Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions Trophy (cricket)

Comments

• Options
    Yep agree bfr

If we can two of the top 3 fairly cheap, doubt Sri Lanka offering too much lower down
  • Options
    Great shot to end that over!
  • Options
    GO ON RAVI
  • Options
    Bops is doing a Buttler
  • Options
    6 4 6 4so far
  • Options
    Bopara ... say no more ... 6 4 6 4 2 6 .. quite brilliant and a very good England score of 294
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    great stuff! 28 in 1 over! 293/7
  • Options
    28 from the last over, Bopara 33 from 13 at the end. Who said he hasn't got that in his locker ;)
  • Options
    hats off to bopara. good old billy
  • Options
    Come on the Ravi Bopara haters. All gone quiet!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think that's why Bopara is so frustrating though, because he's so talented, and clearly capable, just doesn't show it enough.

Also, like Berbatov, he has a languid outward persona, so when he doesn't produce it looks like a lack of effort. As a nation we'd always prefer someone to huff and puff a bit more.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

One good innings unfortunately doesnt make him England class

• Options

28 from the last over, Bopara 33 from 13 at the end. Who said he hasn't got that in his locker ;)

Guilty!

Well done Ravi, cementing his place in the ODI team with each and every game.

• Options
    Ha ha how little we know

Bopara is an international class ODI batting all rounder. Agree one innings doesn't prove that but his career stats do !
  • Options

Bopara ... say no more ... 6 4 6 4 2 6 .. quite brilliant and a very good England score of 294

I meant (of course) 293 (:->)
  • Options
    cafckev said:

Hardly just one good innings, he also scored 46 not out against Australia to boost our score at the end.
  • Options

I think that's why Bopara is so frustrating though, because he's so talented, and clearly capable, just doesn't show it enough.

Also, like Berbatov, he has a languid outward persona, so when he doesn't produce it looks like a lack of effort. As a nation we'd always prefer someone to huff and puff a bit more.

He's a quiet guy who is a shy character and completely opposite to some of the more rough and ready in your face guys we've had in the team in recent years. He's not as consistent as his "good day" talent would desire but I don't think that's through a lack of effort. He's overcome some mental demons and relentless stick in the press whilst the favourites still get adored, fair play to him he's got some guts.
    cafckev said:

And to say one innings is a laughable and bitter comment. Didn't like the 46* on Saturday either then?
  • Options
    Had to look this up because this criticism is laughable

Ravi 86 ODIs before today

Batting 31 avg
    Bowling 38 avg

Until we have a team of bothams to select from, I'd say that is England class
  • Options
    Massive mental blow that, if England had subsided at the end the Sri Lankans would have gone off the field full of confidence, but to have the opposition on the ropes then pull away from you at the end is a big low. Any score near 300 on an English pitch takes some getting!
  • Options

Had to look this up because this criticism is laughable

Ravi 86 ODIs before today

Batting 31 avg
    Bowling 38 avg

Until we have a team of bothams to select from, I'd say that is England class

Massive mental blow that, if England had subsided at the end the Sri Lankans would have gone off the field full of confidence, but to have the opposition on the ropes then pull away from you at the end is a big low. Any score near 300 on an English pitch takes some getting!

I totally agree with both of these opinions
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    he gets a catch off Anderson, England on fire!
  • Options
    Wheelie bin Ravi

Said the same about gylo
  • Options
    shaping into a good match here
  • Options
    they should nail that 'at on Bowden's 'ead
  • Options
    right now, S L look favorites
  • Options
    with these two at the crease definitely
  • Options
    Over 700 matches in ODI cricket between them.
  • Options
    Really need a wicket out of nowhere here
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    thank gawd for that !
  • Options
    got him!