Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FM 2013

edited May 2013 in Not Sports Related
Can't find a thread on it. Who's playing?

Started as Charlton, 18 games in and 8th place. Didn't manage to make hardly any signings due to nobody wanting to sign any of my players.

Kermogant, Wilson, Solly and Pritchard seem to be the heros in the team. Just lost 6-2 to Palace. That was a low point.

Struggling to find a tactic that doesn't consistently ship goals.

Anyone got any tips? Cheap players to sign?

Comments

• Options
    Will be downloading after my final exam today :)
  • Options
    FM Base helps a lot, I got a few tips off of there, you have to be tactically clued up to succeed
  • Options
    What is FM 2013 ?
  • Options
    Im hooked on this game right now, has anyone downloaded faces,kit,logo packs ?
    Also thread here: http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/1363043/#Comment_1363043
  • Options
    I'm about to start my first league game on it. Signed Litmanen and some other strikers before realising Kermorgant is the best of the lot (including a delicious hat-trick against Welling in the 0-6 friendly)

Signed some young chap - 18 year old centre half who has a lot of potential.

And a holding midfielder called Lingazi - or something similar - he seems pretty reasonable
  • Options
    Also this was me after 27 games first season .
  • Options
    I see you've been playing Haynes and Green. Haynes has pretty poor stats but he's done well in the few games I've given him. Been playing Wilson on the right instead of Green, maybe I'll give them both a go.

Indeed it seems the days of just being able to download a tactic are gone.
  • Options

Not very realistic is it!
  • Options
    Im in 2016 on my game.

Got us to the Prem. Currently 8th
  • Options
    Bought this when it came out but have only spent approx 3-4 hrs on it. Too wrapped up in FM12 online multi-player with mates and my Level 11 game, taking the mighty Fleet leisure up 10 divisions from the Kent county league premier division all the way to winning the premiership and champions league.

I keep promising myself I'll give this version a good run soon.........................
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    finished the first season but had to retire, that game takes up far to much time
  • Options
    Managed to win the Playoffs in my first season, then 2nd season survived by a point, 3rd I finished midtable, then 4th I finished 5th and qualified for the Europa League. I won my group which contained AC Milan!!! Solly is class on the game.
  • Options
    Gave it a good go, but it's not a patch on FM2012 for me. At least the version I had was riddled with bugs, and generally they changed stuff I didn't think needed changing. Saying that me and tangoflash often notice little blips in 2012 as well. Like players requesting a transfer because they want first team football when they've played the last 8 games in a row, and players asking to leave when they've already agreed to a free transfer at the end of the season. But generally I think the whole experience of FM12 is better.

I'll stick to our online multi-player *cough 2nd in the prem with charlton* .
  • Options

Bought this when it came out but have only spent approx 3-4 hrs on it. Too wrapped up in FM12 online multi-player with mates and my Level 11 game, taking the mighty Fleet leisure up 10 divisions from the Kent county league premier division all the way to winning the premiership and champions league.

I keep promising myself I'll give this version a good run soon.........................

Wow, that sounds real great. I always liked to build and develop, though I never really got into playing FM - I might start a bit this summer, when the exams are over! Just out of curiosity, what is your current squad with Fleet?

• Options

Ha ha with me in charge anything is possible ;) but im now with QPR in the championship, Charlton sacked me 10 games in PL, has left a bitter taste to be honest.
  • Options
    http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=7801 - Looks like someone has created a level 11 patch for FM 2013, I might give this a go tonight alongside my CAFC game.

I have edited the database, in my CAFC save, to make Callum Harriott more realistic (before he was league 2 quality) at least he can contribute in the championship now.
  • Options
    Jdredsox said:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=7801 - Looks like someone has created a level 11 patch for FM 2013, I might give this a go tonight alongside my CAFC game.

I have edited the database, in my CAFC save, to make Callum Harriott more realistic (before he was league 2 quality) at least he can contribute in the championship now.

What is this level 11 stuff ?
  • Options

Jdredsox said:

What is this level 11 stuff ?
    non-league football
  • Options
    I won the championship first season, then finished 12th place in the prem. Now in my third season the board game me a 25m budget and i'm currently 4th just before Christmas.
  • Options
    Effing steam.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ha ha with me in charge anything is possible ;) but im now with QPR in the championship, Charlton sacked me 10 games in PL, has left a bitter taste to be honest.
    I meant the teams around you!
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Im hooked on this game right now, has anyone downloaded faces,kit,logo packs ?
    Also thread here: http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/1363043/#Comment_1363043

Ive got FM12 and have downloaded the kits, logo's and most importantly all the backgrounds.

I have commentary only, so having the stadium your playing in as a background for each game makes it a bit more interesting.
  • Options
    I rigidly stick to a very fluid 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond midfield, if needed can be pled to a more wide thinking midfield or a defensive shutout type strangling formation.

