Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• I can personally see our strikeforce being

Yann
    Hulse / DNG - Either of them on a 1 year deal (free transfer, know the squad, knows Powell, may not be as bad as some think)
    Obika season long loan with view to permanent move
    Micheal Smith - Considered not ready by many but we wouldn't have sent him out on loan to L1 sides if we didn't rate him. In Powell we trust.

Azeez - Made a first team appearance last year will be looking to push on. Can see him going on loan for the first month or two.
    Joe Pigott - Really pushed on last year but will need to get some first team experience behind him. (going out on loan at the start of season for a month or two)

Anyone that thinks we will be getting Jackson, Baldock or players of similar ilk are going to be dissapointed I feel.
  • I can't believe Simeon has let us down like this, all talk that bloke. How many people have lost money pre-ordering the new shirt with his name on the back?!

I for one will be booing him when he appears at The Valley for the opposition next season, the Due South loving mug.
  • People need to chill out at the moment. Still plenty of time yet.

If the takeover has collapsed then we may now start to make plans regarding getting players in something which would not be done during DD.

Not many clubs making loads of signings as of yet so not just us.

yes, but I don't expect many clubs are currently going into pre-season with just 1 recognised striker. (can't really count Michael Smith as he hasn't played above League 2 yet)

• yes, but I don't expect many clubs are currently going into pre-season with just 1 recognised striker. (can't really count Michael Smith as he hasn't played above League 2 yet)

Michael Smith played for Colchester last season, in League One.

If the takeover has collapsed then we may now start to make plans regarding getting players in something which would not be done during DD.

yes, but I don't expect many clubs are currently going into pre-season with just 1 recognised striker. (can't really count Michael Smith as he hasn't played above League 2 yet)

there is no way we will not add 1 or 2 forwards though. I would rather wait to get the right players in than grab at anything.

Can't you give the misery guts act a rest just for one day?

Do you really think that we are going to start the season with just Yann Kermorgant up front?

If the delay in getting in reinforcements was a consequence of a takeover (and there was no evidence either way that it was the cause) then there is a whole month to do something about it before the season starts.

• So Jackson signing was a wind up then, great!
  • RedPanda said:

I can't believe Simeon has let us down like this, all talk that bloke. How many people have lost money pre-ordering the new shirt with his name on the back?!

I for one will be booing him when he appears at The Valley for the opposition next season, the Due South loving mug.

Just cross the 'S' off and replace it with a 'J'.
  • "Jimeon"?
  • Sponsored links:

• heavenSE7 said:
    You cheeky person, you.
  • Just looked at sky sports transfer centre! All these good players signing for other clubs ie forrester to Donny is just of the players i would have loved to have had at charlton!
  • You've got to laugh at the BBC Charlton page. The headline says:

"Redknapp starts against Sheff Wed

Harry Redknapp's QPR kick off their Championship season at home to Sheffield Wednesday, while Wigan travel to Barnsley."

I know it's all quiet in the West Stand and Golfie's getting rather upset - but you'd think the BBC would find something to write, like Powell and 2 members of his management team have been on a training course in Turkey, or whatever.

I mean we've even had the pitch relaid.
  • Oggy Red said:

You've got to laugh at the BBC Charlton page. The headline says:

Harry Redknapp's QPR kick off their Championship season at home to Sheffield Wednesday, while Wigan travel to Barnsley."

I know it's all quiet in the West Stand and Golfie's getting rather upset - but you'd think the BBC would find something to write, like Powell and 2 members of his management team have been on a training course in Turkey, or whatever.

They even have us down as having 5 strikers in the squad! I'd like to know which person edits all this info!
  • edited July 2013

Oggy Red said:

You've got to laugh at the BBC Charlton page. The headline says:

They even have us down as having 5 strikers in the squad! I'd like to know which person edits all this info!
    Shooters Hill Guru is responsible for signing strikers.

SHG, can you edit the BBC site for them, pls?

;o)
  • Charlton new signings dept PC

• If its the same cafc4life I remember then I would not believe it for a second.
  • Crystal Palace have completed the signing of striker Dwight Gayle from Peterborough United for £4.5m.

The 22-year-old has signed a four-year contract with Palace and is looking forward to working with boss Ian Holloway.
  • Crystal Palace have completed the signing of striker Dwight Gayle from Peterborough United for £4.5m.

The 22-year-old has signed a four-year contract with Palace and is looking forward to working with boss Ian Holloway.

I've said it before .. the new Defoe .. he could be a snip even at 4+1/2 million
  • Potential to rise to £8.5 million. Madness
  • Sponsored links:

He'll only be working with him for a few months.
  • Ross said:

Potential to rise to £8.5 million. Madness

parachute money has distorted all sense of perspective in the premier
  • Ross said:

Potential to rise to £8.5 million. Madness

Agreed. If that is what the thick end of 10 million buys you these days then I'd prefer we stuck to the free transfers thanks very much.

• Even if they get relegated with 0 points they will earn £130m, pocket money
  • From FR

03 Jul 2013 13:18:05
    Simeon Jackson On his way to Charlton, 2 yr deal with an option of a 3rd total of 8k per week, goal bonus's and man of the match bonus clauses are on his contract to balance out the negotiations because Jackson wanted 10k a week.

Charlton are also set to sign obika on a 2 yr deal on a more modest 3k a week with a clause to make it 6 if he totals 40 appearances

charlton are also in the market for a young unknown talent on loan to be the 4th striker in the team.

no new midfielders will be signed as diego poyet is going to be given a run out this season and danny hollands will stay.

Defender news. no new left back as yet to cover wiggins so presumably when wiggins gets injured solly will be on the left again while wilson covers rb. FR

• Essex_Al said:

From FR

Simeon Jackson On his way to Charlton, 2 yr deal with an option of a 3rd total of 8k per week, goal bonus's and man of the match bonus clauses are on his contract to balance out the negotiations because Jackson wanted 10k a week.

Charlton are also set to sign obika on a 2 yr deal on a more modest 3k a week with a clause to make it 6 if he totals 40 appearances

charlton are also in the market for a young unknown talent on loan to be the 4th striker in the team.

no new midfielders will be signed as diego poyet is going to be given a run out this season and danny hollands will stay.

Defender news. no new left back as yet to cover wiggins so presumably when wiggins gets injured solly will be on the left again while wilson covers rb. FR

Hope so but it's football rumours so probably rubbish. Keeping the faith
  • Fairly sure I could pop over to Football Rumours and write Charlton to sign Messi...so I won't hold my breath on any of that.
  • Essex_Al said:

From FR

I know this is just the usual Football Rumours nonsense, and pretty much a regurgitation of what's been said here - but the highlighted bit stood out.

Danny Hollands... Why wasn't he released with the others? Kerkar, Waggy, Fuller, Ceddy, Haynes... They all actually played a part in our season, quite a large part.

Am I the only one a little confused as to why Hollands hasn't followed suit?
  • edited July 2013
    LuckyReds said:

Essex_Al said:

From FR

I know this is just the usual Football Rumours nonsense, and pretty much a regurgitation of what's been said here - but the highlighted bit stood out.

Danny Hollands... Why wasn't he released with the others? Kerkar, Waggy, Fuller, Ceddy, Haynes... They all actually played a part in our season, quite a large part.

Am I the only one a little confused as to why Hollands hasn't followed suit?
    There was an interview with him on the OS towards the end of the season where he stated that he had been poor all season and really regretted not being able to make the step up. However he said that he felt like he was settled here and that he really wanted to push on next season and break into the team. Plus he has a year left on his contract to so SCP is probably giving him a year to prove himself.
  • Hollands still has a year on his contract I believe
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!