Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions Trophy (cricket)

Comments

• Options

But Buttler could come in and hit 50 off 15 balls whereas Bopara doesn't have that in his locker. Buttler is the unpredictable but potentially explosive player in our line-up, seems silly to waste him to play the safe number six.

be good to see Buttler & Morgan in for the last few overs .. although Root can have a good bash as well .. I know what you mean though .. if Buttler comes off he's a potential match winner
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    With five overs to go, it's surely worth trying... if we lose a wicket of course.
  • Options
    I'm sure that will be the case at the next fall .. Buttler will come in .. we have not accelerated as much as I would have hoped
  • Options
    S L are always a dangerous batting side, though recent form is not tooooo hot
  • Options
    Joe Root has to be one of the most talented youngsters I've ever seen play for England.
  • Options
    wait for it .....
  • Options
    (great Root knock b t w)
  • Options

Joe Root has to be one of the most talented youngsters I've ever seen play for England.

Now thats what I call a curse!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Bopara!!! Surely not? ffs England

No it was Buttler, but now Bopara is in anyway. Two wickets in two balls.
  • Options

Now thats what I call a curse!
    lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    it's ..... Buttler
    my wish is dashed .. Morgan is out .. 249-5
  • Options
    So Morgan out for 13. Who wins the argument from earlier? Riviera or cafcfan1990?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Oh dear, if Morgan could've reviewed then would've stayed in. Drifting wide of off-stump.
  • Options
    Malinga would do Bairstow like a kipper I fear .. but we will never know now
  • Options
    Hit outside the line and missing the stumps, never mind billy, 1 out of 3 ain't bad. Why did cook waste the review earlier!
  • Options
    Cook used the review up...
  • Options

So Morgan out for 13. Who wins the argument from earlier? Riviera or cafcfan1990?

haha bad decision though. Agreed - Cook wasted review.
  • Options

Oh dear, if Morgan could've reviewed then would've stayed in. Drifting wide of off-stump.

Cook's fault for that rubbish review (again) earlier on...
  • Options
    how does Bowden keep his job? .. a terrible umpire
  • Options
    Buttler out caught behind. Duck.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we are imploding !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    In comes Bresnan to bash it about a bit.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Looking more like 270 now after all that hard work. :-(
  • Options

In comes Bresnan to bash it about a bit.

we hope
  • Options
    One day we're going to put on a monster score. Last 3 games, first one ended as planned, next two the innings has started as planned, just need a game were both happen.
  • Options
    254-7, Bresnan bowled.
  • Options
    280 is a nice score. I hold we get to that
  • Options
    Malinga next over won't make it easy. 270 is optimistic now we're 7 down.
  • Options
    276 I reckon
  • Options

One day we're going to put on a monster score. Last 3 games, first one ended as planned, next two the innings has started as planned, just need a game were both happen.

That's not England's strategy though - it seems to be bat steadily for the first 40 overs at around 4.5-5 an over and then accelerate over the last ten.

The idea being to guarantee a decent score to bowl at but not necessarily one that'll set records.