Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• No chance Ranger is not a Powell player at all. Millwank and no mark Franchise FC are perfect fits for him though
  • Please dear god no, not Vile Ranger. He'll spend most of his life in and out of prison rather than a football pitch
  • Would save money not needing his name on his shirt though...now that the twonk has it tattooed on his forehead!

Please God...NO!!
  • sammy391 said:

A Newcastle twitter page ( not official ) recons we along with Milwall and MK dons are interested in Nile ranger

• Nile Ranger at Charlton? Never going to happen nor should it. He's a waste of blood and organs.
  • i don't often say no way to players we are linked with, but no way to Niles Ranger.
  • Isn't he awaiting trial for some pretty serious crimes ? Can't imagine his head would be in the right place and doubt anyone will touch him with a barge pole until after he's had his day in court.
  • No thanks. Complete scumbag
  • Thinking about Ranger reminded me of Ched Evans who scored so many goals for Sheffield United in our promotion season - I had a quick Google to find the latest and found this site - he'll probably be out in 12/18 months;

http://www.chedevans.com/
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

Isn't he awaiting trial for some pretty serious crimes ? Can't imagine his head would be in the right place and doubt anyone will touch him with a barge pole until after he's had his day in court.

He was charged with Rape on the 8th July, so presumably he's awaiting trial for that. Not sure, but I think there is also an assault charge knocking about. I looked him up earlier on and he just seems like a grade A scum bag, constantly in trouble, getting nicked for one thing whilst awaiting trial for the next..

As far as I can tell he hasn't played any football for the last season either, after he finished of the 2011/2012 season with the massive in L1.

Lets face it, you'd have to be stupid - not desperate - to want to sign this blight on the gene-pool.

• LuckyReds said:

se9addick said:

Isn't he awaiting trial for some pretty serious crimes ? Can't imagine his head would be in the right place and doubt anyone will touch him with a barge pole until after he's had his day in court.

He was charged with Rape on the 8th July, so presumably he's awaiting trial for that. Not sure, but I think there is also an assault charge knocking about. I looked him up earlier on and he just seems like a grade A scum bag, constantly in trouble, getting nicked for one thing whilst awaiting trial for the next..

As far as I can tell he hasn't played any football for the last season either, after he finished of the 2011/2012 season with the massive in L1.

Lets face it, you'd have to be stupid - not desperate - to want to sign this blight on the gene-pool.

From Wiki it looks like he's been arrested (8) twice as many times as he's scored a goal.
  • se9addick said:

LuckyReds said:

se9addick said:

From Wiki it looks like he's been arrested (8) twice as many times as he's scored a goal.
    Nice spot, I didn't even look at his goal return. That really is awful.
  • Whew!!! Panic over he's gone to Swindon!
  • Not sure how his season is going to turn out - on 21st August he could end up playing for an HMP XI!
  • Strange move by Swindon. Would he score goals at that level ?
  • that ched evans website is vile how fucked up are his supporters
  • that ched evans website is vile how fucked up are his supporters

Some of it is a bit questionable - and clearly it's hugely biased - but there were definitely parts of that decision (one innocent one guilty) that were very, very strange.
  • its the website that is wrong the tone of it is disgusting
  • Don't want to drag this up but one was not guiltly because the woman went back to the hotel with him willingly and had consentual sex. With Evens she was asleep and never gave consent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't want to drag this up but one was not guiltly because the woman went back to the hotel with him willingly and had consentual sex. With Evens she was asleep and never gave consent.

I think (and this probably isn't the place - I only mentioned it in light of us being linked with Ranger) that she didn't know what happened, in fact she never made a complaint of rape, rather that she complained her drink was spiked. The first knowledge of sexual contact between the parties was when the two footballers were questioned by the police and told them they'd had consensual sex with the girl. I think the question at court (and I'm not an expert) was wether she was so drunk that she was capable of giving consent - I've never been able to figure out how the jury were able to decide that sue could consent to the Port Vale player but not Evans and I'm not sure how it could be proven beyond reasonable doubt that she was awake whilst having intercourse with the Port Vale player and asleep with Evans when I believe the only people with why recollection of the events were the two players.

As I said strange but perhaps a finer legal mind than mines would understand. Oh and Evans is due for release in October next year provided he behaves.
  • the rights and wrongs were done in court he was found guilty end of and rightly so, but to have a website like that is disgusting and i wouldnt be friends with a rapist people need to have a good look at themselves and his bird jesus wept your a woman and your man you are being this loyal to willing had sex with anoyther woman even tough she didnt agree to it and has been convicted of rape why are you so loyal to this scum
  • Powell wouldn't sign Nile Ranger if he was the last footballer left on the planet. One of the many things I love about the man
  • se9addick said:

Don't want to drag this up but one was not guiltly because the woman went back to the hotel with him willingly and had consentual sex. With Evens she was asleep and never gave consent.

I think (and this probably isn't the place - I only mentioned it in light of us being linked with Ranger) that she didn't know what happened, in fact she never made a complaint of rape, rather that she complained her drink was spiked. The first knowledge of sexual contact between the parties was when the two footballers were questioned by the police and told them they'd had consensual sex with the girl. I think the question at court (and I'm not an expert) was wether she was so drunk that she was capable of giving consent - I've never been able to figure out how the jury were able to decide that sue could consent to the Port Vale player but not Evans and I'm not sure how it could be proven beyond reasonable doubt that she was awake whilst having intercourse with the Port Vale player and asleep with Evans when I believe the only people with why recollection of the events were the two players.

As I said strange but perhaps a finer legal mind than mines would understand. Oh and Evans is due for release in October next year provided he behaves.
    There was indeed something very strange about this case. I can't be bothered to look it up, and would much prefer one of our Legal Lifers to remind me. As I recall, there was CCTV footage of the girl entering the hotel very drunk. Obviously the Crown Prosecution Service thought there was enough evidence to charge Evans with rape - and wasn't his friend similarly charged, and acquitted? What I wondered at the time was how the jury decided one was guilty and the other was not. By their testimonies in court? In the old days, co-defendants used to blame each other, and not being able to decide which of them committed the crime, the jury would often acquit them both. Recently, the rules have been changed so that a co-defendant may be "guilty by association", loosely speaking. What exactly happened in this case?

• transfer rumours????????
  • i thought that when posting appologises
  • Sorry, my fault
  • Apparantly according to the BBC a move to Brighton for Kohch has just broken down.
  • se9addick said:

Don't want to drag this up but one was not guiltly because the woman went back to the hotel with him willingly and had consentual sex. With Evens she was asleep and never gave consent.

There was indeed something very strange about this case. I can't be bothered to look it up, and would much prefer one of our Legal Lifers to remind me. As I recall, there was CCTV footage of the girl entering the hotel very drunk. Obviously the Crown Prosecution Service thought there was enough evidence to charge Evans with rape - and wasn't his friend similarly charged, and acquitted? What I wondered at the time was how the jury decided one was guilty and the other was not. By their testimonies in court? In the old days, co-defendants used to blame each other, and not being able to decide which of them committed the crime, the jury would often acquit them both. Recently, the rules have been changed so that a co-defendant may be "guilty by association", loosely speaking. What exactly happened in this case?

The CCTV is on that site. She doesn't look that drunk to me.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!