Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• However disappointing it might be, Palace's promotion wasn't gained by splashing vast sums of money. A few sensible signings, and giving youth players a chance is a much more realistic way of running a club than splashing the money on big names in the hope of buying promotion.
  • However disappointing it might be, Palace's promotion wasn't gained by splashing vast sums of money. A few sensible signings, and giving youth players a chance is a much more realistic way of running a club than splashing the money on big names in the hope of buying promotion.

I hope our youth can handle the pressure should we not be trying to strengthen. For years we have heard how good our youth are; cousins, poyet, Osborne, azeez, ajayi, jordan, fox. Maybe this year they will be given opportunities to shine. This potential takeover was probably slowing everything down transfer wise now that's not happening things will start moving again and I would rather our squad was strengthened wisely.

Personally I believe we have a plan b and we are trying to recruit, it will just take time frustrating as it is for us to wait for news. None will be big money signings as we simply can't afford it.

There is no way powell believes we can start the season with just kermorgant and bwp as experienced strikers.

I'm all for giving youth a go. Will be interesting to see who plays on Saturday.
  • Anyway this is a rumours thread ;-)
  • Bristol City have turned down bids from 2 championship clubs for Albert Adomah on sky sports. Rumour is it's probably not us!
  • Bristol City have turned down bids from 2 championship clubs for Albert Adomah on sky sports. Rumour is it's probably not us!

Thats more like it haha
  • Madz said:

However disappointing it might be, Palace's promotion wasn't gained by splashing vast sums of money. A few sensible signings, and giving youth players a chance is a much more realistic way of running a club than splashing the money on big names in the hope of buying promotion.

I hope our youth can handle the pressure should we not be trying to strengthen. For years we have heard how good our youth are; cousins, poyet, Osborne, azeez, ajayi, jordan, fox. Maybe this year they will be given opportunities to shine. This potential takeover was probably slowing everything down transfer wise now that's not happening things will start moving again and I would rather our squad was strengthened wisely.

Personally I believe we have a plan b and we are trying to recruit, it will just take time frustrating as it is for us to wait for news. None will be big money signings as we simply can't afford it.

There is no way powell believes we can start the season with just kermorgant and bwp as experienced strikers.

I'm all for giving youth a go. Will be interesting to see who plays on Saturday.

BWP has gone,it has not been officially announced yet.
  • Sign him up! 9 year anniversary coming up.
  • Brentford have signed Will Grigg from Walsall.
  • Charlton related FR

01 Jul 2013 11:58:46
    Charlton are set to sign left midfielder Elliot grandin following the release from Blackpool.

Some which might amuse about the next career move of Mr Murphy

01 Jul 2013 11:22:37
    Former Liverpool Midfielder Danny Murphy is set to sign a 1 year contract with Tranmere Rovers following his agreed release from Blackburn Rovers

01 Jul 2013 10:55:02
    Millwall to offer Danny Murphy the chance to move back to London after the veteran midfielder left Blackburn.
  • Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

Madz said:

However disappointing it might be, Palace's promotion wasn't gained by splashing vast sums of money. A few sensible signings, and giving youth players a chance is a much more realistic way of running a club than splashing the money on big names in the hope of buying promotion.

BWP has gone,it has not been officially announced yet.
    Even more so then
  • I would be over the moon with Grandin but I can't see it happening
  • Im in two minds about Murphy, he was good with us but left too soon. He's now a getting old too so would rather we signed someone for the future as we have just signed a 34yo in Mark Gower in a similar position. Doubt well be after him anyway
  • four days to the first pre season game and 1 senior striker in the building. CP wanted to get his business done early. Takeover rumours. All equals CP being fucked around again.
  • Blackburn in a bit of trouble maybe?
  • Blackburn in a bit of trouble maybe?

Actually everything about them this summer suggests sensible decisions, rather than the shambles of the last few years. I'm sure it won't last though...

four days to the first pre season game and 1 senior striker in the building. CP wanted to get his business done early. Takeover rumours. All equals CP being fucked around again.

Yes, I imagine Powell wanted to do his business in early June before his Turkish course.
  • We have signed Simeon Jackson.FACT.WIll be announced by Wednesday.You heard it here.
  • Really hope so
  • cafc4life said:

We have signed Simeon Jackson.FACT.WIll be announced by Wednesday.You heard it here.

Dont believe you!
  • if true I'd be very happy with that
  • Sponsored links:

• Not on the O/S etc etc etc

I'll believe it when i see it
  • Heinz Daddies or HP?
  • Simon Francis signs 3 yr contract at Bournemouth. Ye Gods !!

How does he do it?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was their player of the year last season.

• I would be absolutely delighted with Jackson just can't see it
  • Why Wednesday then?
  • Brentford have signed Will Grigg from Walsall.

From Wiki - I like the last line.

According to some sources Grigg was being watched by English Premier Division side Aston Villa in 2013, with the potential for a move in the summer of 2013. He also won the Player of the Season and Players' Player of the Season awards at Walsall on 28 April 2013, becoming the club's top scorer with 20 goals as well.

On the 1st July 2013, despite being offered a lucrative four year deal to stay at Walsall F.C., it was announced Grigg had signed for Brentford F.C. for the money. Due to walsall being a shithole and going no where .

• Why Wednesday then?

Because it's a massive signing ;-)
  • edited July 2013

Simon Francis signs 3 yr contract at Bournemouth. Ye Gods !!

He was their player of the year last season.

I wont settle for anything less that a 5-0 win for us on the opening day then
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!