Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Dickson

Comments

• Options

sm said:

I'd wager he'd score more goals than either Church or Sordell.

His record while at Charlton suggests otherwise.

Just remind me how many games did he start & how many mins on the pitch did he have in the 2-3 yrs he was with us.

I seem to recall that Parky preferred to have Tamer Tuna on the bench (and never brought him on once) for at least a dozen games one season to Dickson. As far as I'm aware the lad has given up football having not kicked a ball in anger since playing for Erith Town.

Dicko wasn't given a run in the side and in hindsight probably didn't do himself too many favours at times but deserved a better opportunity than he got. The same might also be said for Jonjo and Randolph but, perhaps, I shouldn't open that "can of worms" - or wear a tin hat at least.
    Lets not forget he had after a successful spell at Gillingham, a second spell when he was poor and he had a spell at Bristol Rovers who had an option to buy which they, with no reluctance, turned down and Lennie Lwrence was fairly scathing. The times I saw him apart from one run at Brentford where he won us a penalty he was cack and about the only notable thing he did at the club was pull down Lloyd Sams shorts in a hotel foyer, resulting in either him or Sam getting a pulled Hamstring!!!
  • Options

Chris Dickson? Do me a favour - I'd rather have Barbara Dickson. Callum Harriott, falling over the ball like a child; Bradley Pritchard, chasing around for the ball that he himself has lost; Joe Pigott, blasting a penalty in to Row Z at Dartford.

You may like all this hapless stuff. When Donny Rovers pitched up at The Valley, they weren't thinking "Oh, I don't like our chairman because he won't shell out" - they scored three times within 23 minutes, sliced us apart with simple, incisive, rehearsed moves.

What exactly goes on at Sparrows Lane?

I thought what a random comment, but then I saw who wrote it.

You've dug out our training methods and staff on dozens of threads. Why don't you pop down to Sparrows Lane and take a look yourself??

• Options

Chris Dickson? Do me a favour - I'd rather have Barbara Dickson. Callum Harriott, falling over the ball like a child; Bradley Pritchard, chasing around for the ball that he himself has lost; Joe Pigott, blasting a penalty in to Row Z at Dartford.

You may like all this hapless stuff. When Donny Rovers pitched up at The Valley, they weren't thinking "Oh, I don't like our chairman because he won't shell out" - they scored three times within 23 minutes, sliced us apart with simple, incisive, rehearsed moves.

You've dug out our training methods and staff on dozens of threads. Why don't you pop down to Sparrows Lane and take a look yourself??

Best ignore VG and why the constant referring back to the Donny game where they clearly had divine intervention with the ability to walk on water whereas we had divers boots on. I'm just disappointed that the lack of quick throw ins didn't get an airing :0)
  • Options

When I listen to a singer at the Royal Albert Hall, I expect her to sing in tune - and she does, beautifully. I have no interest in her rehearsals, or her back-story, or the clearing of her throat. When I go to The Valley, Callum Harriott stumbles over the ball like a toddler.

Is Harriott's failing a lack of coaching, or a lack of natural talent? While you are trying to work it out, we have won one game in ten, and are facing Shrewsbury, Colchester, and Walsall next season.

• Options
    So you've got no interest in what happens at sparrows lane yet your happy to criticse it.

Righty'o
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

JT said:

Will end up back at Hamlet in the Conference South

Hope so, another promotion for Hamlet would be excellent (Currently 2nd in Ryman Prem
    Oh i know ;-)
  • Options
    Beautiful troll.
  • Options

When I listen to a singer at the Royal Albert Hall, I expect her to sing in tune - and she does, beautifully. I have no interest in her rehearsals, or her back-story, or the clearing of her throat. When I go to The Valley, Callum Harriott stumbles over the ball like a toddler.

Is Harriott's failing a lack of coaching, or a lack of natural talent? While you are trying to work it out, we have won one game in ten, and are facing Shrewsbury, Colchester, and Walsall next season.

It would appear you understand football about as well as golfaddick, keep up the good work.
  • Options

Good work chap. Reckon you're more of a tactical expert than a Pro Licenced coach.
  • Options
    why do you all still bite to the hook he dangles
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In his career as a shite pub team player - Chris Dickson has played for Charlton, Gillingham, Bristol City (or was it Rovers), played in the 2nd tier in cyprus and got promoted as top scorer in the league, played in the top tier in Cyprus, played in the Champions league, played in China, played for Ghana and trained with some of the best African footballers in the process. Now he finds himself playing professional football for Dagenham.

