Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• cafc4life said:

Cant see why we'd want to sign someone like dawson when we already have Hollands,who in my opinion should be playing week in week out anyway,unless of course its an excuse just to get rid of DS.I Am slightly dissapointed for hollands though,think hes been treated unfairly by powell IMO

I kind of agree with this. He's never really let us down, imo of course, and hasn't been given a chance to prove himself in this league. I'd play him ahead of Stephens all day long and probably Gower, who hasn't impressed me at all so far, and also Hughes.

Sorry but Hollands just is nowhere near mobile enough for this league. I'm not even talking about genuine pace. He is slow and laboured in movement. Can get away with that lower down the divisions but not where he currently finds himself. Hope he is moved on and enjoys his football elsewhere. He deserves that.

Can get away with a lack of pace/mobility if the rest of a players game makes up for it, e.g. Jackson with his goals.

What we can't do at this level as we've seen is play too many similar players together. Hollands is too slow to close down well and no more creative than the rest of our midfield.

He made 11 starts in the Championship last season - how many do you give him before deciding he's not good enough?

He should be back up for Jackson at best for me. I'd rather see Cousins get a chance who might just need a run of games to show he's capable of playing at this level.
  • Robin Bairner ‏@RBairner 15m
    #Evian midfielder Eric Tie Bi has joined up with Charlton Athletic for a spell on trial. #CAFC

Defensive midfielder by all accounts, Hull wanted him earlier in the summer, plays for Evian in Ligue 1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Ti%C3%A9_Bi
  • Scoham said:

cafc4life said:

Cant see why we'd want to sign someone like dawson when we already have Hollands,who in my opinion should be playing week in week out anyway,unless of course its an excuse just to get rid of DS.I Am slightly dissapointed for hollands though,think hes been treated unfairly by powell IMO

I kind of agree with this. He's never really let us down, imo of course, and hasn't been given a chance to prove himself in this league. I'd play him ahead of Stephens all day long and probably Gower, who hasn't impressed me at all so far, and also Hughes.

Sorry but Hollands just is nowhere near mobile enough for this league. I'm not even talking about genuine pace. He is slow and laboured in movement. Can get away with that lower down the divisions but not where he currently finds himself. Hope he is moved on and enjoys his football elsewhere. He deserves that.

Can get away with a lack of pace/mobility if the rest of a players game makes up for it, e.g. Jackson with his goals.

What we can't do at this level as we've seen is play too many similar players together. Hollands is too slow to close down well and no more creative than the rest of our midfield.

He made 11 starts in the Championship last season - how many do you give him before deciding he's not good enough?

He should be back up for Jackson at best for me. I'd rather see Cousins get a chance who might just need a run of games to show he's capable of playing at this level.
    Yep
  • Robin Bairner ‏@RBairner 15m
    #Evian midfielder Eric Tie Bi has joined up with Charlton Athletic for a spell on trial. #CAFC

Defensive midfielder by all accounts, Hull wanted him earlier in the summer, plays for Evian in Ligue 1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Ti%C3%A9_Bi

Would be interesting if it is true. Anyone who has played 60 games as a midfielder in the French top division cant be that bad.
  • Could be the next Ruamba
  • Scoham said:

cafc4life said:

Yep
    Also agreed. I like Hollands as a player and from what people tell me of him as a person, but he has obvious and glaring weaknesses to his game, too much so to realistically excel at the level we find ourselves. You could exchange him for Gower/Hughes/Stephens but I don't think our performances would suddenly improve. Hollands is a cog - he keeps things ticking along, always performs consistently - when we need an engine - someone who will power up the team with effort and example, and he just isn't quick enough for that role. If he does move on, my best wishes will go with him, and when he next plays at the Valley for us or another team, I will happily give him a cheer.
  • Incidentally - take a look at the latest pics of training posted on Facebook. 6th one in the sequence - black guy with shoulder neck length dreads in a blue bib. Blatantly looks like Tie Bi by all accounts.
  • Water Carrier type midfielder ; - )
  • Exactly Scoham. People have very short memories. Same with BWP last season and Green. These players have been given chances and simply never looked good enough for Champ level. At least DS, for all his faults, has shown glimpses that he could be.
  • Sponsored links:

• I would rather Dawson than Stephens, but we need better than him IMO.

would have thought we were more in the Tesco Highland Spring market

• Not that I know much about Dawson but the last bald, Irish midfielder we had didn't turn out too great.

Eltham Tap water.

if you are lucky : - )

• Not that I know much about Dawson but the last bald, Irish midfielder we had didn't turn out too great.

Are both similar players. However when Dawson came up against McCormack when we played Orient, Dawson completely outplayed and out muscled McCormack. I'd be happy if he came to us.
  • Not at their place he didn't. That was McCormack's first and last excellent game for us
  • Not at their place he didn't. That was McCormack's first and last excellent game for us

THIS. I remember watching McCormack run that game from midfield, score, and think we had bagged a steal.
  • If Evian plays in the hole, he'll just disappear.

Eltham Tap water.

if you are lucky : - )

I could come back with a response to that but I wouldn't want to faucet.

• Sponsored links:

• Water you lot on about? :)
  • Would prefer Adam Sale tbh.
  • Don't know if this has been posted already, but they have confirmed on their club website that he is on trial. http://www.etgfc.com/2013/08/20/eric-tie-bi-a-lessai/
  • If he is under contract then surely they will want some sort of fee unless they just want to get his wages off the books.
  • That someone bossed McCormack isn't a reason to sign him. On that basis, we should sign every midfielder that played in League One that season.

Dawson is a good player, very different to Stephens though so wouldn't look at him as an alternative at all. If he signed he's more likely to provide competition to Hughes, Hollands and Pritchard.
  • That someone bossed McCormack isn't a reason to sign him. On that basis, we should sign every midfielder that played in League One that season.

Dawson is a good player, very different to Stephens though so wouldn't look at him as an alternative at all. If he signed he's more likely to provide competition to Hughes, Hollands and Pritchard.

I doubt that Hughes and Hollands are going to feature tbh. In Hollands case I think he will be moved on and Hughes only in an emergency. If I'm correct then Dawson could be a decent move given Stephens situation.

• My point is that Stephens and Dawson are different players.

I wouldn't dismiss Hughes just yet. He was vital to our run towards the end of last season.
  • Yes, a fit Hughes would be an asset to that team, leadership on the pitch is crucial
  • Southampton's Jason Puncheon set for Crystal Palace loan move

By Nabil Hassan
    BBC Sport
    Crystal Palace are expected to complete the season-long loan signing of Southampton winger Jason Puncheon later on Wednesday.
    Croydon-born Puncheon is understood to want the move for family reasons.
    The 27-year-old, who joined Saints from Plymouth in 2010, has played 81 times for the club and was a key member of their Premier League squad last season.
    He previously played under Palace manager Ian Holloway at Blackpool, having begun his career at Wimbledon.
    Puncheon signed a new deal in March, tying him to Saints until 2016.
    Palace have been searching for a right winger since Wilfried Zaha left the club to join Manchester United in the summer.
  • Hogan Ephraim is training with Wolves, surprised he hasn't found a permanent club in the CCC or L1 yet thought he looked a decent player a few years back.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!