Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• a cple of trialists maybe a cple of loans in and a cple of the kids------------just gotta get on with it.
  • Scoham said:

Can't see us signing Jackson. He's this years Baldock. Probably slightly overrated and will go elsewhere and score about 10 goals.

Not true.
    It's a prediction? 38 Champ apps (18 as sub) is good but only one season. Could be turn out to be brilliant but he's hardly proven at this level over several seasons.
  • Scoham said:

Can't see us signing Jackson. He's this years Baldock. Probably slightly overrated and will go elsewhere and score about 10 goals.

Not true.
    An opinion is not true?
  • An opinon is true as is scohams opinion on jackson mine is the same

Good player but being very overated by some based on his stats
  • An opinon is true as is scohams opinion on jackson mine is the same

Good player but being very overated by some based on his stats

95 League goals in 178 goals is none too shabby?
  • How many in champiinship
  • edited July 2013
    Stats hardly tell the whole story. Yann scored 1 in 20 in the championship before he came to us.
  • Also what was Obika's goals per game ratio like in the Championship, before we signed him?
  • Not a rumour: But ex-Addick Osei Sankofa has joined Steve Brown's Ebbsfleet...
  • Jackson signed for Norwich on 15 July 2010, signing a two-year contract with the club, with the option for another year,[12] in a deal which saw striker Cody McDonald move to Gillingham on loan. He was given the number 10 jersey upon his arrival at the club. He made his debut for the club in a 3–2 home loss to Watford on 6 August 2010. He scored his first goal for the club against Swansea City on 21 August. Manager Paul Lambert has been using Jackson as an impact substitute due to the form and partnership of Grant Holt and Chris Martin. Jackson was given a start against Bristol City, and scored a brace, with a goal in each half at Ashton Gate.[13] Jackson started the next four games again, in favour of Martin.[14] He scored his fourth goal of the season in the 1–0 win over Middlesbrough on 23 October. After a few months of mostly coming in as a substitute again, on 2 April 2011, Jackson scored his first hat-trick for Norwich, coming on as a substitute and scoring three times in the last twenty minutes of the match against Scunthorpe United at Carrow Road.[15] He went on to score the goal that clinched Norwich's promotion to the Premier League, a late winner against Portsmouth.
    Jackson made his Premier League debut on 21 August 2011, as a second-half substitute for Chris Martin in the second game of the season against Stoke City, the game finished with a Kenwyne Jones stoppage time header which resulted in a 1–1 home draw for Norwich.[16] Following his Premier League debut, Jackson began to struggle finding minutes in the team, he did not play a minute of football in the league until 1 October as a second half sub against Manchester United.[17] Jackson made his first start in the Premier League on 26 November in a 2–1 victory over Queens Park Rangers, this was the first time a Canadian international had started in the Premier League since David Edgar on 24 May 2009 with Burnley.[18] Jackson scored his first Premier League goal on 20 December against Wolverhampton Wanderers when he converted a Steve Morison cross one minute after being subbed on.[19] Jackson came on as a second half sub against Fulham on 31 December and scored the game tying goal in second half injury time to earn a 1–1 home draw.[20] In the fourth round of the FA Cup in late January Norwich was drawn against West Bromwich Albion, Jackson came off the bench in the 65th minute with the game being tied at 1–1 and scored the winning goal in the 85th to take the Canaries into the fifth round.[21] After failing to make an appearance for almost a month Jackson returned to the starting line up in a 3–3 away draw on 5 May against Arsenal.[22] The following week, Jackson was given the start again in the final game of the season against Aston Villa, the game ended in a 2–0 home victory with Jackson and Grant Holt as the scorers.[23] Jackson finished the 2011–12 campaign for Norwich having made 22 appearances, starting in 10 of those. He scored three goals and registered two assists, with 34 shots on goal in his debut Premier League season. The club took up the option to extend Jackson's contract for another year in June 2012, along with David Fox and Elliott Ward. On 25 August 2012 he scored his first goal of the new season in a 1–1 draw at home to Queens Park Rangers.[24] At the end of the season, Jackson was released by Norwich, having struggled to find minutes during his second year in the top flight.[25]
  • Sponsored links:

• 17 goals for Norwich between 2010 - 2013 in 73 appearances.
  • So in just under 2 seasons 17 goals not exactly wet your pants prolific

I think he will be a good addition and i would hope he could perfom well for us and get a run of consistant starts but there is no way we will get obika and jackson neither will want to be third striker at this stage in careers for different reasons

So keep expectatiins real
  • Rob62 said:

Scoham said:

Not true.
    An opinion is not true?
    Was clearly joking. No one knows what will happen.
  • So in just under 2 seasons 17 goals not exactly wet your pants prolific

I think he will be a good addition and i would hope he could perfom well for us and get a run of consistant starts but there is no way we will get obika and jackson neither will want to be third striker at this stage in careers for different reasons

So keep expectatiins real

I don't think any player wants to be that third striker, great to have competition.
  • Third striker? In the past we have had plenty of turd strikers.
  • edited July 2013
    Has anyone other than cafc4life had any inside info on us signing Jackson?
  • Personally I think it is a load of tosh.
  • dickplumb said:

Personally I think it is a load of tosh.

Agreed.There is nothing in it whatsoever.
  • cfgs said:

Third striker? In the past we have had plenty of turd strikers.

So you're Irish, cfgs ?

• Sponsored links:

• Someone has to sign Simeon Jackson, so why not us?
  • Lack of money?
  • Wouldbt say there is nothing in it i know we contacted him about his future plans but only very top line about 5 weeks ago

However i do not know if we have contacted him since or how those talks progressed but we did make contact with either him or hiss representives that is certain
  • I dont know why but got a sneaky feeling this one may happen.
  • Crystal Palace interested in Jonjo Shelvey

See Guardian article posted this morning on the Jonjo Shelvey thread.

don't worry it's already sorted where he's going and it ain't Palarse

Pass me the chunder bag!

Pass me the chunder bag!

??
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!