Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• edited August 2013

Hughes' last tweet is interesting... Worst bag ever seen at training ground today @anton_ferdinand take a bow.

Just seen that. He was rumoured to be close to joining us in January and is currently a free agent...another CB though?!

Doubt we could afford him.

this, must have been on 50k a week at least when at QPR
  • Doubt we'd sign another central defender when our midfield is lacking creativity and we're still one short up front.
  • Seems like a joke (bit like Heskey at the training ground last year).
  • Shaun Derry: Millwall sign QPR midfielder on loan

Millwall have completed the signing of experienced QPR midfielder Shaun Derry on a month's loan.
    The 35-year-old made 19 appearances for the R's last season.
    "I'm here first and foremost to play football and to help the club get further up the league than they were last year," he said.
    Meanwhile the Lions have signed veteran keeper Andy Marshall on a short-term deal after David Forde was ruled out for about a month with a knee injury.
  • Powell played with Anton at West Ham prob just doing him favor and letting him train.
  • Dizzle said:

State of that wall bracket

They are currently replacing the tellies!

• What's this nonsense about not wanting new strikers if we can't supply them. We managed to get enough goals with the same midfield last season, Obika being a beneficiary of it. I know we've started badly and the midfield could be improved but it's hilarious looking back on this thread seeing the 'aaahhhh, we need strikers' comments turning into 'aaahhh, strikers are pointless, everything is going to destroy everything' comments. If we got in Yaya Toure I can just see the next batch. 'Our defenders don't have enough legs!' 'Our goalkeeper's hair is awful, resistance is futile!'

Spot on! :)
  • cafc-west said:

Dizzle said:

State of that wall bracket

They are currently replacing the tellies!

So they are replacing the televisions rather than sign new players?

Powell out.

• We sold the plasmas on eBay, replaced them with tescos own brand wind up tvs
  • edited August 2013
    Not sure how reliable this Twitter account is

With the exception of the Wiggins story this could have been picked up by being on here :

SkyBet Championship ‏@Transfer_News24 2h
    Crystal Palace are interested in Charlton defender Rhoys Wiggins.

SkyBet Championship ‏@Transfer_News24 2h
    Charlton are interested in defender Anton Ferdinand. #cafc

SkyBet Championship ‏@Transfer_News24 16h
    Charlton are close to signing Tottenham striker Jon Obika on loan.

FR latest :

12 Aug 2013 11:49:42
    Charlton to sign Lee Camp, Dean Hammond and Rob Hulse.

• Sponsored links:

• Ferdinand used to play at right back didn't he?
  • Dean Hammond, he's the experienced Southampton box to box midfielder that was loaned to Brighton last year, isn't he?

Anybody remember how he played for Brighton last year?
  • Oggy Red said:

Dean Hammond, he's the experienced Southampton box to box midfielder that was loaned to Brighton last year, isn't he

Anybody remember how he played for Brighton last year?

37 games two goals

• Thanks, Scabby.

Hammond was a regular for Brighton then. And they made the playoffs.
    And a regular for Southampton in their 2 successive promotions. Good pedigree.

Seem to remember a year ago he almost signed for Charlton?
  • Camp hulse and hammond would be very good addidtions but on fr so prob bull crap.
  • I'd take Hammond, would be a superb acquisition. Its on FR so probs bs.
  • Nearly signed hammond last year before he went to brighton.
  • was lined-up to replace Stephens
  • Nearly signed hammond last year before he went to brighton.

Remember his missus laughing on Twitter at the fact he could be going to Charlton rather than Brighton!
  • Camp hulse and hammond would be very good addidtions but on fr so prob bull crap.

more knackered out old pros .. we need someone ambitious with a bit of drive f f s
  • Sponsored links:

i'd prefer a rough and ready Hulse if i'm honest.
  • Macronate said:

Camp hulse and hammond would be very good addidtions but on fr so prob bull crap.

i'd prefer a rough and ready Hulse if i'm honest.
    lol .. 'ello campers ooooh
  • Lee camp is a great keeper! Also would be a good back up and dean hammond would be a decent signing
  • Shame Yeovil beat us to Wayne Hennessy. He would have been ideal as first choice keeper.

Would like Camp as first choice keeper though.
  • CP has been given a windfall and is looking 2 bring in Scott parker for a season long loan-----------------------------------------aint true but just fed up with all the other clubs having dosh and us geting excited re signing everyone elses garbage
  • Sky Sports saying QPR are going back in for Parker...............

serve the little sod well if he does go there - but can't see it myself !!
  • Southampton’s Billy Sharp has been well backed to go to Bournemouth and Sky Bet have gone 6/1 from 16/1 for this move to happen. The betting is wide open on this one as Sharp appears to have plenty of suitors, with Celtic the 5/2 favourites, followed by Sheffield Wednesday (7/2) and Doncaster (5/1).
  • edited August 2013
    Sharp will be a hoop
  • Swindon are in the hunt for new strikers to boost their promotion push, according to chairman Jed McCrory. The Robins have scored just twice in their opening three games and have been linked with moves for Millwall forward Dany N'Guessan and free agent Nile Ranger following the forward's departure from Newcastle.
  • Sky Sports understands Premier League trio Tottenham, Fulham and West Ham are tracking Watford striker Troy Deeney. The 25-year-old has started the new season in red-hot form and his goalscoring exploits have alerted several Premier League clubs.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!