Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions Trophy (cricket)

Comments

• Options

Will we be eliminated if there is no play today ?

If Sri Lanka win tomorrow, yes.
    Better start praying then.

• Options
    Australia need to narrowly win tomorrow if there is no play today, if they win by a lot then their net run rate can increase beyond ours, leaving them to go through. I'm not sure of the precise numbers though.

A lot of things need to go our way if there is no play, our best bet is to hope the weather gets better and we can at least 20 overs each in. I can't even see The Aussies winning anyway, if they do it will be a travesty that there squad gets to the semis infront of ours and Sri Lankas, worrying!
  • Options
    Not the best of adverts for cricket in Cardiff - think each match has been rain affected...
  • Options
    Unless it rains again should get 24 overs a side starting at 3.45. We are batting first and need to put in a score as NZ will have the advantage if it rains again and they get a DL score. I wonder if we'll rearrange our batting order. We are hardly set up for what is essentially a T20
  • Options
    That wicket was too easy for NZ
  • Options
    Been an entertaining shortened innings. Think the score is slightly above par and a lot of luck so far

If last pair push to 180 + game on
  • Options
    Usual shocking mid-order batting, feel we are throwing it away.
  • Options
    Disgusting
  • Options
    All out 169....................7 wickets in 6 overs. wtf
  • Options
    New Zealands for the taking. The likes of Guptill Taylor McCullum Franklin will have their eye on the short boundary. 170 to win at least 10 under par in my opinion. We will have to put on a sterling show with the ball.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Feel we could be a bit short...

Collapsed again.

Mind you we have the bowlers to win.

• Options
    Back in it now................NZ 3 down.
  • Options
    McCullum out. It's now England vs the weather. If the match is abandoned we are out... Need to get to 20 overs, and a bit of rain starting
  • Options
    62-5..........................hopefully rain should hold off. Might be worth throwing a couple of quick root overs in.
  • Options
    The required run-rate is up to nearly 11 an over now...
  • Options
    That should do it.
  • Options
    England win by three wickets...
  • Options
    Get in. don't understand why nz didn't stick to seam. Well played our seamers
  • Options

England win by three wickets...

Or 10 runs.

• Options
    RZARZA
    edited June 2013
    Looks like we'll be playing South Africa.

Can't see us winning but reaching the semi was good enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good game to watch. Outstanding with the ball. Need to win the group or we'll get mullered by India.
  • Options
    I really don't think we anything to fear from SA if we play to our full potential in all three disciplines.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

I really don't think we anything to fear from SA if we play to our full potential in all three disciplines.

Well that's always a big if. SA haven't been too bad considering the names who aren't playing for them.
  • Options
    ausies need to get to get to sri lankas total of 254 in 29 overs to stay in the tournament. can't see them doing it with Malinga bowling but I admire the fact that they are going for it.
  • Options
    Maxwell gone... think it's all over. such a shame. ; )
  • Options
    I want ausralia to win but nz to go through...dont like SL and I think we have more chance of beating nz if we both get to the final
  • Options
    I also can't stand sri lanka but that's more to do with their government/army.
    so I'm also hoping Australia can do it in the 50 overs so New Zealand can go through. can't see it happening.
  • Options
    Heard if the Aussies reach 164 we finish top of the group?
  • Options
    yep we're top.

we play south Africa on Wednesday at the oval.
  • Options
    Australia could do this.................only just over 3 an over, just don't/must not loose any more wickets. Turning into a great finish.