Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• edited July 2013

People need to chill out at the moment. Still plenty of time yet.

If the takeover has collapsed then we may now start to make plans regarding getting players in something which would not be done during DD.

Not many clubs making loads of signings as of yet so not just us.

Agree.

While there was a possibility of a takeover we would have been lining up people from the A list.

Now I guess we're ringing back the B list.

Jackson and Obika have still to sign for anyone. Remember Fuller didn't sign until 22 August last summer, after the season had begun
    yes but when Fuller signed we didn't just have Kermy to rely on. Even if we accept Smith will fill the fourth striker berth we still need another two.

If we once again sign a striker in late August we won't have just Kerm to rely on, we WILL have signed other strikers.
  • luke1 said:

Liverpool accept 6 mil offer for Jonjo.. Will we get a slice of that? & if so does anyone know how much?

Joking aside - Swansea is probably as good as place as anywhere for someone with a tidy passing game
  • Rob62 said:

If the takeover has collapsed then we may now start to make plans regarding getting players in something which would not be done during DD.

Agree.

While there was a possibility of a takeover we would have been lining up people from the A list.

Jackson and Obika have still to sign for anyone. Remember Fuller didn't sign until 22 August last summer, after the season had begun
    yes but when Fuller signed we didn't just have Kermy to rely on. Even if we accept Smith will fill the fourth striker berth we still need another two.

If we once again sign a striker in late August we won't have just Kerm to rely on, we WILL have signed other strikers.
    say we sign two on 30th August. If they have been without a Club then I'd doubt they would have had a proper pre season. Three weeks to get them fit and it's nearly end of September. Kermy gets injured first game, we are stuffed. An unlikely scenario maybe but we need bodies in asap. It's important and shapes your season.

• Rob62 said:

Agree.

say we sign two on 30th August. If they have been without a Club then I'd doubt they would have had a proper pre season. Three weeks to get them fit and it's nearly end of September. Kermy gets injured first game, we are stuffed. An unlikely scenario maybe but we need bodies in asap. It's important and shapes your season.

You're worrying about a totally hypothetical scenario that the club will not allow to be reality!
  • nla, show these people your big balls. Too many worrier's.
  • Rob62 said:

Rob62 said:

Agree.

You're worrying about a totally hypothetical scenario that the club will not allow to be reality!
    and you know that how exactly?

• edited July 2013

Rob62 said:

Rob62 said:

Agree.

and you know that how exactly?

You seriously think that the club could start the season with only one or two strikers? The owners may be short on funds but they aren't stupid.

If you are genuinely going to spend time worrying about fictitious scenarios you've imagined then I don't know what to say to you.
  • I've been thinking about it and another scenario has crossed my mind.

What if, on the first day of the season, we side a team with one striker; Kermo. He plays well for 45 minutes and at half time everyone is thinking "Oh, you know what? This season might not be so bad afterall". He does indeed go down injured, and as everyone is looks quizzically to the subs bench... a giant f*cking asteroid comes down and blows us all to buggery?
  • Like a playground in here, wheres Nathan?
  • Every summer, every fecking summer large and golfie do this. : - )

Even the summer we signed 20 player they worried about the players being signed in the wrong order ie we'd signed defenders but needed strikers and when we signed strikers we really needed midfielders.

Worry about it when if and when it happens.

Although Luckyreds asteroid prediction has got me looking out the window just in case : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2013

No peculiar faces in training!

Also, twitter is still buzzing about Haynes to Millwall Rumours. Which is peculiar, as one of the most read articles on the newsshopper website recently is from December, about Haynes tweeting regarding racist abuse at the Den.. (Just realised, he was seen at their training ground)

Oh, apparently Charlton vs Millwall will be on Sky?

Like a playground in here, wheres Nathan?

At work...
  • Twitter rumour - CAFC have made approach with swansea for Lita.
  • QPR have bid for Scott Parker apparently
  • Twitter rumour - CAFC have made approach with swansea for Lita.

God hope that is just a rumour

• The asteroid story hasn't appeared on Football Rumours yet so there may be some truth in it!
  • The asteroid story hasn't appeared on Football Rumours yet so there may be some truth in it!

I'm blatantly ITK as you can see ;)
  • edited July 2013

Twitter rumour - CAFC have made approach with swansea for Lita.

God hope that is just a rumour

Chas & Dave to you & Golfie .............

"There ain't no pleasing you" :-)
  • a DFS leather suite has become available.
  • I'd take Lita back. Why not?
  • Sponsored links:

• past it imo and scraping the bottom of the barrel

6 goals in 17 for a poor Wednesday side last season.
  • has simeon jackson been announced yet?

he did us last season!
  • has simeon jackson been announced yet?

Not sure, but @cafc4life may know more.

• He will not be announced for us
  • When is Jackson signing?
    Is it this Wednesday, next Wednesday or for Sheffield Wednesday?
  • I do hope this isn't just a load of Jackson Pollocks!
  • DustyRed said:

When is Jackson signing?
    Is it this Wednesday, next Wednesday or for Sheffield Wednesday?

more chance of Bianca Jackson signing

• Noel Hunt gone to Leeds
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!