Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Dickson

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Chris Dickson? Do me a favour - I'd rather have Barbara Dickson. Callum Harriott, falling over the ball like a child; Bradley Pritchard, chasing around for the ball that he himself has lost; Joe Pigott, blasting a penalty in to Row Z at Dartford. You may like all this hapless stuff. When Donny Rovers pitched up at The Valley, they weren't thinking "Oh, I don't like our chairman because he won't shell out" - they scored three times within 23 minutes, sliced us apart with simple, incisive, rehearsed moves. What exactly goes on at Sparrows Lane?
    This is a certified CL classic.  
    Indeed it is, but everyone on here should read this page, it’s peak Viewfinder:

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/68334/dulwich-hamlet-v-charlton-xi-2-3-wiggins-injured/p5

The best part is his response to ValleyGary.
    Thank you for finding this. I often think of this exchange whenever I need a pick me up but had no idea what thread it was
    The post aimed at ValleyGary was so specific yet every single point was so wrong. 

• Options
    @MrLargo 's holiday was my favourite. I bet his willy hasn't even admitted it was wrong
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Chris Dickson? Do me a favour - I'd rather have Barbara Dickson. Callum Harriott, falling over the ball like a child; Bradley Pritchard, chasing around for the ball that he himself has lost; Joe Pigott, blasting a penalty in to Row Z at Dartford. You may like all this hapless stuff. When Donny Rovers pitched up at The Valley, they weren't thinking "Oh, I don't like our chairman because he won't shell out" - they scored three times within 23 minutes, sliced us apart with simple, incisive, rehearsed moves. What exactly goes on at Sparrows Lane?

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/68334/dulwich-hamlet-v-charlton-xi-2-3-wiggins-injured/p5

Bring back the argument alert thread.
  • Options
    I still reckon he could do a job for us in League One.
  • Options
    There’s going to be a lot of people getting a lot of unexpected retrospective lols from this. That argument was top-tier CL
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

Viewfinder's comments to VG were absolutely bonkers.
    Definitely in my all time top 10.
    I’d love to see whatever you think beats this!
    Adrian and Blackpool was my favourite.
    Best post on that thread was this one

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/1276710/#Comment_1276710

but it’s always worth a read from the start...
  • Options
    I think they played the semi-final in late March beating Notts County in a penalty shoot out.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    I think they played the semi-final in late March beating Notts County in a penalty shoot out.

Yes your right.
    The leagues were stopped in November but certain cup competitions were allowed to continue.
  • Options
    Now at Cray wanderers having left Erith and Belvedere.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Badger said:
    Now at Cray wanderers having left Erith and Belvedere.
    He only joined s couple of weeks ago
  • Options
    That was a short stay at Erith and Belvedere! I knew Gary Alexander joined E+B as a player at 42 after being a manager for the last few years. Players hardly ever have contracts at this level and you seem to get registered in about 24 hours ! 

Chris Dickson is about 36 and will be playing for a few hundred pounds a week, depending on the local business folk who run the clubs at steps 3,4 and 5.
  • Options
    That’s a shame. I saw he’d gone back to the Deres. Obviously would have been great for them to have him.
  • Options
    See him play for E&B the other week against Welling Town he didn’t do anything special.If you didn’t know who he was you wouldn’t have guessed he had played at a higher level.
  • Options
    Oakster2 said:
    Still going strong at Chatham Town as he approaches 40

https://flic.kr/p/2pqQ2qV
    He's been tearing it up for them. They have some really promising players playing around him. Hakie brings him on and defenses immediately drop deeper and open chasms