Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FM 2013

Comments

• Options
    Fuller was woeful for me until I told him I was placing him on the transfer list. He then begged me to let him stay and upped his game. Wuss.

Signed Christiano Zannetti on a free and low wages at the start of the season - he looks likes he's a bit past it, but in big games I always play him as part of a five man midfield (DM or DLP) and he always steps up. 2nd in the championship with about 10 games to go.

Got to the semis of the league cup too, before being smashed by ****ing Spurs.
  • Options
    Mr. Happy said:

Signed Christiano Zannetti on a free and low wages at the start of the season - he looks likes he's a bit past it, but in big games I always play him as part of a five man midfield (DM or DLP) and he always steps up. 2nd in the championship with about 10 games to go.
    blockquote>

First season I signed Zanetti, managed half a friendly then injured for 9 months, played 2 games at the end of the season and then retired. 2k a week, miserable. Ended the season as champions though, so was ok.

• Options

Have a save for crewe and currently in my second season in the prem with them after finishing 7th with them but didn't get a euro place. Using almost exclusively youth products so the average age of my squad is 20. My striker has played for England a couple of times and midfielder has been called up.

Bought back nick Powell and another youngster I had to sell back for big bucks to balance the budget. That's pretty much all the money I've ever spent in transfers as I'm investing it all in the academy. Been tier 1 since we were in league one.

Building a new stadium ready in a couple of seasons with a capacity of 26,000. Hopefully will continue producing top players and keeping hold of them to eventually become a big club.

Got another save with Real Oviedo and got promoted back into the second tier of Spanish football. Oviedo are a great team to take over as they have a massive (30,000 all seater) stadium whilst all the other teams in my first season had 2-3,000 capacity stadiums. Was a massive benefit having 30,000 fans watching the home leg of our play offs, was like having another couple of players on the pitch. Their striker is also incredible and is a club legend, puts in 100% performances every game, and always has "looking very professional" as his body language on the pitch. He's club captain and influence of 20. Trying to put money into their academy that has produced the likes of michu and mata. Go the same route as my crewe save

Always play a 2-3-2-2-1 formation, so 2 centre halves, 2 wing backs and an anchorman, then two central mids, two wingers and a big man striker. Play the ball on the floor, make sure each individual player has set to "short" passing in player instructions and long shots to "rarely". You get some great football being played, just get your players to work on their defensive set pieces as they'll be dealing with a lot of crosses. Is usually my one downfall, particularly with crewe. Had that problem with them from season one.

Jesus mate, i take it your single ?
    Haha nope! But I am a student! Haven't played much for a couple of months now though.
  • Options
    If anyone has any feedback on anything to do with Charlton in the game, now is a good time...

Harriott of course will be getting a decent boost for FM 2014.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

If anyone has any feedback on anything to do with Charlton in the game, now is a good time...

A bigger transfer budget please!

• Options
    I guess judging by how well the youth teams are doing at the moment some level of improvement on the potential to have good quality kids coming through.
  • Options
    Pritch has been atrocious in the last two games. Considering he's one of the top ten assist-makers in the league this season maybe he could have a boost.
  • Options

A bigger transfer budget please!

If only!

I guess judging by how well the youth teams are doing at the moment some level of improvement on the potential to have good quality kids coming through.

As they get closer to the first team they improve with each version/update, but over the years you realise it's better to be cautious when rating the youngsters.

Joe Pigott for example did well out on loan in the Blue Square South this season, which gives an idea how he should be rated. Wouldn't be right if he was tearing up League 1 in the game when a more proven player in Michael Smith is only a squad player for Colchester at that level.

Of course it's not always that simple, Pritchard and Harriott (often on the bench for the U18s in 2011/12) being good examples.

Pritch has been atrocious in the last two games. Considering he's one of the top ten assist-makers in the league this season maybe he could have a boost.

As above, he's risen through the divisions very quickly after looking like he'd only have career in non-league.

He was improved for the FM12 January update and again for FM13. He then got a big boost in the FM13 January transfer window update after showing he could compete at this level.

He's been tweaked further for FM14 now that he seems to have secured a regular starting place. Hopefully he'll start scoring more often next season and he'll have to be improved again!
  • Options
    My proudest achievement in a pre season friendly before the start of the 2013/14 season after winning promotion via the play offs.
  • Options
    Scoham, if you'd been able to predict how quickly Pritch has improved in the last two years you could quit your job and just win the lottery every week
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sasquatch said:

Just out of curiosity, what is your current squad with Fleet?

