Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Dickson

Comments

• Options
    Given our current position as paupers, would any Dicko sceptics now welcome him back if he wasn't contracted elsewhere?
  • Options

Given our current position as paupers, would any Dicko sceptics now welcome him back if he wasn't contracted elsewhere?

No

• Options

No
  • Options

No.

• Options
    I would give him a few a run in the pre season games left what harm could it do
  • Options
    sign him up
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

MrLargo said:

Think some of the criticism's very harsh. Very difficult to blood a non-league novice in a team that's getting beaten every week and playing terrible football. Thought he showed a couple of signs of being something special.

Totally agree , specially when he scored a hatrick vs arsenal in a reserve math
    Agree too
  • Options

As I see it, the harm would be in the disruption of preparing an attacking force. Only two weeks until Bournemouth, and surely Powell wants to get a pairing settled and working well together. You know my preference - Kermogant and Coulibaly: two French beasts.

• Options
    Powell would get more out of him than the pair of plums that managed him at Charlton. Massive confidence player, if he gets a run and does well he could do a job in this league. Picked up some useful experience abroad.
  • Options
    I hope Chris comes on here to read the loyal fans praise him. Honestly get over yourselves and cut him some slack. He's probably only home on a break so why not recognize a player who liked our club enough to want to go back and say hello.
    And then ask yourselves why you demand loyalty from players when you show then no respect at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Powell would get more out of him than the pair of plums that managed him at Charlton. Massive confidence player, if he gets a run and does well he could do a job in this league. Picked up some useful experience abroad.

what I think tbh whilst we continue to look it would offer some form of cover and give dicko a 2nd chance to prove himself

• Options
    I vote for giving him another chance
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    My instinct based on what I saw of him is no but if SCP thinks it is worth a shot then I'll trust in him.

The bloke did have some flair and a reasonable turn of pace. If he has added a work ethic and discipline to his game subsequently then maybe.

Only Powell will be able to judge that though.
  • Options

As I see it, the harm would be in the disruption of preparing an attacking force. Only two weeks until Bournemouth, and surely Powell wants to get a pairing settled and working well together. You know my preference - Kermogant and Coulibaly: two French beasts.

at the moment that is the only option so hardly a preference ;-)

• Options
    LenGlover said:

My instinct based on what I saw of him is no but if SCP thinks it is worth a shot then I'll trust in him.

The bloke did have some flair and a reasonable turn of pace. If he has added a work ethic and discipline to his game subsequently then maybe.

Only Powell will be able to judge that though.

He had virtually no ball control, his shooting was woeful, he ran around aimlessly, Dulwich Hamlet was his level. Great that he wants to come back & say hello (is there anyone left from his time here or is the club just doing him a favour re treatment ?) but please lets keep all contracts locked firmly in the drawer.
    Good luck for the future but if we were going to add Chris Dickson to the squad that really would spell problems at the club.

• Options

LenGlover said:

Dulwich Hamlet was his level.

As you say, it was his level.

He was a late starter in the Pro game and had a fair bit of catching up to do.

But as a professional, he has had the benefit of high level training and coaching- and decent experience abroad since.

That doesn't necessarily make him currently Championship standard - but he's no doubt matured and improved as a player.

• Options
    Bob22 said:

Fantasic player. If only we have given him more a chance. He could of been a great player for us.

You'll find that there's plenty of posters on here only too happy to chomp away at the slightest wind up but you're not doing your chances much good if you are going to do it twice in one morning with such obvious trolling.

Slowly, slowly catchy monkey 'n all that..
  • Options

Well Coulibaly isn't even signed so it would be silly to put all our eggs in that basket. Pretty sure Chris hasn't turned into Thierry Henry but his experience abroad should have helped mature him a bit and improve his all around game. No reason to not give him a shot whilst he's over here, especially with our lack of strikers.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Oggy Red said:

LenGlover said:

Dulwich Hamlet was his level.

As you say, it was his level.

He was a late starter in the Pro game and had a fair bit of catching up to do.

But as a professional, he has had the benefit of high level training and coaching- and decent experience abroad since.

That doesn't necessarily make him currently Championship standard - but he's no doubt matured and improved as a player.

Just to clarify it was not me that said Dulwich Hamlet was his level contrary to the evidence above.

The quote system on here works in mysterious ways sometimes!
  • Options

at the moment that is the only option so hardly a preference ;-)

A pairing of Kermorgant and Coulibaly isn't the only option, Large. There's the unappealing option of playing just one up front....

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Signing for Dagenham. Subject to International clearance that is.
  • Options
    will score goals in league 2
  • Options
    Is a good signing for Dagenham... Hope he does well
  • Options
    Champions league to Dagenham in a season, via China. Interesting career path. Seems to lack the fortitude to come out swinging when he is going through a lull. Think that is all the separates him from a tip top pro.
  • Options
    I assume him and China did not gt on! Glad to see him back I hope he does well for them.
  • Options
    he will score bag loads there I liked him and him as a fella
  • Options
    WSS said:

@MrDickoDotCom For da record, I have just finished rehab at CAFC with da physiotherapy staff down there! Thank you @erolphysio n Adam! Raring to go now!

I cant warm to anyone that uses 'da' instead of 'the'
  • Options
    I like Dicko. Not championship or maybe even league one standard but should score goals in league two. Obviously had affection for Charlton and it's nice to see him getting paid for something he quite clearly loves doing.

Good on him.
  • Options
    Yep. Hope he does really well.
  • Options
    Why does he need international clearance? Or is it a FIFA thing rather than an immigration thing?