Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FM 2013

Comments

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Got some muppet on a match highest earner clause that the club have put in... Any idea how to get rid?

I think the only way is to offer them a new contract without it. I only ever have that clause if I absolutely must, i.e. they're the best player at the club and it's the only way they'll accept an offer.

• Options
    Gone, shifted him on loan to sheff utd...
    Need a good prem striker. Preferably young. Got a massive transfer budget but want to keep wages reasonably tight. Any ideas?
  • Options
    Got 25 million to spend and no fecker wants to come here!
  • Options
    Not sure if you will be able to get either of these but Ademilson and Destro are both young strikers who normally go on to become world class
  • Options
    I wish... I'd be lucky to get edmilson, and he's 40 odd!
  • Options
    Ademilson not interested at all then? Could try Carlos Fierro or Neal Maupay. I got both of those on my Charlton game, can't remember how they did at the start but both turn into pretty decent players
  • Options

Ademilson not interested at all then? Could try Carlos Fierro or Neal Maupay. I got both of those on my Charlton game, can't remember how they did at the start but both turn into pretty decent players

Destro not interested. Ademilson and Fierro both want to come but had bids of 10 million plus turned down for both!
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Destro not interested. Ademilson and Fierro both want to come but had bids of 10 million plus turned down for both!
    Get Exslager. I signed him just as a prospect but he's been my main man up front this season. Not expensive and will go to Charlton. Also if it's your second season, Pizarro should be available on a free. He's still got some skills.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    My team, halfway through second season, 9th in Prem.

GK: Romo

CD: Carvalho
    CD: Kevin Wilson
    CD: Gorkss

CDM: Jedinak / Frimpong

WBL: Wiggins
    WBR: Solly / Femenia

CM: Steven Davis / Stephens
    CM: Diskerud

AMC: Sulejmani / Petrucci

CF: Exslager / Pizarro

This formation will stop dead any team that tries to play up the middle. It's perfect against a team like Man City who play with three AMCs. It is a little vulnerable down the wings. If a team are playing very wide then I'll take a defender off and stick on someone wide right and move Sulejmani wide left. Occasionally I'll swap a CD for a striker and just play two at the back. With the CDM playing anchorman it's effectively still three at the back anyway.
  • Options
    I am a bit of a diehard Football Manager fan. I play as Welling when the game comes out each year because they are (were) in the lowest league possible to play in and I obviously have a soft spot with them...

Once a patch comes out I download lower leagues, usually down to tiers 7/8 and play as a team on there. Currently playing as Greenwich Borough and I am in the BSP. Playing the financial side of the game in the lower leagues is so much more entertaining. Sometimes selling a player really can bankroll a run up a couple of leagues in future season... If the bloody board let you see any of the cash!

Yeah, I need new hobbies.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2013

Third season as manager, highest paid player on 22k, young squad and have only spent a half of my transfer money... Doing something right!
  • Options
    If anyone gets the opportunity to sign Jano do it. Class above, only 21 and managed to tie him down to a 5 year contract!
  • Options
    I have Jano on my Monaco game but don't really use him that much. Any specific position / role to get the best out of him?
  • Options
    Played him predominantly as an attacking midfield left. 6 goals in 8 games and a shed load of assists. Sometimes play him as an advanced playmaker
  • Options
    How likely are players to reach their potential? Just splashed out 10 mill on my record signing of a 16 year old kid and starting to worry lol
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

How likely are players to reach their potential? Just splashed out 10 mill on my record signing of a 16 year old kid and starting to worry lol

As long as you look after them right, yes. Make sure when youre blooding them that you're playing them in games they have a chance of playing well in. Get your senior experienced players with similar attributes/a particular mindset you want from your players to tutor your youngsters. Tutoring's a very underused part of youth development.
  • Options
    and if he's got determination less than 10 he prob won't get there. When I'm scouting for kids (and Tangoflash will tell you that's all I ever scout for) then determination is the first thing I look at.
  • Options

and if he's got determination less than 10 he prob won't get there. When I'm scouting for kids (and Tangoflash will tell you that's all I ever scout for) then determination is the first thing I look at.

Coming from someone who buys up any 16 yr old that has potential, Blackheathaddick has just won the prem in our 5th season (online game) with a team made up virtually of young kids. He puts it down to great scouting, I say he's just too tight to pay the wages......................................
  • Options
    Last night I signed Fede Vico for 10 million.

@Mendonca In Asdas I chanced my luck and he was willing to come. I got Benteke for 6 million!
  • Options

Determination of 13 :)

CAFCsayer said:

As long as you look after them right, yes. Make sure when youre blooding them that you're playing them in games they have a chance of playing well in.
    I've put him straight out on loan at QPR in the champ where he's regarded as an important first team player and is playing every game, problem?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't play 13 really - got a Mac which isn't the greatest for games - so I'm sticking to 11. However my 13 Charlton team is absolutely running itself. Signed Anthony Wordsworth with the bulk of my budget. He's only on my bench. BWP and Yann both scoring. My team is essentially the same as it was in League One - Hamer, Solly, Taylor, Morrison, Wiggins, Green, Hollands, Stephens, Jackson, Yann, BWP. Up in 2nd but two losses could well see me down in 6th or 7th. Quite tight at the top, 19 games played.

Seems to be all about tactics really; keeping it simple works for me. Passing short with a quick tempo, big man-quick man partnership up front, a wide midfielder and a winger, one more defensively minded CM, the other more attacking, two standard central defenders who defend deep and two fairly attacking full backs.

On 11 though, sticking to Mansfield (just won the Prem, 2019/20 season and appointed England boss alongside), Crewe (just won promotion to the Prem, absolutely certain I'm going to get dicked on as I signed a raft of young League One players with potential when in League One/Champ who have done ridiculously well or are touted as future England players - managed to keep a hold of Nick Powell) and Welling (first season, through to the 3rd round of the FA Cup).
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Determination of 13 :)

CAFCsayer said:

As long as you look after them right, yes. Make sure when youre blooding them that you're playing them in games they have a chance of playing well in.
    I've put him straight out on loan at QPR in the champ where he's regarded as an important first team player and is playing every game, problem?
    He just won champ player of the month!
  • Options
    I assume he's a regen? Screenshot of his stats?
  • Options
  • Options
    Very nice. Don't think he'll be on £55 per week for long!
  • Options
    Me either! Loan to a lower prem club next year, then back with me for my charge at the top 4 the following I reckon?
  • Options
    get him to work on his quickness. He looks fairly average speed atm and doesnt have the best jumping and strength so cant work as much of a target man. This is one part that i love about bringing through youngsters, for some theres a point where you can decide what kind of player they will be
  • Options
    Just started again seeing how well you guys are doing have got a nice list of frees and loans I'm going to bring in!
  • Options
    Finished 6th in season 3! Euros next year!
  • Options
    Ouch, Morro has a release clause and I've spunked the majority of my budget on forwards