No-one that you've heard of as they're all re-generated players.I'm now in 2022/23. Started off in the early seasons picking up kids who were released from league clubs, such as Andrea Zola from the Hammers, Chris Jones from Derby to name a couple, but pretty soon (by the time I reached the Isthmian leagues) I was just getting youngsters, mainly from from Irish clubs like Bohemians for nothing (at one point I had about 15 paddys in the squad) as it seems there were loads of decent players out there you can pick up for nothing. It's a real challenge that becomes even more so the higher you go, due to having a stadium that only holds 1000, which was okay up until the BSP. By the time I reached the championship, I was ground-sharing for a season with Millwall (who were sitting nicely in mid-table in the BSS, being dragged into non-league football by their manager, Scott Parker).
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Hi Scoham,

First off, thanks for all the hard work you put in to the game each year, I have done work for much smaller projects than FM so I can only imagine what goes into this each year.

My main improvement would be to the quality of our youth facilities and recruiting.

While we do not have the greatest youth system I always feel what we do have is undervalued quite a lot. You just need to look at the number of our youth prospects who play regularly in the top 2 divisions in England to see that the system is unfairly stacked against our system.

Usually 99 out of 100 prospects only reach BS prem or league 2 at a push. If youth systems were as large on the game as in real life this wouldn't be an issue, but I just feel it doesn't accurately represent what our youth academy does. If we had ratings around 15 rather than closer to 10 I think it would be more accurate.

Of course it could just be bad luck on my part!
  • Options
    Oh and "Sir" Chris Powell deserves a decent boost as well for what he has achieved this year! I'll edit the game to bankrupt Millwall and Palace once I buy it ;)
  • Options
    Powell left for West Ham on my one.

Im top of prem with Swansea.
  • Options
    I got this recently and have only spent hours trying to install it from cd rom onto my laptop. Can anyone help me? it just keeps saying that steam needs an internet connection.
  • Options
    I think you might need the Internet to install it but after that you can play and have steam in offline mode.
  • Options
    I have a dongle. Do they not work for games?
  • Options
    I'm thinking about buying it tomorrow, anyone have any idea what the online play is like? My friend has it as but is yet to play it online.
  • Options
    Still in the first season. Kermo just nicked a 89th minute header to book us a ticket to the FA Cup Final against Chelsea.

Even on the game he's a legend.
  • Options

That should be fine, is it Steam that is refusing to work or generally not connecting to the internet?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jdredsox said:

That should be fine, is it Steam that is refusing to work or generally not connecting to the internet?

steam tries updating but can't connect.

Annoying. I paid 30 quid for it. I will keep trying.

would it be a good idea to take my laptop somewhere with a proper connection just to install and then switch to offline?
  • Options
    I would say that is probably the best idea, or pop down a starbucks as their wifi is usually quite reliable. Have you checked if your firewall is blocking Steam?

To be honest, since the last update I haven't run Steam in anything but offline mode. Unless you want to play games online Steam just gets in the way.
  • Options
    Jdredsox said:

I would say that is probably the best idea, or pop down a starbucks as their wifi is usually quite reliable. Have you checked if your firewall is blocking Steam?

To be honest, since the last update I haven't run Steam in anything but offline mode. Unless you want to play games online Steam just gets in the way.

Thanks for help. Pain in the arse all this online bollocks.
  • Options
    finding this really hard currently third bottom with charlton in my first season,just before xmas.Anyone got any tips? i literally have a player get injured every game too.had to play poyet one game cos i had no one else available.Any suggestions on how i can turn it round,newspaper talk of me getting the sack soon.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

finding this really hard currently third bottom with charlton in my first season,just before xmas.Anyone got any tips? i literally have a player get injured every game too.had to play poyet one game cos i had no one else available.Any suggestions on how i can turn it round,newspaper talk of me getting the sack soon.

Kerm , Haynes

Wordsworth/Harriott Jacko Stephens Pritch/Green

Wiggins Morro Dervite Solly

Hamer

Play Kerm at a TM and Haynes as ADF

Then just swap in and out sensibly due to fitness or injuries.

Standard and balanced play style, this got me promoted. 14 points clear!

• Options
    Gotta go Curbs style and stop the rot.

Go 4-5-1 and Battle. Hassle opponents, but select Get forward etc.

Im in 2016 on mine so I now have a tactic that works and a young squad. Im currently 9th in the prem in March. 4 points off 6th. Still have a few original players in my squad too
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Played a season a while back, we finished 10th with 66 points after a strong finish to the season (remind you of anyone? :-)). The teams that got promoted were Burnley, Bristol City and Wolves..........
  • Options
    Somehow managed to beat Chelsea on penalties in the FA Cup final to win the title in my first season. Went on to win the play-offs after finishing 5th.

Got a 15 million transfer budget for the premiership, not much you can buy on this game with that!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Just loaded up the old save to have a look. Was sitting 2nd, a point behind Cardiff after 19 games in my second season.

Managed to get Theo Robinson from Derby in a swap deal for BWP (extended his contract right at the start of the game) at the end of the first season and the guy already has 17 goals in 19. Him and Kermorgant are a dream team. Also picked up Danny Batth cheaply after Wolves got promoted. Other signings included Tommy Rowe and Aidan White from relegated Peterboro and Leeds.....
  • Options
    Currently on offer, £10.20 this weekend only in the sega website