Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• seth plum said:

The only depressing feature is if all the squad assembly shenanigans somehow has a detrimental effect on the position of Powell, Dyer and Matthew.

If we have to cut our cloth accordingly then we can make it as positive as possible. A smaller close knit band of brothers, underdogs up against the millionaires, youth players given a go, and maybe progressing faster than others in their generation. We finished ninth last season, with significant spells of absent stars like Yann and Wiggy.

The absolute most important thing is that we survive, and avoid administration, if we survive relegation too then job done. It seems like we are financially lurching from pillar to post, season ticket money here, awaiting TV money there, selling plaques, trimming wages, looking for gate income and so on. It is probably the same at many clubs such as Barnsley or Burnley.

In that context every player is up for sale, and every cost must be controlled. Our (the fans) job is to get real, and get really behind the boys to help them make a little go a long way.

This
  • Had a dream Aston villa signed solly for 8 million. Never had a premonition dream before so think nothing of it
  • Is the window actually closed at the mo. Thought 1st July was just when contracts typically expire.

Got to say that with no sales and a few signed back up plus the arrival of Gower we are not far off a decent team.

If we can keep what we have, add a couple of strikers and a RW player we have an outside chance of play offs IMO.

Everyone needs to relax. Over a number of years now (even before the new board) how many players have we actually known about before they signed....these things are regularly done on the qt.
  • Wednesday (sorry, massives to you lot) have given Llera another years contract, thought I'd let you know seeing how much he was loved down there.
  • Another one we miss out on!!!!!
  • Wednesday (sorry, massives to you lot) have given Llera another years contract, thought I'd let you know seeing how much he was loved down there.

Congrats and best wishes to El Donko' .

Wasn't 100% sure he had the subtlety and skill to meet Massive's expectations for next season in the Championship but there you are.
  • the aim, apparently, the PL. Investment doesn't seem forthcoming. Meanwhile Slater will be funding the Club with 1 million a month. I can see it all ending in tears.

Believe, Large .Believe !

• Well said Seth nice post

Good to see they are still aiming high. I must admit i was shocked and a little upset not to see them linked with Rooney and Tevez.

When do you're whole squad get back from the Confederation Cup piggy?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2013
    In response to that Gayle to Palace I've heard the fee is around £6m.

Surely that's gotta make everyone feel better about palace doing it the *right* way :)

Also saw some stuff on Twitter about possibly signing Kevin Phillips? I'd happily take him.
  • Haynes to millwall
  • @accordingtoaldo: Danny Haynes was at #millwall training ground today to meet Lomas but not heard that it's a done deal yet. One to watch over the weekend.
  • That would disappoint me. Obviously only based on wages if he joins them though.
  • Shittu's going to love training
  • I wouldn't be surprised if Danny ended up at the den unfortunately.

That said, wasn't there a bit of issue with his twitter escapade after millwall away last season? Reports of racial abuse and so on...
  • @accordingtoaldo: Danny Haynes was at #millwall training ground today to meet Lomas but not heard that it's a done deal yet. One to watch over the weekend.

That will piss me off if it comes about.

• WSSWSS
    edited June 2013
    Bubble said:

Shittu's going to love training

Easiest training ever for Danny S if the game at The Valley is anything to go by.

• Tbf to Haynes if he isn't offered a another deal by anyone else he'll have no choice but I doubt he'll be thrilled to end up there

Maybe he'll reduce his wages and come back here
  • Said this a while ago
  • Sponsored links:

• Gary O'Neill has agreed terms, passed a medical & will re-sign for W Ham on Monday.
    Sanchez Watt has signed a 2 year deal with Colchester.
    Steve Morison has definitely signed a season long loan with Millwall (I know this was posted earlier).
  • Kalifa Cisse is thought to be on his way back to England, following previous spells with Reading and Bristol City, and The Valley could be his destination.

However, in order to sign the midfielder Charlton will have to fend off interest from London rivals Millwall as well as that from Watford and Middlesbrough.

Since leaving England the 29-year-old has enjoyed a successful spell with New England Revolution in the MLS but its reported that he has a release clause allowing him to leave the American outfit for a "bargain price".
  • Since leaving England the 29-year-old has enjoyed a successful spell with New England Revolution in the MLS but its reported that he has a release clause allowing him to leave the American outfit for a "bargain price".

According to the New England Revolution OS:
    http://www.revolutionsoccer.net/players/kalifa-cisse

He has played only six games since signing for them. Hardly successful...
  • Some journo is saying that Donnie and us are very interested in Nahki Wells.
  • @Official_Haynes: Woke up this morning thinking that yesterday was such a productive day. The phone call I received was life changing! Pray and give thanks (posted today)
  • cfgs said:

Some journo is saying that Donnie and us are very interested in Nahki Wells.

According to Wiki, Nahki Wells' first clubs were Dandy Town Hornets and Bermuda Hogges. Highly respectable strike rate at Bradford City: 28 goals in 72 games. How tall is he?

• cfgs said:

Some journo is saying that Donnie and us are very interested in Nahki Wells.

Would be well happy with that
  • Wells would be a quality acquisition him and kerm would be perfect.
  • Loads of free transfers in tomorrow....... hopefully.
  • Bradford would want a ridiculous fee for Wells, so even if we are interested we soon won't be.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!