Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are we actually going to sign any new players?

Comments

• Options
    Hulse is no prolific goal scorer but he did a decent job while Kermy was injured, I'd have him as backup to Yann because we clearly can't afford much better.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    All that CP has been given by TJ and co is a big barrel and we are now scraping the bottom of it. I feel for CP I really do.
  • Options
    Please not Hulse again
  • Options
    THEMCA said:

Please not Hulse again

What was wrong with Hulse?
  • Options
    Didn't rate him at all. Terrible first touch. Really hope we can get better. I don't understand the Hulse love.
  • Options
    I have no problem with Hulse coming back, he did a good job for us
  • Options
    Hulse is decent in the Champ
  • Options
    I think Hulse is the level we can afford at the moment.
  • Options
    THEMCA said:

Didn't rate him at all. Terrible first touch. Really hope we can get better. I don't understand the Hulse love.

It's not really "love" but he proved himself more capable at this level than some of our strikers. I'm not saying that he should start every game, but I'd definitely have him in the squad.
  • Options
    He may be better than some of what we have got which isn't a lot at the moment, and we may not have any money. I just don't think he is all that. Especially when you look at the players we have released that were match winners. I am obviously in the minority I am just not a fan!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Let's face it we are desperate. Anyone will do as long as they are cheap.

Offload Haynes, BWP and Waggy and sign Hulse.

The transfer dealings of the doomed.
  • Options
    And Fuller
  • Options
    THEMCA said:

And Fuller

Exactly..

• Options
    Hulse did score two or three goals for us, but I get the feeling he's been around the block once too often: his play is a bit predictable. He ain't gonna pull up many trees....
  • Options

Hulse did score two or three goals for us, but I get the feeling he's been around the block once too often: his play is a bit predictable. He ain't gonna pull up many trees....

Unlike Wood of course...

• Options
    I would be happy with Hulse as back up to Yann as the hold up center forward.
  • Options

Unlike Wood of course...

You are alluding to not being able to see Wood for the trees pulled up by Hulse...

• Options
    CP said he would have liked to have kept Taylor--------- LIKED TO HAVE KEPT HIM. We sign Wood because he is cheaper------thats it.

Sad though it is the Bermondsey gold fish sellers have more dosh than us. They have brought in 5/6 plsayers and at least three brass pots for their caravan.

This season we have to HOPE that the team holds together and a few of the kids step up, someone wins mega money on the Euro ------no one is coming over Shooters Hill to save us.

This is CAFC.
  • Options

Agree totally.

Don't understand all the Hulse bashing on here for one moment. Ok he had one stinker up at Wolves, missing some easy chances, but apart from that he led the line well, holding the ball up from long punts forward very effectively, and generally got stuck in, For a loan player, he actually looked like he cared and in his final match at Watford, very telling that Chris Powell gave him a huge hug.

If (as) we are broke, we could do much worse than resign him.

• Options
    I was keeping my fingers crossed we could do better than him,and don't forget,he is another year older
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Agree totally.

Don't understand all the Hulse bashing on here for one moment. Ok he had one stinker up at Wolves, missing some easy chances, but apart from that he led the line well, holding the ball up from long punts forward very effectively, and generally got stuck in, For a loan player, he actually looked like he cared and in his final match at Watford, very telling that Chris Powell gave him a huge hug.

If (as) we are broke, we could do much worse than resign him.

Agree with this mostly, he was a decent Target man, it not helping that he was always being compared to the genius Yann Kermorgant in terms of winning the ball in the air, which he couldn't always do,he did though hold the ball up well and was a good team player. But i would only have him as a backup to yann, it never worked those two playing together for me, especially because he seemed to be playing as a poacher and people kept trying to play the through ball with him, and he's no danny haynes in pace... If come the start of the season and we were still short on strikers i would be happy with him as a backup to yann-this only if michael smith/piggot arn't deemed good enough as target men by SCP
  • Options
    if it's Hulse or no-one as he is all we can afford then it'll have to be Hulse. He wasn't bad but I'd hoped, stupidly, for better.
  • Options
    supposedly Hulse is off to Blackpool
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thank Christ.... awful awful player. Target man? lol

I honestly would rather sign no-one and try Smith, Pigott or even Harriott up top.
  • Options

Thank Christ.... awful awful player.

I honestly would rather sign no-one and try Smith, Pigott or even Harriott up top.

Did you see him play ? Harriott as a striker in the Championship ? I'm assuming you weren't there on Saturday
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Seen who play? Hulse? The man was virtually immobile, terrible in the air, and had absolutely no touch.

It always baffles me how players like this are seen as 'reliable', while players with talent, pace and skill are seen as 'a luxury'.
  • Options

Seen who play? Hulse? The man was virtually immobile, terrible in the air, and had absolutely no touch.

It always baffles me how players like this are seen as 'reliable', while players with talent, pace and skill are seen as 'a luxury'.

One of the things I love about this site is how fellow Charlton fans see things in a completely different light to me. I respect all opinions but I really do sometimes scratch my head in disbelief, as here. (See my comments above).

• Options
    I agree 100% Fortune. I think many "supporters" either don't go to many games or if they do, they don't watch it or can't because they've drunk too much ........ runs for cover :-)
  • Options

I agree 100% Fortune. I think many "supporters" either don't go to many games or if they do, they don't watch it or can't because they've drunk too much ........ runs for cover :-)

Covered, when the abuse starts come under my umbrella!
  • Options
    No one is signing anyone yet. We'll sign a striker next week or something. Obika will also come eventually. Weren't we saying same things last year about signings? 9 th wasn't bad!