Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FM 2013

Comments

• Options
    Google it. You can usually find ready made training structures.
  • Options
    Covered End Junior, have you editted the player stats or is Harriott really that good halfway through 2015? Very good average rating too, so he's clearly competent.
  • Options
    I used the editor to make Harriot a good championship player but that's the only change I made as he was non league standard before.
  • Options
    Fair enough. Yeah that's what I thought, as he is not even good enough to be a sub in my first season in the Championship. Might have to do the same myself in the future, just find that I am always too generous in how much I improve Charlton players.
  • Options
    If you set his current ability to a similar level to Wagstaff and Green he should look about right in game (it'll up his attributes automatically). Probably fair to up his potential ability from -6 to -7 as well.
  • Options
    Okay, cheers Scoham. How does the potential ability stat work? I.e. What does -7 mean in relation to -6? I would have just assumed that -7 was worse than -6, but you're implying that it's the other way around.
  • Options
    -10 is the best random potential, -1 the worst (0 is completely random, but I think it's biased towards the lower end).

-8 think Scott Parker and Darren Bent level, very good Prem and England squad player
    -7 Championship to good Prem, eg Paul Konchesky, Michael Turner, Kevin Lisbie at his peak perhaps
    -6 League 1 to Championship, Lloyd Sam, Rob Elliot
    etc

They cross over slightly so in one game a -6 player could be better than a -7 player. And of course it's only potential so they might not reach that level.

• Options
    Awesome, thanks!
  • Options
    Scoham said:

If you set his current ability to a similar level to Wagstaff and Green he should look about right in game (it'll up his attributes automatically). Probably fair to up his potential ability from -6 to -7 as well.

Could've just got it right the first time, Scoham. ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    An important thing to take into account for signing young players with potential...........There are many factors that go towards him reaching his max rating. Level of training facilities comes into play, along with how good your coaching staff is and the type of training you have him set on. Probably the biggest factor is actually playing first team football as this will help more than any of the previously mentioned. Those not good enough for 1st team on current ability can of course be sent out on loan to get the match experience, but note that the club they'll be loaned out to are (probably) a lower league team and the training/coaching will not be as high a standard as at your club.

So, a potential rating is not guaranteed........................
  • Options
    i know they say that the players on FM stop developing at 24 but i always find its much earlier, like 19/20/21. After that its useless keeping a player that isnt at that level but still has a lot of potential but never develops even with game time and strong average ratings. I've never seen a late flurry at around 22-24 where some players do actually develop quickly into their potential in real life (cleverly is one thats developed late in the big clubs).
  • Options

i know they say that the players on FM stop developing at 24 but i always find its much earlier, like 19/20/21. After that its useless keeping a player that isnt at that level but still has a lot of potential but never develops even with game time and strong average ratings. I've never seen a late flurry at around 22-24 where some players do actually develop quickly into their potential in real life (cleverly is one thats developed late in the big clubs).

As I said in my previous, It's a juggling job of trying to give them good training and first team footy. This is especially vital between the ages of 17-21. As you say, by 22/23 the technical development slows right down. However, mental attributes then come more into play, with players becoming more composed, influentual etc.

Physical attributes should also continue to grow also, especially natural fitness..........
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Unbelievable!!
  • Options

Unbelievable!!

Gutted for you. Just take some time out, do some punditry and assess your options.
  • Options

Unbelievable!!

Gutted for you. Just take some time out, do some punditry and assess your options.
    Sounds like a great idea ! :L
    It hurts thoe i must admit, especially when Steve Mclaren has just signed on !
  • Options
    My team is as follows

----------------------Butland----------------------

Solly------Verkhovtsov-----------Caldirola-------Wiggins

--------------------Fernandes-----------------------
    ------------Mellis--------------Taffarel--------------

Redmond---------------------------------Djuricic

-----------------Benteke------------------------

Subs: Hamer, Morrison, Stephens, Dos Santos, Sow, Haynes, Malonga
  • Options
    QUALITY
  • Options

Unbelievable!!

I know that feeling too well.

• Options
    How on earth did you get Benteke Dizzle?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sitting in 17th at the moment... Swansea just offered me a job on 4 times my wage and turned it down!
  • Options
    Every c**t keeps getting injured.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Sitting in 17th at the moment... Swansea just offered me a job on 4 times my wage and turned it down!

Its not about the money , money.

• Options

Every c**t keeps getting injured.

This.... Pain in the arse!

Add to that, Kerm is a bellend. Wanted a new contract, wouldn't accept less than 23k a week so told him where to go as I'm trying to keep the wages low. He let the contract run down so went to sell him, had 3 offers for 1.3 million, he turned them all down and signed a precontract with St Etienne; was happy when he broke his leg!

Club making an average of of 4 million quid a month profit and staying safe from relegation. Take that!
  • Options
    fired it up for first time in ages, lost first 3 altho against Cardiff, Blackburn and brum , tried the 5 1 3 1 didn't get anywhere changed to a 4 4 1 1 now and am unbeaten in 6 beat west ham in 3rd round of league cup got chelskea away as a reward... kerm is banging them in and scored a few worldy free kicks, sold green to Ipswich and bought sam saunders from Brentford has been mustard.
  • Options
    Finished 14th, loved by the board... Everyone on small wages!
  • Options
    Really don't understand how I can go from winning five in a row to losing six of the next ten. Don't even know what I can do to stop it happening, tried so many different tactics/opposition instructions.
  • Options
    Anyone know a way of downloading it for free? Would really appreciate it.

Have been wanting to get the game for a while but due to exams and other commitments, I haven't previously had the time to give it a go.
  • Options
    Got some muppet on a match highest earner clause that the club have put in... Any idea how to get rid?
  • Options
    Sage said:

Anyone know a way of downloading it for free? Would really appreciate it.

Have been wanting to get the game for a while but due to exams and other commitments, I haven't previously had the time to give it a go.

Torrent it, but the more people that do this the least incentive they are gonna have to keep making it. Just pay for it if your that desperate to play it.