Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FM 2013

Comments

• Options
    Play 5-1-3-1 with two wingers, this tactic won me the league, then got me 12th in the Prem in my first season and it now has me in 4th place in the Prem just before Christmas.
  • Options
    Download form Game website for 7.99 today
  • Options
    downloading now! £7.99 bargain!
  • Options
    What a deal! Having some of this.
  • Options
    Just started...
    Solly out for 2 months after 1st round of Carling cup. Brilliant.

Jacko is an arseole.

McManaman is banging them in for me though
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Haha what did JJ do? He was nothing but a model pro for me until I gave the captaincy to Kermorgant for the second season.

He didn't like that. :-(
  • Options
    Keeps being sarcastic in meetings... Any signing recommendations?
  • Options
    Just got caned 4-1 first game of the season by Peterboro. Ouch, help.
  • Options
    Beat blackpool 2-0... Kerm injured, out for 5 weeks, joke.
  • Options
    Gonna have to let Kermy and Jacko go at the end of my season :( their just not up to champions league football lol.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Calum mcmanaman, forests majewski, arsenals eastmond, and Liverpool's wisdom, sitting third in the league, calling cup quarter final, millwall in 21st and palace 23rd, happy days
  • Options
    Beat Millwank 5-1 to go into 4th, since then lost 5 on the spin!
  • Options
    Sitting 10th in the Premiership in my second season. Got through the group stages of the EURO Cup having won the FA Cup in my first season. Have to say this team is doing a lot better than I thought it would.

Just been given an extra 7.5 million for the January transfer window from Slater which will hopefully shore things up at the back.

Wiggins, Solly, Dervite and Morrison all still in the first 11. Kermogant and Stephens on the bench.

Funnily enough, got Frimpong on loan for the season! He's been excellent!
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Sitting 10th in the Premiership in my second season. Got through the group stages of the EURO Cup having won the FA Cup in my first season. Have to say this team is doing a lot better than I thought it would.

Just been given an extra 7.5 million for the January transfer window from Slater which will hopefully shore things up at the back.

Wiggins, Solly, Dervite and Morrison all still in the first 11. Kermogant and Stephens on the bench.

Funnily enough, got Frimpong on loan for the season! He's been excellent!

What are you doing that I'm not!? Help aha.
  • Options
    Cheating!
  • Options
    Literally half my first team are out for the season
  • Options
    can never do well on this game, just finished my first season with charlton and finished 14th in the championship, dont understand what i am doing wrong if so may people are able to get promoted first season and then finish top half in the prem!
  • Options
    Change of formation, 7 unbeaten and 2 points off playoffs!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If there's one thing I did that made a difference in the first season, and that I'm still doing now, it's playing people in their best positions.

Go to the player's profile, go to 'report', and somewhere on there it will say what their best position is. Choose the role that they're best at.

Also, watch matches with comprehensive highlights and use the shouts to fix things you see going wrong.
  • Options
    Make sure you give players some individual instructions, also once you get to the Prem play 5-1-3-1, Charlton are easy to manage on FM, I have about 10 games left in my season and I'm still in the top 4 of the Prem. (Without cheating)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just done a season in a day and a half, when it clicked, it clicked! Caned Derby 5-1 in the Play-off final
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Recently bought this and into my 3rd season as Charlton manager. First season won the playoffs, second season finished midtable in the prem and third season struggling in the bottom half but bottom 3 are a long way away in points. I find that once you get in a bad run it can be hard to get out of, but once you have you can easily win a few on the spin. I play quite an attacking 4-2-3-1 usually and only Hamer, Wiggins, Solly and occasionally Pritchard, Stephens and Morrison play from the current squad.

Been knocked out of both cups in the first round to lower league opponents in all 3 seasons so far so seems quite realistic in that respect...
  • Options
    Used to like it, but it's mind numbingly boring. After a day in the office I get back home, fire up the laptop and end up in a staff meeting. Two hours later you've played one game and your whole first team get striken with ligament injuries. Free agents brought in outside the window can't be registered. Massive yawn.
  • Options
    Got the handheld version for my tablet.

Enjoying the fact that there is less to do then the full game and it seems slightly easier - currently in my 4th season with Aberdeen, top of the SPL and have just beaten bayern 2-1 in the Euro cup qtr final....
  • Options
    By the way, Maximillion Meyer is some player!
  • Options
    Can't crack the prem, great squad imo just can't win. Any tactical buffs tell me what to do with this lot?

• Options
    Or recommend some good young players... Want to keep the squad young other than 1 or 2 experienced players
  • Options
    play just one striker, push your right and left mids up to wingers behind the striker and add a couple of players into the midfield, play a short passing game, tell your players to long shoot rarely and to play a short passing game. Tends to work for me on all my games, if they dont have the ball they cant beat you!
  • Options
    4 2 4 possession. Rigid tactics passing game. They take a while to get used to it but when it clicks.

pace and lots of it.
  • Options
    Do you have to mess about with training or just let it run itself?