Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Madz said:

Yet again The Sun paper linking us with trying to sign Obika (which i'd still quite like). After Powells comments about being 2 new players short we will be linked with lots of players i think over the coming weeks.

no point in signing more strikers when the midfield is incapable of creating any chances for them
    That is a very good point
  • I think SCP wants Obika and will try his hardest to get him. On a more sour note wasn't there a rumour yesterday that a club were looking at Yann ? Celtic again perhaps ?
  • Tony Pulis was in the stands...if that means anything!
  • cafc-west said:

Tony Pulis was in the stands...if that means anything!

Just a guess but scouting for someone ?

• Well if Pulis was interested in anyone, saturday hopefully put him off!
  • What club does pullis now work for?
  • smiffyboy said:

What club does pullis now work for?

He doesnt... Although SkySports have posted this today

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11684/8867146/charlton-continue-chase-to-sign-stiker-jon-obika-from-tottenham

Be interesting to know when CP was quoted as saying that
  • edited August 2013
    smiffyboy said:

What club does pullis now work for?

None as far as I am aware but it wouldn't stop say Arsene Wenger giving Tony a call and saying would you mind getting down to The Valley and run the rule over Danny Green for me.
  • From the ever reliable FR's site...

11 Aug 2013 11:19:55
    Charlton are in talks with Millwall's highly-rated midfielder Josh Wright over a possible move.
  • TravHouse said:

From the ever reliable FR's site...

Charlton are in talks with Millwall's highly-rated midfielder Josh Wright over a possible move.

He was in the stands Saturday but i cant see us signing him!
  • Sponsored links:

• TravHouse said:

From the ever reliable FR's site...

He was in the stands Saturday but i cant see us signing him!

Could only see it if it was a free,I wouldn't want us to pay a fee for him.SCP is keen on bringing back ex academy boys Green ,Haynes and Wilson.

The Spanners have now got Abdou,Bailey,Chaplow Derry and Trotter in a similar position so might they want to offload Josh to balance the wage bill.
  • Was definitely in the West stand on Saturday along with Pritchard and a few others
  • Well if Pulis was interested in anyone, saturday hopefully put him off!

Maybe he was looking at at Middlesbrough player!
  • I just hope powell doesn't think obika is the solution to our problems.
  • Was definitely in the West stand on Saturday along with Pritchard and a few others

He was never given a chance with us. I thought he always looked to have potential in reserve games for us but is he better than what we have already, i can't honestly answer as not seen him play recently. With the influx of players at Millwall its possible he will leave but as its Football Rumours i wouldn't give it much strength at this stage.

• 'Essex' is the current whipping boy at Millwall, after DNG of course.
  • Pulis scouting for QPR
  • Doesn't seem like a Powell player that's for sure
  • Don't want Josh Wright back after the way he left us
  • I hope he comes back, but only if he brings his sister with him.
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope he comes back, but only if he brings his sister with him.

Can she play quite well then??
  • What's this nonsense about not wanting new strikers if we can't supply them. We managed to get enough goals with the same midfield last season, Obika being a beneficiary of it. I know we've started badly and the midfield could be improved but it's hilarious looking back on this thread seeing the 'aaahhhh, we need strikers' comments turning into 'aaahhh, strikers are pointless, everything is going to destroy everything' comments. If we got in Yaya Toure I can just see the next batch. 'Our defenders don't have enough legs!' 'Our goalkeeper's hair is awful, resistance is futile!'
  • What's this nonsense about not wanting new strikers if we can't supply them. We managed to get enough goals with the same midfield last season, Obika being a beneficiary of it. I know we've started badly and the midfield could be improved but it's hilarious looking back on this thread seeing the 'aaahhhh, we need strikers' comments turning into 'aaahhh, strikers are pointless, everything is going to destroy everything' comments. If we got in Yaya Toure I can just see the next batch. 'Our defenders don't have enough legs!' 'Our goalkeeper's hair is awful, resistance is futile!'

But our goalkeeper's hair is awful...
  • Personally i don't think our defenders have enough legs. 3 is minimum for this level. Maybe that's why Dion Dublin was such a good defender!
  • Essaid Belkalem: Watford sign Granada defender on loan

Watford have signed Algeria international defender Essaid Belkalem on a season-long loan from sister club Granada.
    The Hornets have the option of signing the 24-year-old on a permanent deal.
    Belkalem, Watford's first loan signing of the season, was expected to join Udinese this summer after his contract expired at Algerian club JS Kabylie.
    But he instead joined Granada who, like Watford and Udinese, are owned by the Italian Pozzo family.

As I will say yet again, the supposed punishment of Watford is a joke.
    As is the dodgy swapping of players between Udinese, Grenada and Watford.
  • Hughes' last tweet is interesting... Worst bag ever seen at training ground today @anton_ferdinand take a bow.
  • JTJT
    edited August 2013
    andrew hughes ‏@Andrew10dog 2m
    Worst bag ever seen at training ground today @anton_ferdinand take a bow pic.twitter.com/EBw9vXcHsD

• Hughes' last tweet is interesting... Worst bag ever seen at training ground today @anton_ferdinand take a bow.

Just seen that. He was rumoured to be close to joining us in January and is currently a free agent...another CB though?!

• State of that wall bracket

Just seen that. He was rumoured to be close to joining us in January and is currently a free agent...another CB though?!

Doubt we could afford him.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!