So what have you done that make you such an authority in the game?
  • Options

sm said:

I'd wager he'd score more goals than either Church or Sordell.

His record while at Charlton suggests otherwise.

Just remind me how many games did he start & how many mins on the pitch did he have in the 2-3 yrs he was with us.

I seem to recall that Parky preferred to have Tamer Tuna on the bench (and never brought him on once) for at least a dozen games one season to Dickson. As far as I'm aware the lad has given up football having not kicked a ball in anger since playing for Erith Town.

Dicko wasn't given a run in the side and in hindsight probably didn't do himself too many favours at times but deserved a better opportunity than he got. The same might also be said for Jonjo and Randolph but, perhaps, I shouldn't open that "can of worms" - or wear a tin hat at least.
    He didn't get many starts because he wasn't good enough. Simple as. An opinion that I was led to believe at the time was widely shared by the squad.
  • Options
    Chris Dixon was incapable of keeping onside when he played for us. Seemed unaware of the laws of football. Terrible first touch, barely worth the opposition marking him. Suggest that he might earn a living as a hare at a greyhound track.
  • Options
    Nothing against the bloke but he looked pony for us.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

In his career as a shite pub team player - Chris Dickson has played for Charlton, Gillingham, Bristol City (or was it Rovers), played in the 2nd tier in cyprus and got promoted as top scorer in the league, played in the top tier in Cyprus, played in the Champions league, played in China, played for Ghana and trained with some of the best African footballers in the process. Now he finds himself playing professional football for Dagenham.

So what have you done that make you such an authority in the game?

You missed the mighty (Dulwich) 'Amlet off the list !
    ;-)

• Options
    Now playing for Newly Promoted Sutton United.
  • Options
    Hq might have been available on a loan where his club pays the wages?

I think we are familiar with that kind of contract, maybe Katrien can use her precedent contracts to get us a good deal.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Is Stuart Fleetwood still at Sutton?

Imagine a Fleetwood/Dickson strike force knocking us out the cup

Edit: I see Fleetwood is now at Bath
  • Options
    He now plays for the same team as Ross Worner and the one and only Nicky Bailly
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    and Danny Haynes and his candy floss hamstrings are at Cray Wanderers.
  • Options
    Having a great game for Hornchurch at Wembley today
  • Options
    Chris Dickson? Do me a favour - I'd rather have Barbara Dickson. Callum Harriott, falling over the ball like a child; Bradley Pritchard, chasing around for the ball that he himself has lost; Joe Pigott, blasting a penalty in to Row Z at Dartford. You may like all this hapless stuff. When Donny Rovers pitched up at The Valley, they weren't thinking "Oh, I don't like our chairman because he won't shell out" - they scored three times within 23 minutes, sliced us apart with simple, incisive, rehearsed moves. What exactly goes on at Sparrows Lane?
    This is a certified CL classic.  
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Chris Dickson? Do me a favour - I'd rather have Barbara Dickson. Callum Harriott, falling over the ball like a child; Bradley Pritchard, chasing around for the ball that he himself has lost; Joe Pigott, blasting a penalty in to Row Z at Dartford. You may like all this hapless stuff. When Donny Rovers pitched up at The Valley, they weren't thinking "Oh, I don't like our chairman because he won't shell out" - they scored three times within 23 minutes, sliced us apart with simple, incisive, rehearsed moves. What exactly goes on at Sparrows Lane?
    Indeed it is, but everyone on here should read this page, it’s peak Viewfinder:

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/68334/dulwich-hamlet-v-charlton-xi-2-3-wiggins-injured/p5

The best part is his response to ValleyGary.
    Viewfinder's comments to VG were absolutely bonkers.
    Definitely in my all time top 10.
  • Options
    An absolute classic.  Well done to all concerned.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/68334/dulwich-hamlet-v-charlton-xi-2-3-wiggins-injured/p5

Thank you for finding this. I often think of this exchange whenever I need a pick me up but had no idea what thread it was
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Viewfinder's comments to VG were absolutely bonkers.
    Definitely in my all time top 10.
    I’d love to see whatever you think beats this!
  • Options
    'Certified' sums that lunatic up perfectly.