Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• does that mean we will also be signing Shakin' Stephens?
  • On top of this can also save money by getting Ainsley Harriott in as player/chef
  • And MC Hamer can do the half-time pitch-side announcements.
  • We could get Jordan in. She counts for two up front
  • Bradley Wiggins will be our marquee signing this summer
  • Oh great. Cue 100 crap gags on player's names on the rumours thread.
  • David Gower would be a cut above the rest, and might help our promotion drive, and pull us up the table.
  • It'll be Tito Jackson.
  • Dizzle said:

We could get Jordan in. She counts for two up front

Love it! It's a pity that this new policy means we won't be signing Sylan Ebanks-Blake, but I'm looking forward to seeing Harold Wilson shuffling up the wing, pipe in mouth, wearing his Gannex mac.

• Sponsored links:

• Charlton looking at a loan move for Alex Pritchard from Spurs
  • Jenson Button rumoured as well, fed up with the tyre fiasco and wants to change sports.
  • Grant Holt available on loan
  • Grant Holt available on loan

He would be a game changer at this level
  • Would say to sign Michael Jackson as a striker, but he's done nothing in the box since 2009.
  • getting worrying now to me. first pre season two days away and one senior striker. midfield still a problem too. another ch needed, another lb too imo. no substantial rumours either. i feel we have not got the pot to wee in and because of the low wages on offer will get the dregs towards the end of august that nobody else wants. love to be proved wrong but can't see it. as it stands if we stay up next season i'll be happy.
  • Think i just see Jackson driving down charlton church lane and the takeover will be finalised next week, nice try AB with the smoke screen.
  • edited July 2013
    Distinct lack of firm transfer business from CAFC so far this summer and I think it points to us having to rely heavily on the U21's this season. Wouldn't be surprised to see Feeley and/or Ajayi step into the squad as CB's, Fox as the LB cover, Jordan as part of the midfield squad and Smith and/or Piggot to cover the strikers positions.

The club invested heavily in the academy last year and the powers that be will want to see a return on that investment sooner rather than later.

If clubs like Palace can get promoted from this division following that model then why not us. I do admit though that there has to be a balance of experienced pros to help bring the youngsters along and would take a few seasons at least.
  • The transfer market in general has been quiet. Too early to panic yet.
  • I have kept my counsel until now, but what is worrying me is that we let a couple of half decent strikers go (Haynes & BWP) who couldn't have been on mega money and currently haven't signed anyone. Everyone knows that decent strikers cost money, so if we aint got any to spend surely it would be better to keep the ones we had, rather than let them go and, like Large says, end up picking up the dregs (which are bound to be worse) come early august.

I'm going to Welling on sat and I'm going to be quite vocal if all there is upfront is Kermy and mat Smith.

• Sponsored links:

• who is mat smith? is he a trialist?
  • Better get the Lisserin ready then
  • People need to chill out at the moment. Still plenty of time yet.

If the takeover has collapsed then we may now start to make plans regarding getting players in something which would not be done during DD.

Not many clubs making loads of signings as of yet so not just us.

• Distinct lack of firm transfer business from CAFC so far this summer and I think it points to us having to rely heavily on the U21's this season. Wouldn't be surprised to see Feeley and/or Ajayi step into the squad as CB's, Fox as the LB cover, Jordan as part of the midfield squad and Smith and/or Piggot to cover the strikers positions.

The club invested heavily in the academy last year and the powers that be will want to see a return on that investment sooner rather than later.

If clubs like Palace can get promoted from this division following that model then why not us. I do admit though that there has to be a balance of experienced pros to help bring the youngsters along and would take a few seasons at least.

Palace had Murray and penalties thou massive difference, kermo not going to be as prolific.
  • edited July 2013

People need to chill out at the moment. Still plenty of time yet.

If the takeover has collapsed then we may now start to make plans regarding getting players in something which would not be done during DD.

Agree.

While there was a possibility of a takeover we would have been lining up people from the A list.

Now I guess we're ringing back the B list.

Jackson and Obika have still to sign for anyone. Remember Fuller didn't sign until 22 August last summer, after the season had begun
  • Liverpool accept 6 mil offer for Jonjo.. Will we get a slice of that? & if so does anyone know how much?
  • edited July 2013
    An important point to make for all of those getting concerned. This summer we released:

Wagstaff, Hollands, BWP, Fuller, Haynes, Taylor, Kerkar

Not ONE of these players has yet to sign for a club. I think that shows that it's not just us who are keeping our cards close to our chest for the moment.

Another point to bring a bit of perspective - in signing Gower we have made more signings than a large number of Championship clubs who finished below us last year.

The season is still over a month away. We will be signing players. Obviously takeover talk will have muddied the waters a little, and Powell may be once again in limbo unsure of what realistic targets are. That would be very regrettable, but it was the case last year and we had a very good season all in all. If in 4 weeks there are no new additions then fine, i'll be concerned too, but right now such concern is premature.
  • luke1 said:

Liverpool accept 6 mil offer for Jonjo.. Will we get a slice of that? & if so does anyone know how much?

yes, see other thread, about 375k approx

• People need to chill out at the moment. Still plenty of time yet.

Agree.

While there was a possibility of a takeover we would have been lining up people from the A list.

Now I guess we're ringing back the B list.

Jackson and Obika have still to sign for anyone. Remember Fuller didn't sign until 22 August last summer, after the season had begun
    yes but when Fuller signed we didn't just have Kermy to rely on. Even if we accept Smith will fill the fourth striker berth we still need another two.

• luke1 said:

Liverpool accept 6 mil offer for Jonjo.. Will we get a slice of that? & if so does anyone know how much?

3 shirt buttons and a packet of Pork Scratchings for every £1m above the initial transfer fee. I think. But don't quote me on that

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!