Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions Trophy (cricket)

Comments

• Options
    Lat wicket partnership of 51, Roach contributed 0, but didn't get out.
  • Options
    India cruising
  • Options
    India win by 8 wickets. Easy win.
    They were my fancy before the tournament started & are even more so now.
  • Options
    Impressive India. Seem to have surprised most though, I certainly wasn't expecting them to have qualified with one group game still to play.

West Indies vs. South Africa is now effectively a QF in Group B with Pakistan out.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Windies keeper Denesh Ramdin banned for 2 games after trying to con the umpires claiming a dropped catch. I think a certain Viv Richards will be thinking "Talk Nah Denesh!".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnO45rmaDZQ
  • Options
    David Warner dropped for Australia today due to an "alcohol-related incident" and still no Michael Clarke.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/22867634
  • Options
    Seems David Warner has anger management issues, an alleged attack on Joe Root follow this bizarre event when he laid into two journalists:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/22626821
  • Options
    Jonathan Agnew ‏@Aggerscricket 2m
    ECB confirm Warner launched unprovoked attack on an England player in a bar following England’s victory over Australia. He has apologised…
  • Options
    The player is believed to be Joe Root. Attack by Warner was unprovoked according to ECB statement and happened in the hotel where both teams were staying.
  • Options
    "glancing blow on the chin" on Root in Walkabout Birmingham in the early hours the SMH is reporting
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Aus 5-1, 1.3 overs. Watson is the man gone too.
  • Options
    13-2, 4 overs. Hughes run out.
  • Options
    Hitting Joe Root (who's puny and looks about 14) is like someone punching Chris Solly. If Warner had punched Steve Finn I'd have been much more impressed!
  • Options

Hitting Joe Root (who's puny and looks about 14) is like someone punching Chris Solly. If Warner had punched Steve Finn I'd have been much more impressed!

I doubt he could reach...

• Options
    Apparently before play a message was flashed up on the screen at Edgbaston from Michael Clarke saying: "Please remember to drink within your boundaries".
  • Options
    74-3 19 overs
  • Options
    Wade was plumb LBW - why did he appeal? Waste of a review.
  • Options
    already walking after he appealed. knew he was out.

oh well, come on you blackcaps!
  • Options
    219/7 at 47.3

• Options
    243/8 at 50.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Warner is a big time pussy. Of all the boys to slap, big hard joe root is a surprise

Like to see him take on Bresnan and broad
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Warner is a big time pussy. Of all the boys to slap, big hard joe root is a surprise

Like to see him take on Bresnan and broad

Or Ian Botham - as Ian Chappell once did, only to regret it seconds later as he was helped up off the floor.

• Options
    Aus vs NZ abandoned because of rain. Means England qualify for the semi-finals if they win tomorrow.
  • Options
    What ever happened to Luke Wright? Ravi Bopara has done well the last couple of games with bat and ball so not keen to see him dropped but just occurred to me that he used to be an integral part of the 50 over team.
  • Options
    I think Lukey is seen as purely a 20/20 player. He got a Big Bash contract so he's no mug. If Dernbach is to play he also is just a 20/20. He cannot bowl 10 overs.
    I want to see Bairstow replace Morgan tomorrow.
  • Options

Madness!
  • Options
    Warner suspended until the 1st Test.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Madness!

Morgan has passed 50 runs only twice in his last 28 ODI's.

Please back up your comment, I've backed up mine.
  • Options
    Warner suspended and fined 7,000 pound. If you compare this to the punishments handed out in football this is pretty big. I imagine this much money would actually make a significant dent in his income, as opposed to the puny fines handed out in football. Latest one that springs to mind, even though it was a club as opposed to a player, was Roma's 42,000 pound fine for racist singing from their fans - an amount that probably doesn't even register to a football club of that size.

It would be nice if we could employ significant fines in football that might actually make some people think twice about what they do.
  • Options

Warner suspended and fined 7,000 pound. If you compare this to the punishments handed out in football this is pretty big. I imagine this much money would actually make a significant dent in his income, as opposed to the puny fines handed out in football. Latest one that springs to mind, even though it was a club as opposed to a player, was Roma's 42,000 pound fine for racist singing from their fans - an amount that probably doesn't even register to a football club of that size.

It would be nice if we could employ significant fines in football that might actually make some people think twice about what they do.

The fine is peanuts compared to what he eanred in IPL and the other T20 tournaments around the world. And he's still available to play in the Ashes (albeit he'll be a bit rusty). That's like punishing a Charlton player by banning him from all the pre season friendlies!