Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Dickson

Comments

• Options
    Last involvement in British football was a failed trial at Stevenage....
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

Hanging baskets are in fabulous condition

• Options
    sign him up .. I hear he's very promising
  • Options

Not true. Played for two clubs in Cyprus between 2010 and 2012, been playing for Shanghai in the Chinese Super League over the last few months.

Irrelevant anyway. He's not here to sign a contract. As others have said, it'll be a training course or something like that.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Not true. Played for two clubs in Cyprus between 2010 and 2012, been playing for Shanghai in the Chinese Super League over the last few months.

Irrelevant anyway. He's not here to sign a contract. As others have said, it'll be a training course or something like that.
    Not British Though.
  • Options

MrLargo said:

Not British Though.
    Sorry, didn't notice that.
  • Options
    GCSE final exams have been held at the Valley the last couple of weeks?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

dabos said:

It's very difficult to blood a non-league novice who is rubbish at football, yes.

Poor first touch, poor team player, 0 goals in 29 league appearances. I accept that many of those were substitute appearances, but he did next to nothing to warrant the praise some people give/gave him.

He is also a far weaker player than those we've released.

How can you say that without seeing the kid play for years?

I'd welcome him back, been doing well abroad and if CP likes him, i'd like to him see him again.
    I could say the same thing about your assertion that he's been doing "well abroad", if we assume that most of us know very little about the overall quality of the Cypriot and Greek leagues. Even his record for Famagusta in the one decent season in his career is up for debate, given the data on his Wikipedia page contradicts itself. In one place it says 21 goals in 44 appearances, further down the page it says 4 goals in 17 appearances. This page also suggests 4 goals in 18 appearances: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/chris-dickson/leistungsdaten-vereindetail/spieler_55745_18945.html
  • Options
    LOL nice JT.

That was the image i was going for. Fabulous darling
  • Options
    dabos said:

J BLOCK said:

dabos said:

It's very difficult to blood a non-league novice who is rubbish at football, yes.

Poor first touch, poor team player, 0 goals in 29 league appearances. I accept that many of those were substitute appearances, but he did next to nothing to warrant the praise some people give/gave him.

He is also a far weaker player than those we've released.

How can you say that without seeing the kid play for years?

I'd welcome him back, been doing well abroad and if CP likes him, i'd like to him see him again.
    I could say the same thing about your assertion that he's been doing "well abroad", if we assume that most of us know very little about the overall quality of the Cypriot and Greek leagues. Even his record for Famagusta in the one decent season in his career is up for debate, given the data on his Wikipedia page contradicts itself. In one place it says 21 goals in 44 appearances, further down the page it says 4 goals in 17 appearances. This page also suggests 4 goals in 18 appearances: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/chris-dickson/leistungsdaten-vereindetail/spieler_55745_18945.html
    Scoring goals and playing in the Champions League, I would class that as 'doing well abroad'.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If anyone genuinely thinks he is signing then they need their brain tested.
  • Options
    Some people have strange priorities: They recoil in horror when Carlton Cole is available, yet get all excited when Chris Dickson pitches up at The Valley.

• Options
    I very much doubt he is here to sign for us and more likely he wants somewhere to train as he wants to come back to blighty and wants a pre-season under his belt.

while he was with us he was unfairly treated imho. Not having the facts in front of me I'd hate to throw out stats, but I'm sure he only started a couple of games and most sub appearances were around 5-10 mins tops. I do remember a certain Carl Leaburn starting week in, week out without hitting the net but he was given game after game, unlike Chris Dickson.
  • Options
    Rate him he wasn't given a fair chance with us .
  • Options
    If he played well in China he might be worth a trial.

But I doubt he's here for a contract, probably just hoping for some training before looking at league two or one teams.
  • Options
    I think it was a touch of the Pards, he was pardly given a chance after Pards bugged him up. I just Pardknew he'd never get a fair crack, then his agent Parded up his chances by making him out to be the next Iain Wright!
  • Options

I very much doubt he is here to sign for us and more likely he wants somewhere to train as he wants to come back to blighty and wants a pre-season under his belt.

while he was with us he was unfairly treated imho. Not having the facts in front of me I'd hate to throw out stats, but I'm sure he only started a couple of games and most sub appearances were around 5-10 mins tops. I do remember a certain Carl Leaburn starting week in, week out without hitting the net but he was given game after game, unlike Chris Dickson.

Leaburn and Dickson are very different forwards. Dickson's game is off the shoulder and pace, a poacher. Leaburn was a player who was very awkward for defenders to defend against and brought others into play.
  • Options
    Neither were great. ;o)
  • Options
    He used to live in Plumstead. My guess is he is seeing friends and family and did the picture as a practical joke. He's probably on Charlton life now grinning.
  • Options
    I'd be very surprised indeed. Surely like all others have said.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unlikely I admit but if SCP wants another look then that's good enough for me. My guess is he wants a route back into English football and perhaps might do a pre season with us ?
  • Options
    Was that photo taken at the Valley? If so since when have players been trained at/had trials at the Valley?
  • Options

Was that photo taken at the Valley? If so since when have players been trained at/had trials at the Valley?

Just guessing but it looks like the training ground, I can't see the hanging basket lasting long on the mean streets of Charlton.
  • Options
    It is at the training ground.
  • Options
    @MrDickoDotCom For da record, I have just finished rehab at CAFC with da physiotherapy staff down there! Thank you @erolphysio n Adam! Raring to go now!
  • Options
    Fantasic player. If only we have given him more a chance. He could of been a great player for us.
  • Options
    Bob22 said:

Fantasic player. If only we have given him more a chance. He could of been a great player for us.

• Options
    Na I am being serious Drizzle. He had it all, Power pace, the moves like jagger. He was a key player for us, the go to guy, the BIG man on campus.
  • Options
    In current circumstances I'd take him back in heart beat, he's done well since he's left us
  • Options
    I like you Bob. Good effort