Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Dickson

Comments

• Options

Why does he need international clearance? Or is it a FIFA thing rather than an immigration thing?

You need international clearance if you move from a Welsh league club to an English league club.

Standard thing for any cross border transfer despite him being British.

• Options
    Not sure how it works as hasn't he played for Ghana?
  • Options
    Hope he does well at da dagenham
  • Options

Certainly got in their squad. But I think this is about football registration rather than government regulations

• Options
    Good luck mate, you deserve another crack in the UK
  • Options
    yeah i liked dicko. first touch not good enough for championship or higher. movement and finishing are.

and let him use "da, skeen, rudeboy" whatever. no different from any other dialect, like a yorkshire or somerset variation. spice of life and all that. chris dickson is a decent fella and he doesnt cross the line from cheeky chappy to downright skank, like nile ranger.
  • Options
    btw, thats no criticism on your comment VG. each to their own
  • Options
    Where is his dialect from then?
  • Options
    WSS said:

Plum Lane I was told...
  • Options
    WSS said:

expecting that this is a wind up, but i was just stating that i dont see anything wrong with a black lad from London talking a bit of that jive. in fact you can be black, white or purple...if u feel an affinity with an area then its up to you if you want to adopt those collequialisms.

i can also understand how people can get frustrated by it and also it can cross the line and descend into aggressive and illiterate rubbish.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

WSS said:

expecting that this is a wind up, but i was just stating that i dont see anything wrong with a black lad from London talking a bit of that jive. in fact you can be black, white or purple...if u feel an affinity with an area then its up to you if you want to adopt those collequialisms.

i can also understand how people can get frustrated by it and also it can cross the line and descend into aggressive and illiterate rubbish.
    Oh, we're well used to aggressive and illiterate rubbish on Charlton Life.

• Options
    KMT!!!
  • Options
    I thought a dialect was one of those overgrown pepperpots from Doctor Who!
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Certainly got in their squad. But I think this is about football registration rather than government regulations

Made two appearances.
  • Options

WSS said:

i dont see anything wrong with a black lad from London talking a bit of that jive. in fact you can be black, white or purple...if u feel an affinity with an area then its up to you if you want to adopt those collequialisms. .
    Jive? Ha ha

• Options

Made his debut in the 86th minute as a Sub in the Daggers 2-1 win at Accrington tonight.
  • Options
    Scored his first goal for the Daggers tonight against Southend in the Paint Pot.
  • Options
    mad game 6 goals in about 15 minutes
  • Options
    Said a few times when other Charlton fans said we should sign him on a free transfer this summer he is league 2 quality at best works in that league but no higher
  • Options
    I'd wager he'd score more goals than either Church or Sordell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    he wouldnt get a single shot away in this league
  • Options
    Will end up back at Hamlet in the Conference South
  • Options
    buckshee said:

WSS said:

i dont see anything wrong with a black lad from London talking a bit of that jive. in fact you can be black, white or purple...if u feel an affinity with an area then its up to you if you want to adopt those collequialisms. .
    Jive? Ha ha

Dicko is with Our Rachel on SCD doing the jive?

Ya get me?
  • Options

His record while at Charlton suggests otherwise.

• Options
    JT said:

Will end up back at Hamlet in the Conference South

Hope so, another promotion for Hamlet would be excellent (Currently 2nd in Ryman Prem)

• Options
    sm said:

Just remind me how many games did he start & how many mins on the pitch did he have in the 2-3 yrs he was with us.

• Options
    hope he does well, but I dont think he's good enough
  • Options

sm said:

Just remind me how many games did he start & how many mins on the pitch did he have in the 2-3 yrs he was with us.

Cos he was pony!!
  • Options

sm said:

I seem to recall that Parky preferred to have Tamer Tuna on the bench (and never brought him on once) for at least a dozen games one season to Dickson. As far as I'm aware the lad has given up football having not kicked a ball in anger since playing for Erith Town.

Dicko wasn't given a run in the side and in hindsight probably didn't do himself too many favours at times but deserved a better opportunity than he got. The same might also be said for Jonjo and Randolph but, perhaps, I shouldn't open that "can of worms" - or wear a tin hat at least.
  • Options
    Chris Dickson? Do me a favour - I'd rather have Barbara Dickson. Callum Harriott, falling over the ball like a child; Bradley Pritchard, chasing around for the ball that he himself has lost; Joe Pigott, blasting a penalty in to Row Z at Dartford.

You may like all this hapless stuff. When Donny Rovers pitched up at The Valley, they weren't thinking "Oh, I don't like our chairman because he won't shell out" - they scored three times within 23 minutes, sliced us apart with simple, incisive, rehearsed moves.

What exactly goes on at Sparrows Lane?