Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• se9addick said:

Don't want to drag this up but one was not guiltly because the woman went back to the hotel with him willingly and had consentual sex. With Evens she was asleep and never gave consent.

I think (and this probably isn't the place - I only mentioned it in light of us being linked with Ranger) that she didn't know what happened, in fact she never made a complaint of rape, rather that she complained her drink was spiked. The first knowledge of sexual contact between the parties was when the two footballers were questioned by the police and told them they'd had consensual sex with the girl. I think the question at court (and I'm not an expert) was wether she was so drunk that she was capable of giving consent - I've never been able to figure out how the jury were able to decide that sue could consent to the Port Vale player but not Evans and I'm not sure how it could be proven beyond reasonable doubt that she was awake whilst having intercourse with the Port Vale player and asleep with Evans when I believe the only people with why recollection of the events were the two players.

As I said strange but perhaps a finer legal mind than mines would understand. Oh and Evans is due for release in October next year provided he behaves.
    There was indeed something very strange about this case. I can't be bothered to look it up, and would much prefer one of our Legal Lifers to remind me. As I recall, there was CCTV footage of the girl entering the hotel very drunk. Obviously the Crown Prosecution Service thought there was enough evidence to charge Evans with rape - and wasn't his friend similarly charged, and acquitted? What I wondered at the time was how the jury decided one was guilty and the other was not. By their testimonies in court? In the old days, co-defendants used to blame each other, and not being able to decide which of them committed the crime, the jury would often acquit them both. Recently, the rules have been changed so that a co-defendant may be "guilty by association", loosely speaking. What exactly happened in this case?

The CCTV is on that site. She doesn't look that drunk to me.
    Which site? I haven't actually seen the CCTV footage of the victim.

• Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 11s
    Fulham sign Scott Parker from Tottenham on three-year contract for undisclosed fee. More on #SSN
  • Thought he was too good for QPR - that's another astute signing by Fulham, methinks.
  • Glad Scottie's gone to Fulham instead of QPR. At least we won't have to watch how he's still head and shoulders above any of our midfielders up close and personal.
  • so Parker & Bent join up together at last.
  • No idea about the truth in this one, but have heard a whisper that we have made an approach to loan Marc Albrighton from Villa.
  • No idea about the truth in this one, but have heard a whisper that we have made an approach to loan Marc Albrighton from Villa.

weird .. I was just thinking about him .. started like a house on fire but has gone right off the boil @ Villa .. excuse the mixed metaphors .. Lambert appears not to fancy him at all .. He might be a bit of a Lee Martin though .. where would he fit in with us .. AND .. high wages .. good shout though
  • Right mid. Better than anything we've got there !
  • He would be v good at this level

weird .. I was just thinking about him .. started like a house on fire but has gone right off the boil @ Villa .. excuse the mixed metaphors .. Lambert appears not to fancy him at all .. He might be a bit of a Lee Martin though .. where would he fit in with us .. AND .. high wages .. good shout though
    He's had injury problems and skipped a pre-season break to try and address them. Tonev signing from Lech Poznan and N'Zogbia getting himself fit, will push him further down the pecking order.

As I said, it's only a whisper at the moment and might be bollocks, but who knows it is a bit left field and might just happen.

• Sponsored links:

But that would still leave our only options on the left as Harriot, Ceddy at a push, or another bright young thing out of the academy. That or player a righty on the left, and given how well they play on their favoured foot I would not want to see them try...

agreed ... BUT ... (lol) .. to my mind we need a central midfielder as a priority if we have any cash to splash .. BUT .. If Albrighton joined I would be delighted
  • I believe he has played left and right for Villa.
  • His favourite no.12 shirt is free too. :-)
  • edited August 2013
    Straight swap for Stephens? ;-)
  • Straight swap for Stephens? ;-)

you'll be lucky !!!
  • What sort of wages would someone like him be on ?

agreed ... BUT ... (lol) .. to my mind we need a central midfielder as a priority if we have any cash to splash .. BUT .. If Albrighton joined I would be delighted
    Surely though if we did sign Albrighton it would allow Pritch to play in the centre?

Surely though if we did sign Albrighton it would allow Pritch to play in the centre?
    It would. Be happy with Pritch and JJ in there.
  • Over on into-the-valley - the reamsofverse guy reckons 3 in and 3 out before window closes?
    Also reckon GTF (Gary Taylor-Fletcher?) is training with us!?
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc-west said:

Over on into-the-valley - the reamsofverse guy reckons 3 in and 3 out before window closes?

He is.

NB The outs :- Stephens, Hollands & perhaps Green ?

• edited August 2013
    Would love it to be Green, Stephens, Hollands out for Albrighton, GTF, Hammond.

And then I'll wake up.

For me, Pritchard is too small for that role and his passing is just not accurate enough .. work rate and effort are not enough .. what I saw on Saturday, Cousins and Gower looked good .. finding a role for all four of Jackson, Gower, Pritchard and Cousins will occupy Powell's mind for a while as well as Wilson, Hughes and Harriott .. we have a lot of candidates but no really outstanding figure to play the classic central midfield role.

• He is.

Think you're right on those 3. Think its a shame that CP has never really given Hollands a chance though.
  • cafc-west said:

Over on into-the-valley - the reamsofverse guy reckons 3 in and 3 out before window closes?

He is.

If that's the extent of our cloth cutting then I'm happy with that.
  • cafc-west said:

He is.

Think you're right on those 3. Think its a shame that CP has never really given Hollands a chance though.
    I don't think Hollands has looked the same since his triplets were born & especially since he broke his big toe last summer.

He looked slow & laboured against Oxford U.
  • se9addick said:

What sort of wages would someone like him be on ?

take a wild guess .. 800,000 .. a million ? .. at current crazy rates and before Lambert arrived he could be on 3 million
  • edited August 2013

cafc-west said:

He is.

I don't think Hollands has looked the same since his triplets were born & especially since he broke his big toe last summer.

Didn't he have his triplets the season he signed for us.
  • cafc-west said:

He is.

He did a good job in the promotion season, but so did Stephens and several others and they haven't blown us away in the Championship. I like Hollands a lot but I genuinely can't think of very much he offers that any of the other players we've got doesn't already. He's not very fast, his passing is hardly leagues above the likes of Stephens, Gower, Jackson in this league, defensively he's really not that much better than Pritchard or Hughes or even Dervite at a pinch. If we had to cut cloth to make room for new players, there is no pressing reason Hollands must stay.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!