Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nicky Bailey

Comments

• Options
    Or the old bailey if you get in some deep doo doo
  • Options
    It's not us.
  • Options
    If QPR are interested then he'll end up at QPR. Money talks. Especially for Bailey.
  • Options

If QPR are interested then he'll end up at QPR. Money talks. Especially for Bailey.

If the choice was QPR or Millwall, it wouldn't just be money talking!
  • Options
    Amazed that QPR want him. For a side for whom you'd have thought promotion was a necessity and with the money they have available, i can't believe they're looking at a Middlesbrough cast off who hasn't exactly set the league alight.
  • Options

Bit unfair ? Money talks for 99% of everyone.

• Options
    Hippocrates! Just spat my whisky all over the keyboard!
  • Options

Amazed that QPR want him. For a side for whom you'd have thought promotion was a necessity and with the money they have available, i can't believe they're looking at a Middlesbrough cast off who hasn't exactly set the league alight.

Not sure "cast off" is correct. Another way to look at it is that 'Boro are slashing their wage budget and Bailey was out of contract so they parted.

And that QPR, Millwall and one other (Reading?) are interested indicts that a few managers believe he is a capable player at the top end of the Championship
  • Options
    Exactly. If you look at some of the players we've released, I'd have the likes of Danny Haynes and Ricardo Fuller down as two of our most talented players.
  • Options

I take it you know him then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not sure "cast off" is correct. Another way to look at it is that 'Boro are slashing their wage budget and Bailey was out of contract so they parted.

And that QPR, Millwall and one other (Reading?) are interested indicts that a few managers believe he is a capable player at the top end of the Championship

Well the way i look at it is that Mowbray didn't want him, so they didn't offer him a contract, hence he's a cast off.

Obviously there are other clubs interested, i'm just surprised that QPR are one of them.
  • Options

Well the way i look at it is that Mowbray didn't want him, so they didn't offer him a contract, hence he's a cast off.

Obviously there are other clubs interested, i'm just surprised that QPR are one of them.
    Or Mowbray can't afford him but would have kept him if he could.

But yes he is a cast off in the same way that Kermorgant was a cast off or any one whose ever not been offered a new deal is a cast off. What matters is can the player add to the squad.
  • Options
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11676/8791590?

Apparently we are monitoring the situation hmm believe what you want
  • Options
    Bailey strikes me as a Redknapp style player
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    If we only brought in players that other teams were not willing to let go, we would be Real Madrid or Man Utd!!!! The question should be, will he improve the team? It isn't like we are talking about a player we don't know much about. We know his strengths and weaknesses.

Somebody said he isn't a Powell player - I can't see that. I don't think there were any issues with his commitment to the cause when he was with us. Chrissy will look at a) will he improve the team and if he feels the answer to that is yes, b) can we afford him! and then possibly c) is the position a priority position?

I appreciate, the answer to b) is most likely to be no - but I'm not going to say we don't need him because of that.
  • Options
    Yann Kermorgant
    Danny Hollands
    Matt Taylor
    Johnnie Jackson
    Leon Cort

All 'cast offs' from clubs at a similar level when they joined us.
  • Options
    I would have put hard cash on Haynes not being a Powell type player either.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Yann Kermorgant
    Danny Hollands
    Matt Taylor
    Johnnie Jackson
    Leon Cort

Good list to which you could add Morrison and Dervite
  • Options
    Jackson was not a cast-off, by any stretch. He shouldn't have been anywhere near League 2 either, it's only because Notts County were "loaded" at the time.

Chances of Bailey coming back to us? About 10000/1 for me. No way.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Yann Kermorgant
    Danny Hollands
    Matt Taylor
    Johnnie Jackson
    Leon Cort

Danny Hollands and Matt Taylor were offered contracts to stay but chose to leave. The other three were under contract but wanted to leave and their clubs agreed to 'release' them so that they could move on.

It's not quite the same as them being released and potentially being out of a job until they get another contract.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought most Bournemouth fans wanted Hollands to stay.
  • Options

Jackson was not a cast-off, by any stretch. He shouldn't have been anywhere near League 2 either, it's only because Notts County were "loaded" at the time.

Where can i send my £1 please, gotta be worth it at those odds :)
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Yann Kermorgant
    Danny Hollands
    Matt Taylor
    Johnnie Jackson
    Leon Cort

Hollands, Taylor and Jackson were not cast offs.
  • Options

Where can i send my £1 please, gotta be worth it at those odds :)
    Haha send it to Great Ormond Street mate :)

• Options
    Burnley now favorites for Bailey
  • Options
    Jackson wasn't in the starting team at Notts County when he came on loan to us.
    I wouldn't describe Bailey as a cast off from 'boro either, is Hayes a cast off?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    PopIcon said:

I wouldn't describe Bailey as a cast off from 'boro either, is Hayes a cast off?</</b>blockquote>

As fans director yes!

:-)

• Options
    PopIcon said:

I wouldn't describe Bailey as a cast off from 'boro either, is Hayes a cast off?

JJ had been moved positions by Notts to cover Left Back when he first came to us after Grant Basey got injured.When he recovered from his hamstring problems that season he regained his place in Notts County's midfield as they stormed on to promotion.

The reasons he was given a free were partly financial as he had been part of Sven's spending spree and a wish to return south because he and his wife were expecting a baby and wanted to be closer to their family.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

PopIcon said:

JJ had been moved positions by Notts to cover Left Back when he first came to us after Grant Basey got injured.When he recovered from his hamstring problems that season he regained his place in Notts County's midfield as they stormed on to promotion.

The reasons he was given a free were partly financial as he had been part of Sven's spending spree and a wish to return south because he and his wife were expecting a baby and wanted to be closer to their family.
    Yes, Notts County were quite generous with him (and us) letting him go south on a free.
  • Options
    Jacko was easily championship standard when he went to notts county, was back when they were taken over by a fraudster claiming to have a middle eastern royal family behind him. Think it was more the fact they couldnt afford his wages and we could.