Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are we actually going to sign any new players?

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2013
    DeeBee said:

IT'S EVEN ON WIKI AND THE OS :O http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Gower

"Gower scored two 25-yard goals in consecutive games...." - I like that bit!

• Options

Can not wait for the pre season to start so we can see all of our new signing.

Oh, don't be so cynical with your singular, Stonewall. After all, we haven't ascertained what Chris Dickson was doing at Sparrows Lane yet....

• Options

Crazy season has started on CL as usual. First week of june, we haven't signed 20 players for a combined £50million, so the doom mongers foretell our impending relegation with a record low number of points.

I hate summer.

Yep, I'm having sleepless nights over this.

• Options

And gower is on holiday

i would hope so are other targets so that when we move on them they are relaxed and ready

Cant believe a few days into june and people are questioning the lack of signings

Only those feeling the need for a bit of attention.

• Options
    Ebbsfleet sign another player. Perhaps PT is more part-time than even we thought.
  • Options
    Gower?
  • Options

Oh, don't be so cynical with your singular, Stonewall. After all, we haven't ascertained what Chris Dickson was doing at Sparrows Lane yet....

I was only joking. Don't know how to sound joke-like using text.
  • Options

I know you were joking - so was I when I mentioned Chris Dickson.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    thread started at 9.28am and we still haven't signed anyone.

we have become a joke club and the Valley seats are looking tired.

when i renewed my ST, I am sure there was something in the small print saying all of our signings would be made by 7 June.

my son keeps asking whether we've signed anyone and I have to tell him that the cupboard is bare. he can't understand the situation and suggests we ask players to sign on the basis that we "pay them what they like". Rufus will drive them to our ground.

i am off to a crappy away pub for a pint where I hope some Leicester fans will make me laugh and will not return until Quick Quid is confirmed as our new sponsor.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

when i renewed my ST, I am sure there was something in the small print saying all of our signings would be made by 7 June.

my son keeps asking whether we've signed anyone and I have to tell him that the cupboard is bare. he can't understand the situation and suggests we ask players to sign on the basis that we "pay them what they like". Rufus will drive them to our ground.

i am off to a crappy away pub for a pint where I hope some Leicester fans will make me laugh and will not return until Quick Quid is confirmed as our new sponsor.

Excellent, Macronate! There's nothing else for it - We must put out an SOS for Chrissy Powell to return from his holiday in Vegas IMMEDIATELY and answer all our many questions in full and without evasion. The close-season always gets me like this, makes me twitchy and distracted. I've tried watching cricket over the years, but simply don't get it: Where's the tension, the drama? Where's the heroism, the feverish atmosphere? Thirty long days to go before kick-off at Park View Road....

• Sponsored links:

• Options

I know you were joking - so was I when I mentioned Chris Dickson.

Oh.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Yeah, I tell my son that it takes a while to prise Messi away from the likes of Barca...this keeps him keen anyway.
  • Options
    When is the next Euromillions draw?
  • Options
    Who cares. Football is over until August.

Bring back the 70's. you'd turn up at the first game and find 12 new players you'd never heard of and hope for the best.

ok. a bit extreme but that's how I remember it.

If Phil Warman, Charlie Wright, and Colin Powell were still there I was happy.
  • Options
    @ knows what I did all summer, except for playing football with me mates.
  • Options
    some one said we were spoilt when we went up, thats certainly very true i think.

Not going to panic about the transfer window until after it closes and we have signed NO ONE. Oops, looks like we've signed Gower!

the transfer window isnt open and gower was only signed now because he had his contract terminated at the end of the season i believe!
  • Options
    Everyone's on holiday. Even Solly is on holiday. When they are back I'm sure bids will be made and talks will start.
  • Options

Macronate said:

Excellent, Macronate! There's nothing else for it - We must put out an SOS for Chrissy Powell to return from his holiday in Vegas IMMEDIATELY and answer all our many questions in full and without evasion. The close-season always gets me like this, makes me twitchy and distracted. I've tried watching cricket over the years, but simply don't get it: Where's the tension, the drama? Where's the heroism, the feverish atmosphere? Thirty long days to go before kick-off at Park View Road....

Crickey , it was all sounding so good , until you mentioned 30 days till Welling!

PANIC!

:-0

• Options

Macronate said:

Crickey , it was all sounding so good , until you mentioned 30 days till Welling!

PANIC!

:-0

Twenty-nine days, 18 hours, 42 minutes, and 26 seconds... 25... 24...

• Options
    Maybe we should have a countdown timer on Charlton Life for this big event, and when we get to that special beautiful moment fireworks go off.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Continues to be very quiet regarding new signings - does this suggest we are going to be more reliant on youngsters next season or are there players we are after ?
    Seems like a lot of clubs are in a similar position.

Takes time to arrange the contracts for players like Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney etc.
    I'm sure once image rights are sorted out some kind of announcement will be made. ;-)
  • Options

Maybe we should have a countdown timer on Charlton Life for this big event, and when we get to that special beautiful moment fireworks go off.

Good idea. Fireworks to go off at a 3pm kick off on a sunny summer Saturday!

;o)
  • Options
    Reading have signed Wayne Bridge from under Brighton's nose.
  • Options

Reading have signed Wayne Bridge from under Brighton's nose.

He probably lives nearish to Reading.
  • Options
    hope its not true but rumours say Rob Hulse on his way back to us
  • Options
    I thought he did a decent job for us last season.
  • Options
    From what I saw of Coulibaly yesterday I would probably chose Coulibaly if I had to chose between the two but hopefully it's both of them
  • Options
    I want Obika
  • Options
    doronron said:

hope its not true but rumours say Rob Hulse on his way back to us

I've head the same - strong rumour.
  • Options
    oh dear. If true this is not great news!