Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Sky Sources: Crystal Palace agree fee to sign striker Dwight Gayle from Peterborough. #SSN
  • Good signing that. Just want something to get excited about :(
  • Sensible move, one for the present & future
  • Not sure he's Prem standard tho. Especially for a team that's going to create minimal chances.
  • Shut up Gary
  • Sensible signing. It's not impossible that he'll make the step up and if he doesn't then he's proven at Championship level, won't cost much and won't be on a high wage for if (when) they go down
  • edited June 2013

Sky Sources: Crystal Palace agree fee to sign striker Dwight Gayle from Peterborough. #SSN

reminds me of Defoe (not Daniel)
  • Perfect signing for them, might not be ready for the Prem as yet but will develope and when they get relegated he will score for fun again at this level. Livewire striker, quick and with a decent finish.
  • edited June 2013
    Might surprize a few pundits me thinks
  • I need something to get excited about transfer wise :(
  • Sponsored links:

• The most painful thing about Palace is they are doing it properly.
  • This is the Charlton rumours thread (+ related).
    It's painful enough knowing that Palarse are in the Prem next season.
    @in' great they are.
  • The most painful thing about Palace is they are doing it properly.

Wait until they start playing all out attack under Holoway. Not a chance.
  • charlton transfer rumours and actuals might be very very thin on the ground but the Palarse rumours should go into the "who gives a flying f**k" thread
  • We haven't signed a South African in ages, this makes me sad
  • I dont like the palars threads popping up but dont mind in this thread any transfers really as its better then 70 + posts of nothing or people attempting to be funny

apologise if seem moody, bad day at work but still factual and my opinion
  • WSSWSS
    edited June 2013
    Seems Morison has gone back to Millwall it seems on a SLL. Another good move.
  • WSS said:

blimey, bit of a coup

• This is getting oddly depressing...
  • Sponsored links:

• DeeBee said:

This is getting oddly depressing...

nothing odd about it, just depressing

• The only depressing feature is if all the squad assembly shenanigans somehow has a detrimental effect on the position of Powell, Dyer and Matthew.

If we have to cut our cloth accordingly then we can make it as positive as possible. A smaller close knit band of brothers, underdogs up against the millionaires, youth players given a go, and maybe progressing faster than others in their generation. We finished ninth last season, with significant spells of absent stars like Yann and Wiggy.

The absolute most important thing is that we survive, and avoid administration, if we survive relegation too then job done. It seems like we are financially lurching from pillar to post, season ticket money here, awaiting TV money there, selling plaques, trimming wages, looking for gate income and so on. It is probably the same at many clubs such as Barnsley or Burnley.

In that context every player is up for sale, and every cost must be controlled. Our (the fans) job is to get real, and get really behind the boys to help them make a little go a long way.
  • I'll begin to worry in about 2 weeks if nobody has come in
  • WSS said:

Or so it would seem.
  • Good post Seth, it is the not knowing about our true financial state that gets to me. In my fifty two years of watching Charlton we have never really had any money. But I yearn for the days when the Club were more transparent. The aim is to get to the Premiership and I feel that with a little bit of investment from Cash we could build on last Season and have a go for the play offs.
  • the aim, apparently, the PL. Investment doesn't seem forthcoming. Meanwhile Slater will be funding the Club with 1 million a month. I can see it all ending in tears.
  • dick I wish we were minted too. However if we have to manage with what we have then I can handle that. Like you, with your 52 years under your belt, I am not inclined to be a quitter.
    BUT
    If the owners get silly with Powell and his team, then there ought to be ructions.
  • Look at the window another way; we haven't sold anyone
  • DeeBee said:

Look at the window another way; we haven't sold anyone

Not 1st July yet.
  • DeeBee said:

Look at the window another way; we haven't sold anyone

Not 1st July yet.
    that hasn't stopped a lot of Clubs. The window is a load of old bull. You can sell a player BUT they can't play for the new Club until the window opens. So, to clarify, you can sell before 1st July.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!