Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions Trophy (cricket)

Comments

• Options
    Think any one of 7 could win this: The Aussies look in terrible condition.
  • Options
    We do just build a platform and rely on Morgan and Buttler, didnt come off yesterday but 270 was enough. But we're not good enough in ODIs as suggested by tactics and team selection
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    SL 135-9 after 37 overs.

138 all out. NZ need to 139 to win at 2.78 runs per over.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    From 48-1 to 49-4, with 10.1 overs gone. 90 to win.
  • Options
    Kiwis going to throw this away
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    70-5, 14.5 overs. Two McCullums at the crease together now.
  • Options

70-5, 14.5 overs. Two McCullums at the crease together now.

Its B McCullum and Vettori, I fancy the Kiwis to edge it
  • Options
    I was wrong, Vettori came out before the second McCullum. He's just gone lbw to Malinga though. 80-6 and now it should be the two McCullums..
  • Options
    Umpire missed an inside edge...

• Options
    Brendon McCullum bowled by Malinga. 115-7
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2013
    122-8. NZ need 17 to win but the other McCullum goes for 32 and it's left to the three bowlers.
  • Options
    Never watch cricket. This is the first time I have opened a cricket thread. Malinger? Remember seeing him last year and not believing my eyes. Just saw him take a wicket on Sky News. I am sure his bowling action would have been illegal during the 70s and 80s (when I did watch a bit of cricket as there were only 3 channels on TV). Have the rules changed?
  • Options
    just about going to do it
  • Options
    bad bad decision there. costly
  • Options
    Plum lbw not given.

Malinga's action is legal because his arm is straight at the point of delivery. I think.
  • Options

Never watch cricket. This is the first time I have opened a cricket thread. Malinger? Remember seeing him last year and not believing my eyes. Just saw him take a wicket on Sky News. I am sure his bowling action would have been illegal during the 70s and 80s (when I did watch a bit of cricket as there were only 3 channels on TV). Have the rules changed?

Yes..you can now straighten your arm but only by no more than 15 degrees.

This was a realisation that nearly all bowlers straighten their arm in delivery so were technically bowling no balls so the rule was altered to take this into consideration.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Bizarre run out! 134-9... 5 runs to win.

Shot to mid-on. Thrown at the non-strikers end, misses the stumps but travels down the wicket and hits at the striking end. Given out on review.
  • Options
    that was class
  • Options
    What an ending this is!
  • Options
    One over of Malinga left after this ball.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mike said:

that was class

Class?
    Fluke, surely?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    NZ win. Odd.

NZ needed two. Delivery went down the leg side and they ran the first, came back for the second and was short of his ground. Wide signalled though so NZ win in the end.

Looks like Sangakkara broke the stumps early anyway so wouldn't have counted. Still dramatic!
  • Options
    The wide takes precedence as it happened first.

Well done to Southee and McClenaghan for holding their nerves. Must have been awful for McClenaghan to walk out to bat with so few runs needed, yet knowing that one mistake and it's all over.

Great game.
  • Options
    How bad were the Asian commentators? Had no idea, calling for reviews when already used up and claiming some were definitely out and questioning the hawkeye view when shown not out. Hopeless and make you appreciate our commentators.

Used to love Asif Iqbal when at Kent but he was the most biased commentator going.
  • Options

How bad were the Asian commentators? Had no idea, calling for reviews when already used up and claiming some were definitely out and questioning the hawkeye view when shown not out. Hopeless and make you appreciate our commentators.

Used to love Asif Iqbal when at Kent but he was the most biased commentator going.

Agreed. I thought the same in the previous games. I assumed they must be watching it "live" and not watching monitors. Inane comments were unbelieveable. You could clearly see that players were caught or lbw etc & they are not even "seeing it" at all.

NB I liked that Ian Smith who has now returned home.
  • Options
    NB I liked that Ian Smith who has now returned home.

Decent keeper in his time as well...
  • Options
    Although Sky are showing this they are not producing it. It's controlled by the ICC who gave the gig to whoever they wanted. It all comes across very disjointed with long silent pauses. Just shows how slick Sky are these days.
  • Options
    Cracking match.

Can't really fault the umpire for missing that late edge. It almost looked as if it made contact with the back of the bat so the sound would not have been so clear, the bowler didn't appeal immediately which says a lot. You only get one review in this tournament so you really have to use them wisely. Vetorri would have been let off if NZ hadn't blown their one early in such a frivolous fashion.
  • Options
    so far it's been a very good tournament .. a big game today ... Pakistan v South Africa .. the losers are probably going home
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    SA bat first. 234-9 from their 50 overs.

Pakistan need 235 to win at 4.7 runs per over. :-)