
  • Glad Scottie's gone to Fulham instead of QPR. At least we won't have to watch how he's still head and shoulders above any of our midfielders up close and personal.

Parker's legs/stamina have gone. His career will now decline at about the same rate that Mark Kinsella's did. Fulham will regret the three-year deal.
  • I know marc albrighton's uncle he works at coca cola, I will give him a call this afternoon and see what he says
  • I know marc albrighton's uncle he works at coca cola, I will give him a call this afternoon and see what he says

Just see if he's the Real Thing.....

• Sponsored links:

• Hollands, Stephens and Green are league 1 players at best and I think CP knows this. Would make perfect sense to ship them out as do not think they are going to make the grade at Championship level.

The only one that might prove me wrong if he settles back up north is Stephens. Everyone always banging on about his 'potential' but if he does have something in him to be a decent player at this level then he isn't going to realise that potential whilst playing for us.

All good players for us in league 1 and will always be remembered as part of the all conquering champions side who won that league but sadly not up to it at this level, just like BWP.
  • Unfortunately the players CP may well want to move on aren't the players that other clubs would be willing to buy.

I'd expect Stephens to move north as already mentioned by CP and one of Solly or Wiggins to be sold as well.

If someone wanted Green or Hollands in league 1 AND could afford their wages they would be long gone imho.
  • Hollands was excellent against Oxford.

• I reckon Stephens will go udders
  • Unfortunately the players CP may well want to move on aren't the players that other clubs would be willing to buy.

I'd expect Stephens to move north as already mentioned by CP and one of Solly or Wiggins to be sold as well.

If someone wanted Green or Hollands in league 1 AND could afford their wages they would be long gone imho.

Yes, I don't know what wages Hollands and Green are on, but I imagine they're generous by L1 standards, which would be a barrier for everyone apart from perhaps Wolves, who I can't see being interested!
    Clearly at the end of last season there were a number of players with little future at the club in this division, some of them were out of contract and left (e.g. Taylor, Wagstaff) others are still here, but only because they are still under contract.
  • edited August 2013
    Heard we and Barnsley are close to agreeing to a Stephens and Dawson swap.
  • Anyone rate Dawson? Don't really know him.
  • Love his mother in law jokes..
  • Heard we and Barnsley are close to agreeing to a Stephens and Dawson swap.

Was good at Orient as I remember

Only 5' 6'' so not tall enough : - )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Dawson

Was good at Orient as I remember

Only 5' 6'' so not tall enough : - )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Dawson

Busy and industrious, but not blessed with quality.

• Sponsored links:

• Cant see why we'd want to sign someone like dawson when we already have Hollands,who in my opinion should be playing week in week out anyway,unless of course its an excuse just to get rid of DS.I Am slightly dissapointed for hollands though,think hes been treated unfairly by powell IMO
  • cafc4life said:

Cant see why we'd want to sign someone like dawson when we already have Hollands,who in my opinion should be playing week in week out anyway,unless of course its an excuse just to get rid of DS.I Am slightly dissapointed for hollands though,think hes been treated unfairly by powell IMO

I kind of agree with this. He's never really let us down, imo of course, and hasn't been given a chance to prove himself in this league. I'd play him ahead of Stephens all day long and probably Gower, who hasn't impressed me at all so far, and also Hughes.

Dawson - good age, too short, not creative enough, too similar to what we have

• Could we not swap him for Perkins instead?
  • cafc4life said:

Cant see why we'd want to sign someone like dawson when we already have Hollands,who in my opinion should be playing week in week out anyway,unless of course its an excuse just to get rid of DS.I Am slightly dissapointed for hollands though,think hes been treated unfairly by powell IMO

I kind of agree with this. He's never really let us down, imo of course, and hasn't been given a chance to prove himself in this league. I'd play him ahead of Stephens all day long and probably Gower, who hasn't impressed me at all so far, and also Hughes.

Sorry but Hollands just is nowhere near mobile enough for this league. I'm not even talking about genuine pace. He is slow and laboured in movement. Can get away with that lower down the divisions but not where he currently finds himself. Hope he is moved on and enjoys his football elsewhere. He deserves that.

Dawson - good age, too short, not creative enough, too similar to what we have

too similar to what we can afford?

• I'd take this. Dawson is similar to Hollands but a better all round player in my eyes. I have been one of Stephens' more vocal supporters on here but feel he has had enough chances to prove himself and cement a place. He obviously isn't happy down south and Dawson would inject some urgency into the team.
  • I thought he looked good when he was playing for Orient. He would give us a bit more bite in midfield.
  • Dawsons a player that wont go missing or hide during a game
  • He'd be no good at hide and seek then.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!