Took Barnet to a few champions league finals and won then getting the boot for finishing 2nd to a rampant Liverpool side that nicked one of my best players when we were still on the march upwards.

Finished my forty year career in Spain with Espanyol winning a cabinet busting 17 la liga titles and countless other glories along the way. I managed about five seasons on a long haul flight to south America last year.

Always play players in their strongest positions and stick by your guns

I was officially classed as addicted before I had to delete the fm2012 from my iPad and enter rehab for this addiction!

Solly became an excellent manager in the lower leagues upon finishing his playing career by the way
  • Options
    What's it better to get on laptop or iPad?
  • Options
    cafc4ever said:

What's it better to get on laptop or iPad?

Laptop !
  • Options
    This game is nigh on impossible.
  • Options
    4-1-2-1-2 has been pretty effective for me. Also always go with Assertive team talks, or aggressive if you are losing at half time. Save passionate for the final whistle.

Mouyokolo is a very good additional CB if you can keep him fit. He's the Danny Haynes of Championship defenders.

I use the classic style tactics as shouts seemed to become less effective with the latest patch. I also move the AM out to the wing and then back down the centre on 15, 30, 45, 60 to keep the AI unsettled, pulls man marking all over the shop and opens the game up for a striker to drop deep or CM to push up.

Solly, Wiggins and Dervite have been my 3 best players, although Fuller has improved since I told him to knuckle down if he wanted to be in the first team.
  • Options
    Have a save for crewe and currently in my second season in the prem with them after finishing 7th with them but didn't get a euro place. Using almost exclusively youth products so the average age of my squad is 20. My striker has played for England a couple of times and midfielder has been called up.

Bought back nick Powell and another youngster I had to sell back for big bucks to balance the budget. That's pretty much all the money I've ever spent in transfers as I'm investing it all in the academy. Been tier 1 since we were in league one.

Building a new stadium ready in a couple of seasons with a capacity of 26,000. Hopefully will continue producing top players and keeping hold of them to eventually become a big club.

Got another save with Real Oviedo and got promoted back into the second tier of Spanish football. Oviedo are a great team to take over as they have a massive (30,000 all seater) stadium whilst all the other teams in my first season had 2-3,000 capacity stadiums. Was a massive benefit having 30,000 fans watching the home leg of our play offs, was like having another couple of players on the pitch. Their striker is also incredible and is a club legend, puts in 100% performances every game, and always has "looking very professional" as his body language on the pitch. He's club captain and influence of 20. Trying to put money into their academy that has produced the likes of michu and mata. Go the same route as my crewe save

Always play a 2-3-2-2-1 formation, so 2 centre halves, 2 wing backs and an anchorman, then two central mids, two wingers and a big man striker. Play the ball on the floor, make sure each individual player has set to "short" passing in player instructions and long shots to "rarely". You get some great football being played, just get your players to work on their defensive set pieces as they'll be dealing with a lot of crosses. Is usually my one downfall, particularly with crewe. Had that problem with them from season one.
  • Options

Have a save for crewe and currently in my second season in the prem with them after finishing 7th with them but didn't get a euro place. Using almost exclusively youth products so the average age of my squad is 20. My striker has played for England a couple of times and midfielder has been called up.

Bought back nick Powell and another youngster I had to sell back for big bucks to balance the budget. That's pretty much all the money I've ever spent in transfers as I'm investing it all in the academy. Been tier 1 since we were in league one.

Building a new stadium ready in a couple of seasons with a capacity of 26,000. Hopefully will continue producing top players and keeping hold of them to eventually become a big club.

Got another save with Real Oviedo and got promoted back into the second tier of Spanish football. Oviedo are a great team to take over as they have a massive (30,000 all seater) stadium whilst all the other teams in my first season had 2-3,000 capacity stadiums. Was a massive benefit having 30,000 fans watching the home leg of our play offs, was like having another couple of players on the pitch. Their striker is also incredible and is a club legend, puts in 100% performances every game, and always has "looking very professional" as his body language on the pitch. He's club captain and influence of 20. Trying to put money into their academy that has produced the likes of michu and mata. Go the same route as my crewe save

Always play a 2-3-2-2-1 formation, so 2 centre halves, 2 wing backs and an anchorman, then two central mids, two wingers and a big man striker. Play the ball on the floor, make sure each individual player has set to "short" passing in player instructions and long shots to "rarely". You get some great football being played, just get your players to work on their defensive set pieces as they'll be dealing with a lot of crosses. Is usually my one downfall, particularly with crewe. Had that problem with them from season one.

Jesus mate, i take it your single ?
  • Options
    30 games in and I'm now 5th and won five in a row.

Biggest difference was giving up trying to create a genius tactic and simply playing players in their best positions and in their best roles. Nothing fancy, and now they're knocking it around like they're Barca.

Bank balance isn't looking too great, even though I've stayed within the wage limit. Hope we don't run the club like that in real life.